JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Jan 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #1,472 of 1,936
Quote:
Damn it why only the Jpnese get all the kool looking stuff. :  (  I wish my FX40s looks boss like that.

actually you can. but not worth THAT price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-Victor-Earbud-Headphone-HA-FX40-R-/150697322066?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item231642a652
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-JVC-HA-FX40-R-Red-Inner-Ear-Headphones-with-Carbon-Nanotube-/360555504018?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item53f2c86192
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-JVC-HA-FX40-A-Blue-Inner-Ear-Headphones-with-Carbon-Nanotube-/130830532134?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item1e761b7e26

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #1,473 of 1,936
Ya but if the cable added something to the sound it would be something to consider but I doubt that. There is better options now for a bit more so that is not all that practical.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #1,475 of 1,936
Quote:
^ yeah but damnnn that blue one looks so sexy. LoL i need to befriend someone from jpn so they can help me buy bling bling like these for cheap. ha

The thing is tho, Japan prices aren't going to be much cheaper.  Not like China where they change the $ value.
I was in Tokyo in 2004 and prices were basically what we would pay here in the States,

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #1,476 of 1,936
Quote:
The thing is tho, Japan prices aren't going to be much cheaper.  Not like China where they change the $ value.
I was in Tokyo in 2004 and prices were basically what we would pay here in the States,

But not so when compared to new/ "unique" stuff they sell on ebay. Just look at those new FXZ line or even the S500s. They sell for a lot cheaper in Jpn via amazon.jpn, etc. Just peps on ebay wants to make a killing.

For Jpn brand stuff released in Am. is about the same, but for things that didn't make it into the US retailers, price differences can be huge!

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #1,477 of 1,936
Quote:
But not so when compared to new/ "unique" stuff they sell on ebay. Just look at those new FXZ line or even the S500s. They sell for a lot cheaper in Jpn via amazon.jpn, etc. Just peps on ebay wants to make a killing.

For Jpn brand stuff released in Am. is about the same, but for things that didn't make it into the US retailers, price differences can be huge!

I'm going back in April, so maybe I'll stock up :)

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #1,478 of 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

maybe just a new version. but higher price
mad.gif

btw, i checked. that FXT it´s just the limited edition FXT90L2

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #1,479 of 1,936
Quote:

prices are cheaper, yes. but the fwding service, like tenso, add $15-20 and maybe more. so the difference from ebay is not that big. and also is easier/safer to get them directly from the seller

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #1,481 of 1,936
Quote:
Hey magicman my Jpn white friend care to "stock up" some for me as well???
biggrin.gif
WoW magicman's wifey must be a smoking hot looking Jpn woman, magic's GOT GAME!!!

I have an Asian Fetish...J/K    I'm not going for a few more months, so I'll keep an eye out for the new Flavors and might pick them up.  Low budget of course, I'm not going to buy 15 sets of $200 cans...   HAHAAA,

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #1,484 of 1,936
I know there are lot of other IEMs miles ahead of the FXD80, however, I feel compelled to write this. I just got Lucy Rose's only album of date, Like I used To. I'm listening through it on Winamp, with a (quite probably terrible) stock sound card on my computer. Album is of 320Kbps bitrate. Listening to Shiver and I had to stop everything I'm doing, rest my head on my hands and close my eyes. All of my focus and attention was stolen by her seductive voice. Just to give a bit of context, I've only heard the song on Youtube's lossy 480p. Right now, I'm shaking in excitement. Her voice is so incredibly soothing. The details of the song I've never heard before. The thump of the bass, the details at every pluck of the strings, the piano, the violin, the chorus right behind her, even the sound of her mouth opening and her lips separating. This is what will sink me much deeper into this hobby than I originally intended. 

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #1,485 of 1,936
ericp I am finally able to hear the beauty that you are hearing from your FXD70s!!! And it's so gloriously beautiful!!! 

Man all this time i have been listening to them with the wrong tips which made their sonic spectrum too thin and almost metallic sounding. Was using the orange and red auvio tips from radio shack and thought they sounded the best on these FXD70 cuz it "opened up" it's sound the most. But sadly i was wrong, it turned out these tips made them sound very thin and bright. 

I was tip rolling cuz i was not too happy with how they were sounding and went back to the medium stock rubber tips, boi oh boi!!! Was i missing out on the glory by not using those stock tips. The bass end has increased and the music has a lot more weight to it now. It's no longer thin or metallic sounding. Still kinda bright but burning them in for all these months has tamed them a lot and it's sound has opened up immensely as well. The metallic nature of the sound that i was getting from the auvio tips has turned into tons of SPARKLE in the music. The sparkling of the mids are nuts in these FXD70s with the stock rubber tips. I LUV YOU MR. SPARKLES!!!

So thanks ericp and Danny, cuz i remember you'll said you just use the stock tips on them and they sounded great, if it wasn't for that i would have never went back to the stock tips. Was really thinking of selling these things off since i prefer the MH1Cs over them but now it's a completely new/ different ball game baby!!! Oh thanks Danny for your original rec on these, if not i would have never gotten them. ha For a longgggg while i was regretting buying it but not no mo'. These lil' 70s are pretty amazing!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back