JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Jan 6, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #1,456 of 1,936
Quote:
They fall out when i am moving. I actually tried it with fiio e6 on eq through rockboxed ipod classic. Suddenly they sound much fuller with decent bass. About she3590 level only grainier. So probably i have right fit?

Probably not. The fit/seal should be secure enough to withstand you vigorously shaking your head from side to side (I make no guarantees about brain damage though 
smily_headphones1.gif
 ).

Look into getting larger tips. There should be plenty of references in this thread.

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #1,458 of 1,936
Quote:
I think that i need smaller tips- i cant get them enough deep into my ear.
And i cant find any tip that fits fxd80- even complys from mmdt doesnt fit properly.

Oh, ok. Still search the thread for tips that may fit the nozzle.

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #1,459 of 1,936
Finally got around to putting on my Comply T-500 tips. Difference is night and day compared to the UE silicon tips, though whether or not it's a positive one I'm still trying to decide. The high end is definitely more "tame" as with any foam tips, and the upper mids are more forward, with the biggest difference being in the sub-bass, increased tenfold, a lot more punch and extension.

Which leads me to the point that it almost gives these FXD80's a Sony sound signature, with a borderline harsh upper mid-range, especially with female vocals, not sure if it's my cup of tea. It's not bad, but it's definitely different from what I was used to. I don't know if it's just me or not, but it almost seems as if the FXD80's superb black levels are dramatically reduced with these foam tips, which could be an illusion since the highs are rolled off which decreases the perceived clarity. Although the FXD80's highs are rather pronounced, they weren't ever harsh or fatiguing to listen to, so having them rolled off in my opinion attributes to a general loss of definition. Do keep in mind I prefer bright sound signatures and that's what made me fall in love with the FXD80's so much, so I'm not 100% sold on the Complys yet.

The only real positive thing I can say at this point is, compared to my UE silicon tips which didn't fit as well as I wanted them to, these fit perfectly and provide amazing isolation.

EDIT: fixed the sound signature, moved the tips farther in so the opening is much closer to the speaker opening. Sounds great now! 

To be completely honest, I'm still trying to pursue audio perfection, benjamin by benjamin. I'm afraid I'll have to jump at least 2 or 3 benjamins to be blown away by the next pair of IEMs I upgrade to, especially since these FXD80s are so great! 

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #1,460 of 1,936
Quote:
Finally got around to putting on my Comply T-500 tips. Difference is night and day compared to the UE silicon tips, though whether or not it's a positive one I'm still trying to decide. The high end is definitely more "tame" as with any foam tips, and the upper mids are more forward, with the biggest difference being in the sub-bass, increased tenfold, a lot more punch and extension.

Which leads me to the point that it almost gives these FXD80's a Sony sound signature, with a borderline harsh upper mid-range, especially with female vocals, not sure if it's my cup of tea. It's not bad, but it's definitely different from what I was used to. I don't know if it's just me or not, but it almost seems as if the FXD80's superb black levels are dramatically reduced with these foam tips, which could be an illusion since the highs are rolled off which decreases the perceived clarity. Although the FXD80's highs are rather pronounced, they weren't ever harsh or fatiguing to listen to, so having them rolled off in my opinion attributes to a general loss of definition. Do keep in mind I prefer bright sound signatures and that's what made me fall in love with the FXD80's so much, so I'm not 100% sold on the Complys yet.

The only real positive thing I can say at this point is, compared to my UE silicon tips which didn't fit as well as I wanted them to, these fit perfectly and provide amazing isolation.

EDIT: fixed the sound signature, moved the tips farther in so the opening is much closer to the speaker opening. Sounds great now! 

To be completely honest, I'm still trying to pursue audio perfection, benjamin by benjamin. I'm afraid I'll have to jump at least 2 or 3 benjamins to be blown away by the next pair of IEMs I upgrade to, especially since these FXD80s are so great! 

Try putting them on backwards so the end of the tip sits flush with the end of the nozzle. I have pics in this thread. Basically the tip won't extend past the end of the nozzle, and consequently won't affect the sound as much.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #1,461 of 1,936
Quote:

Try putting them on backwards so the end of the tip sits flush with the end of the nozzle. I have pics in this thread. Basically the tip won't extend past the end of the nozzle, and consequently won't affect the sound as much.

I managed to push the tips far in enough without putting them on backwards to preserve the original sound signature. Sounds just like it did before but with more isolation.

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #1,464 of 1,936
^ I dunno if different cabled versions are sold in Jpn only as compared to other countries but the FX40s has pics with different cables as well.....
but i have never seen a version sold like this. Man do this blue FX40 version look sexy or what, oh yeah those FXD 80s looks crazy nice with that new cable as well.

edit: hey zelda where did you get those pics from??? Just curious that's all.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #1,465 of 1,936
It's some kind of limited edition model? Seems Japan only. Click the amazon link and change the style. http://www.amazon.co.jp/Victor-%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AA-%E3%83%9F%E3%83%8B%E3%83%98%E3%83%83%E3%83%89%E3%83%9B%E3%83%B3-%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF-HA-FXT90/dp/B004VHAJJU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358261927&sr=8-1

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #1,466 of 1,936
Quote:
^ I dunno if different cabled versions are sold in Jpn only as compared to other countries but the FX40s has pics with different cables as well.....
but i have never seen a version sold like this. Man do this blue FX40 version look sexy or what, oh yeah those FXD 80s looks crazy nice with that new cable as well.

edit: hey zelda where did you get those pics from??? Just curious that's all.

here:
http://www.taobao-buying-agent.com/china-wholesale-21021352093.html

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #1,467 of 1,936
Quote:
It's some kind of limited edition model? Seems Japan only. Click the amazon link and change the style. http://www.amazon.co.jp/Victor-%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AA-%E3%83%9F%E3%83%8B%E3%83%98%E3%83%83%E3%83%89%E3%83%9B%E3%83%B3-%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF-HA-FXT90/dp/B004VHAJJU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358261927&sr=8-1

maybe just a new version. but higher price
mad.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #1,468 of 1,936
Quote:
here:
http://www.taobao-buying-agent.com/china-wholesale-21021352093.html

WoW for only $40 USD, might have to tell my cousins to get me one when they visit china in the upcoming months. Never seen the FXD80s in that color/ cable before. Could these be fakes??? It's china after all and the price seems wayyy too good for a brand name sold there. hmmmmmm

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #1,469 of 1,936
Jan 15, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #1,470 of 1,936
Quote:
WoW for only $40 USD, might have to tell my cousins to get me one when they visit china in the upcoming months. Never seen the FXD80s in that color/ cable before. Could these be fakes??? It's china after all and the price seems wayyy too good for a brand name sold there. hmmmmmm

i dont think they´r fakes. just another release. but who knows. they may be open box or used

Quote:
Wow looks like they went with the MEE cables...

actually JVC already used that cable with the FX40. and with L-plug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back