JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Jun 2, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #1,743 of 1,764
The Fx700 has the worst bass/midbass distortion out of nearly everything I have listened to. utterly terrible for clean sub sine tone types of bass from deep house EDM. I believe someone measured the harmonic distortion and it was pretty terrible. From the moment I first heard them I honestly thought they were faulty but the replacements were exactly the same.

Because I listen to mainly synthesised deep subbass orientated EDM the purchase of these has been one of my worst. If I mainly listened to rock music then it would be a different story as the distortion is hidden somewhat for those genres.

Jun 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #1,744 of 1,764
Yep, bass quality is not FX700's strength, although I found it pretty decent after my ears adjusted to the sound a bit. This IEM has other strengths, such as very high resolution, sweet mids and highs with a realistic timbre, great dynamics, and a nice, wide, airy soundstage.

Jun 2, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #1,745 of 1,764
In addition to all that, what I think impressed me very subtly is that they sounded very effortless.

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #1,746 of 1,764
It definitely does have a lot of strengths in the higher frequencies but to me the highs feel so distant and different to the bass, its as if the device was a shoddy a two way design. I would just never recommend them to anyone who listens to pure tone types of kick and bass (mostly just the fundamental frequencies and not many harmonics). The distortion will create the harmonics that simply wern't there, hence very obvious. If anyone is interested in finding out just how bad it is, run some sine tones below 80hz and prepare to cringe.

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #1,748 of 1,764
Hello everybody

Are Monster tips suitable for fx700?

Also from where can I buy sony LL tips?

My ear is small but my canal is big  
confused_face(1).gif

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #1,749 of 1,764
Quote:

I've tried this but failed to hear anything unusual on my FX700 at normal listening volume.

Well you shouldnt hear much at all since its fairly low frequency. If you can really hear it then you are probably hearing the distortion. Again though this is my experience and as others have said humidity may makr things different.  It may also depend on which specific frequency.

My FX700 seam to be better today for some reason.

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #1,750 of 1,764
Quote:
Well you shouldnt hear much at all since its fairly low frequency. If you can really hear it then you are probably hearing the distortion. Again though this is my experience and as others have said humidity may makr things different.  It may also depend on which specific frequency.

My FX700 seam to be better today for some reason.

What IEM would you say is better than the FX700 (no budget constraints)?

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #1,751 of 1,764
Just bought myself a pair of these after such a long time. Couldnt pass up the price. $228USD shipped to Aus, ive had the FX500 in the past. They were the only IEM that got my feet tapping and made me wanna shake it while walking down the road. I didnt think i would buy into many headphones or iem's again. But the JVC sound is one that has stuck in the back of my mind for a long long time.

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #1,752 of 1,764
Quote:
Just bought myself a pair of these after such a long time. Couldnt pass up the price. $228USD shipped to Aus, ive had the FX500 in the past. They were the only IEM that got my feet tapping and made me wanna shake it while walking down the road. I didnt think i would buy into many headphones or iem's again. But the JVC sound is one that has stuck in the back of my mind for a long long time.

what do you think about them??

I still wish I had mine on a daily basis, after losing my pair... although I'm really satisfied with the fxz-200's for the time being

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #1,753 of 1,764
Oh im waiting on the to arrive still :) was originally looking at the fxz100's because of the price. But the fact they need an amp to sound amazing put me off a little. I might grab a pair down the track to see how they hold up against the 700s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back