JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Jun 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #31 of 1,936
Jun 2, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #33 of 1,936
There a desire for the CKM500 thanks in part to Dsnuts and CDjapan is selling them for $59.42($74.58 total shipped EMS) no hoops(add to cart, Paypal, done). Yes, supply and demand, but some try to take advantage and some are fair. You just have to shop smart and not act on impulse.

Jun 2, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #34 of 1,936
Quote:
There a desire for the CKM500 thanks in part to Dsnuts and CDjapan is selling them for $59.42($74.58 total shipped EMS) no hoops(add to cart, Paypal, done). Yes, supply and demand, but some try to take advantage and some are fair. You just have to shop smart and not act on impulse.

Of course. Shopping smart is a requirement even here in the FS subforum, IMO. Shop smart = smarter purchase. And just like that I didn't impulse-buy the FXD80. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 2, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #36 of 1,936
I just hope no ones orders them at that price. You can get better earphones for $128, LOL. Fair, to me is $40 or even up to $50 with EMS. If a consumer can skip Tenso or any hassles and pay a bit extra that is cool. That is a nice profit and a total cost of $90 - $100. $128 is excessive. Tenso is $35 - $40 but they'll do it for $78 on a $50 item and no mention of warranty except for another $20.99.

But, as I said, at that price. The first pre-order usually is like this and as soon as others pop up for sale the price drops pretty fast
smile.gif
to more reasonable levels.

Jun 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #39 of 1,936
I suggested starting another family thread for one of the other Japanese makers. I guess he is just going to take this one over
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #40 of 1,936
I am wondering just how different the sounds and refinements will be from the FXD60-FXD80?..I am gonna take a guess but I suspect the FXD60 will have the most bass, fun signature, The FXD70 more balanced, FXD80 the more refined biggest stage best detail and sound? I hope these turn out to be good. If not I will blame it on Jant71 for getting me to get the FX40 which in turn got me to get interested in these. Lol! 

Jun 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #42 of 1,936
Dsnuts is going to have some kind of supernova review on these.

"I thought Audio Technica was good, I thought Sony was good, but ladies and gentlemen, hold on to your hats, I present you with something from the year 2525, this is stronger than spider silk, deeper in your ear than a JH16, and faster than............"

Jun 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #43 of 1,936
Quote:
Dsnuts is going to have some kind of supernova review on these.

"I thought Audio Technica was good, I thought Sony was good, but ladies and gentlemen, hold on to your hats, I present you with something from the year 2525, this is stronger than spider silk, deeper in your ear than a JH16, and faster than............"

If the cheapo FX40 is any indicator of the new Carbon Nanotubes and what JVC is doing with them. I am all about these. Can't wait. As much as I was impressed with the FX40 I hope these FXD80s will scale up nicely SQ per dollar. Fingers crossed. All signs point to catastrophic like proportions of awesomeness.!!  

Jun 2, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #45 of 1,936
Quote:

If the cheapo FX40 is any indicator of the new Carbon Nanotubes and what JVC is doing with them. I am all about these. Can't wait. As much as I was impressed with the FX40 I hope these FXD80s will scale up nicely SQ per dollar. Fingers crossed. All signs point to catastrophic like proportions of awesomeness.!!  

Yeah, cheap for you.  They're still $50 for us poor bastards to the north.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back