K701 thread
Feb 4, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #511 of 2,619
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every time I get a new amp I'm initially disappointed. After a few hours of listening to the music and critical listening, I tend to notice the differences and end up pretty happy. Listen to it for a few more days and if the difference is still nil, you know you can sell it
smily_headphones1.gif

The other thing is your source and music. What are you using?

X1 You're right, some times you need this mod to get into a critical listening session.

Feb 5, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #512 of 2,619
Quote:

Every time I get a new amp I'm initially disappointed. After a few hours of listening to the music and critical listening, I tend to notice the differences and end up pretty happy. Listen to it for a few more days and if the difference is still nil, you know you can sell it
smily_headphones1.gif

The other thing is your source and music. What are you using?

Not trying to defend CanAmp (I'm a MoT), as this applies to all critical listening.
My question is: Do you know what to listen to? voice, soundstage, musicality etc.

I have access to a lot of headphone amp and unless I know what to look for, for me they all kinda sounds the same. Not after I sit down and really listen that I can pinpoint the difference. Having said that I have heard some amp that straight away gets my attention. I won't mentioned which.

Feb 5, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #513 of 2,619
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordearl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
okay...well in that case you need something better, so go for the K701, but don't say we didn't warn you when you've spent another $500 on an amp...then $750 on an amp.....then $150 on a re-cable.......then $60 every week buying remastered albums to test the difference, then $500 for K702, etc etc

The understatement of my year thus far. I picked up the AKG 702's.....joined this forum to gather info....ordered a Woo Audio WA6, headphone stand and just got new cables in.
k701smile.gif

WOO2.jpg

wooaudiohps.jpg

GEDC0049.jpg

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #516 of 2,619
Really enjoying these phones right now. YYZ and Tom Sawyer by Rush are simply breathtaking. It sounds extremely accurate.

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #518 of 2,619
So How does the Woo sound w/the AKG's? Thanks!
Keith

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoingOK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The understatement of my year thus far. I picked up the AKG 702's.....joined this forum to gather info....ordered a Woo Audio WA6, headphone stand and just got new cables in.
k701smile.gif

WOO2.jpg

wooaudiohps.jpg

GEDC0049.jpg

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #521 of 2,619
Quote:

Finally saw a k702 in person today. I wish I got them instead of the k701
tongue.gif

MomijiTMO,
Please expound on that comment. Explain the sonic comparison.
Thanks,
Rubrmn
confused.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #522 of 2,619
I thought it was more a matter of the K702 looking better.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm sure if I were to see a K701, I'd feel the same. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #524 of 2,619
so i opened up my 702s today... curiosity left me really agrivated
frown.gif
i will share pictures when i get the recable under way. The insides of the 70x are lacking in good wiring, specifically the way the right channel gets the signal. Seriously why does akg use the metal band of the headband to carry the signal! i love these cans but this is a frustrating matter and it is consuming me! anybody have suggestions for cable to do a dual entry into these bad boys? please dont recomend jena cuz thats just a rediculous price to pay for cable(125$ for 25 feet...) thanks, happy listening!

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #525 of 2,619
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubrmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MomijiTMO,
Please expound on that comment. Explain the sonic comparison.
Thanks,
Rubrmn
confused.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought it was more a matter of the K702 looking better.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm sure if I were to see a K701, I'd feel the same. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Yeah pretty much. White is .. . . not a common thing in my room. Oh well, they do stand out xD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back