Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Oct 26, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #3,632 of 10,059
Do you mean songs recorded in a concert hall, or do you mean enabling surround sound settings in windows

I have a free music player app on Android called Musicolet. In it's equalizer settings you can adjust surround sound, bass, reverb, etc.

MUSICOLET-review-by-Sourabh.jpg

I set my Gjallarhorns to 25% Bass Boost and 50% Surround Sound and it was phenomenal sounding, much better than stock. You could experiment yourself to find the balance you want. 25% for both was pretty good too. If you turn Surround Sound all the way up to 100%, it sounds like the band is behind you and you are the vocalist on stage. :heart_eyes:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #3,634 of 10,059
ask https://www.head-fi.org/members/eternityinparis.536629/ he owns the LSA HP2 and modded it similar to my GH50-
I can say the GH50 has the beautiful leather sides and has ability to tune bass more through two side ports with carpet (voids warranty)- but drivers in both are identical otherwise.

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #3,635 of 10,059
It´s been said the lsa uses the 40 mm driver and the gh50 obviously the 50 mm driver?

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #3,636 of 10,059
no thats 100% incorrect its a 50mm driver same driver used on Magni and GH50 - the cup design is horn loaded on both GH50 and LSAHP2 but the tuning is different and design is different - the LSA HP2 has one bass port and the GH50 has two

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #3,637 of 10,059
I really like my Magni (bought them off John, thanks!) and since then have added a pair of HP-1 to the collection. Kennerton very much has my attention.

The Magni are almost everything I want in a closed-back but to my ear, they get a little congested at times. I'd love something with a little more separation and detail. Wondering if the Gjallarhorn might be a good fit (I've experienced the power or horn loading in speakers). Other closed-back cans I've tried (and mostly like) include ZMF Eikon and Verite, Fostex TH-X00, and Argons.

Comparisons, thoughts, feedback welcome! thanks

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #3,639 of 10,059
I really like my Magni (bought them off John, thanks!) and since then have added a pair of HP-1 to the collection. Kennerton very much has my attention.

The Magni are almost everything I want in a closed-back but to my ear, they get a little congested at times. I'd love something with a little more separation and detail. Wondering if the Gjallarhorn might be a good fit (I've experienced the power or horn loading in speakers). Other closed-back cans I've tried (and mostly like) include ZMF Eikon and Verite, Fostex TH-X00, and Argons.

Comparisons, thoughts, feedback welcome! thanks

As for LSA read they are the same just cosmetic changes, I have read they use different drivers which is not correct. And now I read that they are tuned differently afterall which I don´t doubt :)

JVC DX 1000 is worth a check also in term of soundstage not so much in detail. I do preferr the Magnis and don´t see that changing.

Got some shipping info received on my GH50.

Oct 27, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #3,640 of 10,059
The other factor that can't be ignored is the price difference. In today's dollars, the Gjallarhorn are $1277 and the HP-2 are $799. That's nearly a $500 difference.

The Gjallarhorn looks sooo much better to my eye but that's a bitter price pill to swallow.

Oct 27, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #3,641 of 10,059
IMG_1800.JPEG
GH50-dark-5.jpg

See the single small bass port in middle side LSA HP2 and the GH50 Has two larger bass ports . the internal cup scoup is also different and more complicated on GH50 than that of the LSAHP2 for those two ports- they do not sound identical. The GH50 modded the way I did it sounds the best for me of any closed back bar none I ever heard. The LSAHP2 can not be bass modded like the GH50 can (at your own risk too) - The fluffy flat flexible dots mod can be made on both models however- to same result. The music is pin point accurate with fluffy dots stops and starts on a dime (flat fluffy dot mod is my mod- I have not tested the new foam dots on the JM Edition yet but I did order one and it should be here shortly for me to compare) - I will make a new review comparing mine and theirs but I listen with my ears- Kennerton tuned the GH50 with graphs and ears- so it should be better for their taste. Everyone has different flavors they like. Ah yea- the LSA is only ONE color the GH50 comes in 4 colors/models. I understand the GH50 JM Edition has softer leather and silky smooth glossy finish where the GH50 regular has matte finish.

GH50 JM Edition
Gjallarhorn-GM-Edition-Dusk.jpg
Gjallarhorn-GM-Edition-2.jpg

GH50 (Classic No Mod)
GH50-dark.jpg
GH-50.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #3,643 of 10,059
I read it all- he (SRAJAN EBAEN from 6moons) quoted exact words from my review on his page 2 for half the page- he copied verbatim the response from Valentin I wrote at the bottom of my WODAN REVIEW regarding pads stitch but never sourced back to my review or reference or credit- strange and a bit rude. I do like how he writes but he did 3 pages and doesn’t talk about Wodans sound b/c article is still being continued sometime in future .... hmmm we will see

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #3,644 of 10,059
It´s typical 6moon. They don´t do reviews just mumbojumbo with words. When you try to collect the words you understand he doesn´t really say anything most of the time just playing with words. Maybe I just handpicked the wrong texts but never got much sense out of 6moon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back