k1000 owners club
Nov 21, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #1,518 of 1,660
Hello K1000 or K1K owners!

Again, I want to mention that already in year 2014, I was asked by a view guys of you, to develop kind of "follower" of the AKG K1000 based on today's technology.

Nowadays it became reality.
"K1000 upgrade is there and it's called "MYSPHERE 3"

My partners and me invested 2 full years for development time apart from huge investment. (b.t.w. it's one of the shortest development times in this industry based on pure know how)
The supply chain for all parts is fixed (98% EU based) and production capacity is in place in VIenna - Austria (we rump-ed up slowly beginning 2018).

Some details you find there: www.mysphere.at
...including what the press believe about.

Much more interesting may be, what the community here is mentioning about:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mys...gn-build-quality.819658/page-57#post-14601749

Please check this brand-new K1000 upgrade! I'm convinced you would become enthusiastic too! Give them a chance!

Furthermore:
I'm personally very happy to announce at this place first time, that we as LB-acoustics working for MYSPHERE, agreed to partnership with WOO-Audio from now onward for the US market.
This means for you guys living in the USA, you get full exceptional service directly. Just check here:
https://wooaudio.com/headphones/mysphere

BR yours heinz

10149263.jpg

I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that one of our biggest pet peeves is companies releasing different versions of the same headphone in rapid succession. It really makes the buyer feel like they are a beta tester. I see you are finally selling these now and there are 3 different versions? All at $4k a piece? Yeah that sucks. For $4k there needs to be one ultimate version and no successor for many years if not a decade.

I'm sorry if this burst's your bubble but I do not see that sitting well with any of us.

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #1,520 of 1,660
I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that one of our biggest pet peeves is companies releasing different versions of the same headphone in rapid succession. It really makes the buyer feel like they are a beta tester. I see you are finally selling these now and there are 3 different versions? All at $4k a piece? Yeah that sucks. For $4k there needs to be one ultimate version and no successor for many years if not a decade.

I'm sorry if this burst's your bubble but I do not see that sitting well with any of us.

Very sorry! But this is a real misunderstanding!
MYSPHERE does come in two versions - one for amplifiers with low output impedance and one for those with higher output impedance.
The reason and details for that was many times posted and you can read at www.mysphere.at/shop
Totally agree with your statement that continuously coming updates of a product is more than boring! We hate that as well.
But MYSPHERE 3 is a kind of update of the K1000 which came on the market in year 1989 !! And now we have MYSPHERE 3 for hopefully the next 20 years!!!
So please understand that your comment is a bit irritating.

BR heinz

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #1,523 of 1,660
Hi folks, sorry to post this here but I'm trying to join this club ....about to deal on a pair with serial 05691. black box. are these the bass heavy or bass light iteration? seller wants ~ £600 so seems like a good deal but thinking maybe need to be wary. anything to look out for ? pads are intact and in good nick.

thanks

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #1,527 of 1,660
Hi folks, sorry to post this here but I'm trying to join this club ....about to deal on a pair with serial 05691. black box. are these the bass heavy or bass light iteration? seller wants ~ £600 so seems like a good deal but thinking maybe need to be wary. anything to look out for ? pads are intact and in good nick.

thanks

Hello, first sorry for the late replay caused by traveling!

The mentioned serial number is one of the late "bass heavy versions" - at least to my understanding.
Things what you should check before buying:
1) When looking through from the rear of to the drivers, there shall not be a visible slit between the dark center foam and the inner iron ring. If there is a slit in between, the foam was exposed long time to sun light and is shrinkend and damaged. It would happen that particles came/come into the magnet air gap. Also the foam itself become loose and tough the membrane. Both effect the sound creating rub%&buzz.
2) No audible R&B shall be there when bass heavy signal is applied.
3) The black leather pads shall be ok.
4) The cable should be not cracked.

If these points are fine, this K1000 is more than worth the price asked.

If you need more help and/or information, do not hesitate to contact me by PM or mail: heinz.renner@lb-acoustics.at

Best regards and good luck,
heinz

Jan 6, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #1,530 of 1,660

Users who are viewing this thread

Back