JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Feb 1, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #1,501 of 1,936
anyone knows where i can see some graphs and measurements of the fxd70?

i've seen the graphs from sonove for fxd80, now i am finding measurements for fxd70.

i am also looking for info on output impedance of upcoming smartphones, more specifically 2013 android smartphones.

*cant wait for my fxd70 to arrive :)

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #1,504 of 1,936
Quote:
Search this thread, there's literally tons of comparison impressions done already.

What's a comparable full-size headphone that has a similar sound signature to the FXD80, something that rivals its instrumental separation, high black levels and great sound stage? For a similar price as well?

The JVC HA-S500s have a similar sound, but I think they're WAY better. They are portables, but the HM5 pads (which are over-ear) fit on them fine. These headphones are also a little cheaper than the FXD80s. The sound stage isn't as wide. It has more depth and 3Dness, and is much more intimate. The mids are also a little more forward and there is more bass.

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #1,505 of 1,936
I have the S500 and the FXD70 /  80 and I feel the opposite as the FXD70 is superior in sound quality to the S500 according to my ears. FXD70 is also better than the 80 with a more focused sound and less defused sound. I do however use software to make the in-ear have a better sense of space and out of head experience.

The difference is pretty minor though and I would be very surprised if these two didn't share the same drivers and the only different being that the FXD80 is vented creating just the type of difference I would imagine with just a tad more bass impact on the FXD70 for example. 

The S500 have a grainy and slightly harsher sound compared to the in-ears. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #1,506 of 1,936
I probably have about 200 or more hours on my FXD80s now. They sound insanely good and are extremely versatile. The mids have really warmed up compared to before, bass is very well pronounced but very controlled and tight. Highs are perfect and sparkly clean without being harsh at all. It's really difficult for me to describe the sound of my FXD80s as they are, one really has to listen to these to realize how great they sound.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #1,507 of 1,936
Quote:
I have the S500 and the FXD70 /  80 and I feel the opposite as the FXD70 is superior in sound quality to the S500 according to my ears. FXD70 is also better than the 80 with a more focused sound and less defused sound. I do however use software to make the in-ear have a better sense of space and out of head experience.

The difference is pretty minor though and I would be very surprised if these two didn't share the same drivers and the only different being that the FXD80 is vented creating just the type of difference I would imagine with just a tad more bass impact on the FXD70 for example. 

The S500 have a grainy and slightly harsher sound compared to the in-ears. 

Same thing with me, i like the 70's over the 80's and S500.

Feb 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #1,508 of 1,936
just received the fxd70 and burning them in now.

initial impression:

pros:
good clarity, generally not sibilant, not piercing.
very good microphonics, no wind sound, very little cable sound even though worn straight down. (should be good for train rides and noisy places)
almost no background hiss when no music is playing.
male vocals good.

cons:
very little, almost no midbass, subbass. (already stuffed them in as much as they can go, so there is no fit issue)
small, in your head kind of soundstage
high pitch female vocals wee bit sibilant at higher volumes.

would be perfect with a larger quantity bass. soundstage wise, i dont really care as much but sound quality matters.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #1,509 of 1,936
Sounds like the FXD80 would suit you better.

Quote:
just received the fxd70 and burning them in now.

initial impression:

pros:
good clarity, generally not sibilant, not piercing.
very good microphonics, no wind sound, very little cable sound even though worn straight down. (should be good for train rides and noisy places)
almost no background hiss when no music is playing.
male vocals good.

cons:
very little, almost no midbass, subbass. (already stuffed them in as much as they can go, so there is no fit issue)
small, in your head kind of soundstage
high pitch female vocals wee bit sibilant at higher volumes.

would be perfect with a larger quantity bass. soundstage wise, i dont really care as much but sound quality matters.

Feb 15, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #1,514 of 1,936
since so many people claim that these carbon nanotubes require extra long burn in time, i shall burn them in for 200 hours without listening.

then i'll come back and judge the sound quality of my fxd70. especially the bass which seems non existent right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back