JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Feb 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #1,517 of 1,936
Quote:
The fxd70 is the mostly neutral of the group. The fxd80 are the one you should get if your looking for better sub bass
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't noticed that.
I'm hearing the type of change in sound from these two model one would imagine if they shared the same drivers and one being closed and one being vented, with the FXD70 having more bass impact. To my ears the FXD70 is better sounding as well. If they where priced the opposite I have my doubt if some here would pick the FXD80 over the FXD70...
wink.gif

Cheaper and better sounding and just so slightly more comfortable having a tiny bit smaller and smoother body. No brainer to me which one of these you should buy.
Even more important than choosing any of these models over each other is having the right tips.

These foam tips really make it possible to wear them for hours without any discomfort whilst possibly changing the sound for the better if you had problem getting perfect fit with the stock tips.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/earbud-replacement-tips-tip-In-ear-earphone-memory-foam-SMALL-MEDIUM-LARGE-/160837891193?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2572af7479

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #1,521 of 1,936
What tips are you all using with your fxd60/70/80? The stock ones don't work for me, can't get a decent seal. 

I jammed my sony hybrids on and they certainly sound better but they aren't the right size for the 80's and they're stretching a fair bit over the nozzle so I don't think they're a long term option.

I might buy some complies but they're a bit pricey so wondering what other options are a good bet...

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #1,524 of 1,936
I like my FXZ100. Got to find the right tips for them and they will sing for you!!

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #1,525 of 1,936
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like my FXD80's sound is becoming progressively boring. The bass has really tightened up and the high-end is very tame but pleasantly sparkly after 200 or so hours, however perhaps it's just that I'm getting too used to the sound and all music seems so predictable with these IEMs. I'm yearning for a warmer bass signature instead of the cold linearity these IEMs show, perhaps like an ATH M50 sound without the piercing treble. I do love the instrumental separation and the larger soundstage which to my ears is great. I wonder if the S500 would be suitable for me if I'm looking for a larger mid-range similar to something 40mm drivers would possess. 

Mar 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #1,529 of 1,936
Imo, they are both great, but completely different beasts. It really depends on what you are looking for. For music like trance where the bass response is often very important, the s500 satisfies.

Mar 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #1,530 of 1,936
Quote:
Imo, they are both great, but completely different beasts. It really depends on what you are looking for. For music like trance where the bass response is often very important, the s500 satisfies.

Yeppp, what WAYNE said. The FXD70s is great if you like a more balanced flatter sound, but without it being too analytical. It's still fun but without that warm bassy kinda fun, JVCs sound to me is very "linear" like another poster said, so there is just not enough atmosphere in it it seems.  This was the impression i got when i heard the ATH ES7s and my JVC S500s, the ES7s just have a kinda refined warmth sound to them that makes these JVC seems kinda cold in it's presentation. It's not like the typical bassy kinda warmth sound but i dunno, can't really put my fingers on it. This is similar to what i heard from my fxd70s and the sony MH1Cs as well, though with the MH1C IT IS THAT traditional kinda bassy warmth. hmmmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back