JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Nov 16, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #1,726 of 1,764
^ Is that something you'd want? If anything, I'd try to tame the bass. The treble is forward but not too aggressive. Why circumsize it?
To pronounce a bass that's already elevated by +10dB even further is beyond my comprehension.

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #1,727 of 1,764
[size=10pt]Thanks for the reply James and Ultrazino.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]I'm using Monster silicon tips and even though I’ve tried many tips, I can't seem to get one steady sound signature from these unlike my re-262. Every day the sound signature changes literally. Some days, it sounds amazing with almost forward liquid yet detailed vocals/ smooth highs and other days it sounds very highly recessed and nothing is smooth. Also with that bad signature I get a very unpleasant bass hump. Sometimes the bass will sound more like a humming and get cut of very easily by other frequency. Is the bass on these supposed to be as detailed and deep as the re-262/ mtpc's? [/size]

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Also how transparent are these supposed to be?[/size][/size]
[size=10pt]If anyone knows, Please respond. [/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Thanks[/size]

Nov 17, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #1,728 of 1,764
I just got these in a trade... I have to say I'm both not impressed and very impressed at the same time. The timbre of the instruments is great like people have already mentioned -- acoustic guitars and strings sound better on this than anything else I've ever heard. But, there are just two huge problems: first is seal/fit -- I know they're open vented, but are you supposed to be able to get a seal? I can't and the housings seem to be a bit too big to get a good fit. Second is the midrange, the vocals are just a bit too recessed and grainy. It's definitely not as clear has my Heir 4.Ai.

I probably won't be keeping these since the fit just doesn't work for me. It's really too bad, because the timbre is amazing, but everything else just doesn't work for me.

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #1,729 of 1,764
Had my first build issues with these. Went to pull the jack out of the extension and the strain relief/rubber over the jack slid right up the cable. The whole thing.

I could tell it had just been fastened there with some sort of glue/adhesive anyway so no big deal.

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #1,730 of 1,764
hmmm. I found it weird that the build quality would look so terrible on these out of the other earphones I have seen. Looks like a 10$ earphone jack, heh. Sending mines in and hoping for the best now.

Might have to get back to my Re-262's.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #1,731 of 1,764
Quote:
I found it weird that the build quality would look so terrible on these out of the other earphones I have seen. Looks like a 10$ earphone jack

These are not earphones that you would want to put into your pocket, but this surely shouldn't be a surprise to you!
Build quality is amazing. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #1,732 of 1,764
Yeah the build is great, my jack issue was just a fluke I think and it hasn't happened since. If it does I'll just apply some super glue before putting it back in place and it will be as good as new.

Feb 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #1,733 of 1,764
I asked this on another thread, but I'd like to ask the same here if you guys don't mind.

Can you guys recommend where to buy the fx700 online? I'm thinking of Amazon, but wondering if anybody has an alternative? Thank you so much.

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #1,738 of 1,764
I received them a few days ago. I'm happy with the sound. It was still a bit sibilant and sharp to my ears. I've just been burning them in since. Going to try them out every 25 hours or so. I'm guessing that even though these were used, they didn't have many hours on them. They arrived in excellent condition with everything included. Once the sharpness goes away, smooths out a bit, I can see myself really liking/loving these. From out of the box, they sounded good at medium level volume. There was some distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back