Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Oct 26, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #3,616 of 10,060
Does anyone have the short run "Stor" built from FA011 coils + Vali earcups?

Kennerton is building a cable and updating the stock cable to 4.4mm, and so I am waiting for Kennerton to get back to me (Hi Ivan!) when it is ready.

Does the "Stor" sound like any of the current Kennerton models, perhaps the Vali?

I'm really looking forward to getting them sometime early November, I know Kennerton has been busy with other things, so I am being patient :)

I have the Stor. Its nice, I like it but dont love it. Looks better than it sounds (not that it sounds bad by any means.) Its my only Kennerton though (so far) so cant compare.

Oct 26, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #3,617 of 10,060
Its here!!! Sorry for the crap picture.
Congratulations which version? Mine hasnt shipped yet. Mine hasnt shipped yet. Mine hasnt shipped yet :D

Oct 26, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #3,619 of 10,060
That is quite the change and that is before the PayPal conversion fee of roughly 5%. That puts the USD price at 123% of the Euro price.😢😥
Wait do you let PayPal do the conversion. Let the bank do that always better rates

Oct 26, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #3,622 of 10,060
The ordering in USD doesn't actually work from the website. It does in the shopping cart, but not checkout.
when using paypal there is a setting for change currency conversion before you pay. By default its always paypals rates

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #3,624 of 10,060
maybe try shooting them an email. They can just invoice you in USD directly.

I shot them an email last week because I wanted to check out with the amount the USD cart was showing me. They emailed me back saying this happens sometimes with the currency rates and that they had adjusted the prices on the site. So I'm afraid my email is what actually raised the USD prices on the site! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #3,625 of 10,060
I shot them an email last week because I wanted to check out with the amount the USD cart was showing me. They emailed me back saying this happens sometimes with the currency rates and that they had adjusted the prices on the site. So I'm afraid my email is what actually raised the USD prices on the site! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

i wish i could insert the :xf_eek:megalul: emote in here. Also PSA for anyone who gets the Gh50s, please bend the frame in as pointed out by @John Massaria. The out of box seal is not adequate.

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #3,626 of 10,060
Doesnt work buying in euro then?

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #3,627 of 10,060
i wish i could insert the :xf_eek:megalul: emote in here. Also PSA for anyone who gets the Gh50s, please bend the frame in as pointed out by @John Massaria. The out of box seal is not adequate.
for some really large wide heads the standard fit is good out of box BUT for those who want you can tailor them like a suit

see mod review here- and I am updating more as I go along on that review- sound is part science and part musical taste. As a hobby customization is key - imagine if I could mod my other headphones as much as these but alas these GH50s are truly customizable to taste. Bass mod, dot mod, band mod- all easy to do and reversible so long as you don't damage the cellulose carbon drivers with your fingers or sticky dots! Better to order the modded version from Kennerton and slowly do further mods yourself (risk on you) if you feel the need for customization
d.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #3,628 of 10,060
nope they were always priced at 1080 euros- but they did sell the first 10 at an intro price months and months ago on launch of new product.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #3,629 of 10,060
Don't forget to try experimenting with Surround Sound and Arena/Concert Hall effects on Gjallarhorn too. It does something with the horn/soundstage but I can't put my finger on it.

Oct 26, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #3,630 of 10,060
Don't forget to try experimenting with Surround Sound and Arena/Concert Hall effects on Gjallarhorn too. It does something with the horn/soundstage but I can't put my finger on it.
read my PM please when u get chance about Amp suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back