k1000 owners club
Jan 6, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #1,531 of 1,660
20151108_154142.jpg
Thessaloniki - Greece

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #1,534 of 1,660
01376 and signing in. I didn't realise the thread existed. I have had mine repaired by Heinz Renner himself, the K1000 co creator. New driver, new cable, reglued around the driver membranes and freshly refoamed
I loved your review. It had a very nice personal feel to it. Very different from other reviews and gives us a better understanding of the nice people behind this masterpiece.

I finally got an opportunity to listen to the K1000 last week. Although it was only for about an hour in total, I knew I had to have one almost the moment I first put it on. So I purchased from an amazing seller on here Peytot. My problem is that I have to wait until my in law's come and visit me, maybe in March that I will finally get to hear them again.

I'm so excited to be a part of this club!

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #1,535 of 1,660
Jan 7, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #1,536 of 1,660
Congratulations! I have never read such a precise an perfect fitting report about the K1000!
:)
BR heinz

I'm willing to review MySphere when and if ever you would like me to.

Feb 28, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #1,538 of 1,660
Bought and paid for one of these over two months ago. I'm living in Hong Kong now but the one I bought was from a member here in Canada. I had it shipped to family in Toronto and waited until now for someone to bring it back to me here.

I've got a lot of work to do so I'll just say for now that I think I want to get another one as a back up. Out of all of my headphone purchases, I would say that none of them have come close to the "Wow!" that these have given me and continue to give me since I got them into my hands five days ago. Just WOW!

More on my brief experiences later.

Feb 28, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #1,540 of 1,660
This WOW can be topped by a try with MYSPHERE 3 !
BR heinz
In my next post, I was going to say, "Having experienced this, now I HAVE to try MySphere (insert any number here)". So Heinz, you took the words right out of my keyboard. :)

I am excited just thinking about it. Think about what 30 years of technology or thinking could potentially have to this style of headphone. I don't know if it can be more comfortable than these K1000. They seem to be made custom for my head. It's funny how if I have an itch in my ear, I can actually scratch it without needing to take off the headphone.

So Heinz, we'll have to figure out a way for me to try MySphere in Hong Kong. :wink:

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #1,541 of 1,660
I've got a lot of work to do so I'll just say for now that I think I want to get another one as a back up. Out of all of my headphone purchases, I would say that none of them have come close to the "Wow!" that these have given me and continue to give me since I got them into my hands five days ago. Just WOW!
I get WOWs out of my system constantly, and I've had my K1000s for a decade :)

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #1,542 of 1,660
^Same - still haven't found any headphone that can give me the same effect.

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #1,543 of 1,660
Seconding Heinz's comments - the Mysphere is quite the revelational upgrade over the K1000's. Similar signature, but a substantive improvement in just about every way. Really enjoying my pair

UQLURRbh.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #1,544 of 1,660
Seconding Heinz's comments - the Mysphere is quite the revelational upgrade over the K1000's. Similar signature, but a substantive improvement in just about every way. Really enjoying my pair

UQLURRbh.jpg
Nice!
Just want to thank you for the time you take to give your thoughts and opinions. I tend to agree with many things that you say, although I have no where near the experience that you have. So I appreciate your comments. I really do want to try the MySphere some time.

In the meanwhile, I am just so shocked by the things that this K1000 can do. I'm having some fun with them now and changing things up a little just for the fun of it and to experience them in different ways that most never thought they could. It won't be as good as on the desktop but this is pretty fun so far and I'm just about to take them out onto the balcony.
IMG_20190302_162726.jpg

Mar 2, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #1,545 of 1,660
Nice!
Just want to thank you for the time you take to give your thoughts and opinions. I tend to agree with many things that you say, although I have no where near the experience that you have. So I appreciate your comments. I really do want to try the MySphere some time.

In the meanwhile, I am just so shocked by the things that this K1000 can do. I'm having some fun with them now and changing things up a little just for the fun of it and to experience them in different ways that most never thought they could. It won't be as good as on the desktop but this is pretty fun so far and I'm just about to take them out onto the balcony.

For 100 euros, you can try the Mysphere, and as far as I know, the waitlist is only 3 or so weeks at this point :) And if you live in HK, I know a guy who either already bought the 3.2 or might be planning to buy the 3.2. I'll check with him about the possibility of a meetup.

I've experienced the K1000 on two portable amps, the Mass Kobo 404 and the Xi Audio Broadway. Not great on either one, but very listenable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back