JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Jun 2, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #46 of 1,936
Quote:

If the cheapo FX40 is any indicator of the new Carbon Nanotubes and what JVC is doing with them. I am all about these. Can't wait. As much as I was impressed with the FX40 I hope these FXD80s will scale up nicely SQ per dollar. Fingers crossed. All signs point to catastrophic like proportions of awesomeness.!!  

Your enthusiasm is very infectious LOL.

Just so you know, Dsnuts, Master IEM reviewer |joker| has the FX40 in his "in progress" list and the Tt Isurus in his "planned" list. I just almost have a fit laughing at that.

Jun 2, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #48 of 1,936
Quote:

If the cheapo FX40 is any indicator of the new Carbon Nanotubes and what JVC is doing with them. I am all about these. Can't wait. As much as I was impressed with the FX40 I hope these FXD80s will scale up nicely SQ per dollar. Fingers crossed. All signs point to catastrophic like proportions of awesomeness.!!  

The FXT90 was the first to use the Carbon Nanotube technology as far as I know and that would be a better indicator of what the FXD80 would sound like imo.  The FXT90 hasn't been one of my IEM's that I really could get into but they're starting to grow on me more and more as of late.  They sound the best amp'ed with my E6 so I wonder if the FXD80 is going to be the same way because the FXT90 unamp'ed doesn't right to me.

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #49 of 1,936
Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Well maybe that is a good thing considering all of us have to import these FXD80s when they come out. You might as well skip the cheaper JVCs and go for these instead.. 

Perhaps.  Until that time I'm rocking a pair of headphones that look like someone took the microdriver from an FXC80 Black Series and stuck it in an Atrio MG7 body.

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #50 of 1,936
Quote:
Your enthusiasm is very infectious LOL.

Just so you know, Dsnuts, Master IEM reviewer |joker| has the FX40 in his "in progress" list and the Tt Isurus in his "planned" list. I just almost have a fit laughing at that.

We will see how Joker sees them earphones. I just hope he burns them FX40s in for 100 hours before he reviews them. I might have to send him a message about the burn in time required for them to sound right.

In fact I am certain these FXD80s will require a big burn in also. Carbon Nanotubes need a good beat down to make them sound correct..

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #51 of 1,936
Quote:

The FXT90 was the first to use the Carbon Nanotube technology as far as I know and that would be a better indicator of what the FXD80 would sound like imo.  The FXT90 hasn't been one of my IEM's that I really could get into but they're starting to grow on me more and more as of late.  They sound the best amp'ed with my E6 so I wonder if the FXD80 is going to be the same way because the FXT90 unamp'ed doesn't right to me.

To your ears, how does the E6 affect the sound? Just curious.

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #52 of 1,936
Quote:
To your ears, how does the E6 affect the sound? Just curious.

With the FXT90 it makes them sound much more cohesive and helps the imaging also.  When I listen to the unamp'ed they sounded cluttered and didn't seem like they had the same amount of detail.  It also helps them not sound so airy, now I like an airy presentation but the FXT90 sounded just to air but amp'ed it seems to even them out much more, they actually sound quaite good to me know.  

When I amp any of my IEM's the biggest thing to change is the soundstage and its always positive making them sound fuller with more width and depth.

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #54 of 1,936
The FX40s needed at least a 100 hours of aggressive burn before they balanced out.  All jvcs I have ever heard all needed good burns before they sounded right. The FXC51, FX1X, FX40, FX101. I am sure these new FXD60-80s will also need an aggressive burn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back