JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
May 31, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #1,382 of 1,764

Quote:
Also my source is J3 or 3GS, any very good amp or DAC can be used that synergizes well with my new iems?

@kendric, I know you have Ibasso amps on your shop, have you tried one of them on your J3?

I am using the older model D4 Mamba as the DAC for my computer, has been very satisfied with it! ^_^ And yes though we only have medium sized tips, Or maybe buy the cheapest sony iem with the hybrid S M L sets then give the lousy iem to your nephew as a present ROFL, Jk but yes we do sell medium sized hybrids, best bet is to get a cheap sony iem for the standard range of hybrid tip sizes, personally i like the soundstage on the Large Hybrid tips. =)

Jun 2, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #1,383 of 1,764
lol @kendric...great idea!

Rather I'll resell it my friend and boost it with flowery words.
tongue.gif
 I might check your shop this weekend with your Ibasso amps.

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #1,384 of 1,764
Anyone has any experience ordering from amazon.jp? 

I placed the order last week and got them shipped to tenso.com warehouse. They shipped the iems out on monday....the tracking says they left japan for canada on tuesday...its still showing the same message...

any chance they are stuck in customs? is there a way I can check where the iems really are right now?

Jun 16, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #1,385 of 1,764

Quote:
Anyone has any experience ordering from amazon.jp? 

I placed the order last week and got them shipped to tenso.com warehouse. They shipped the iems out on monday....the tracking says they left japan for canada on tuesday...its still showing the same message...

any chance they are stuck in customs? is there a way I can check where the iems really are right now?

I read few people here ordered on Amazon before, cant find their thread now..

BUt If you are in Canada, you should have asked the seller to send it as GIFT, otherwise you will be hit by Import Canadian Duty Tax or something like that and it might take weeks prior you get it. 
Overall is not a good idea as in case of Warranty you will have hard times replacing those..

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #1,386 of 1,764

BUt If you are in Canada, you should have asked the seller to send it as GIFT, otherwise you will be hit by Import Canadian Duty Tax or something like that and it might take weeks prior you get it. 
Overall is not a good idea as in case of Warranty you will have hard times replacing those..

Where else could i buy then from witg warranty? And for how much?

Jun 18, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #1,387 of 1,764

Quote:
Quote:

Where else could i buy then from witg warranty? And for how much?

I recommend to deal with Dimitri from MA.
FX700 are now listed at Dimitri's site: musicaAcoustics.com
Price is not bad considering you get warranty and service support plus a superb IEMs

Jun 20, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #1,389 of 1,764
I would like to ask all the owners to post what tips they are using and why. I was using fake green Sony hybrids. They still sound the best to me but hurt my ears over longer listening periods. So now I'm using UE silicone tips that come with TF10's. They are extremely comfortable for long listening sessions but do give up just a tiny bit in sound to the fake hybrids. I think I may invest in real Sony hybrids as I hear they are much softer than the fakes.

What tips are you using?

Jun 20, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #1,390 of 1,764
Fake green sony hybrids here too. Why? They seem to provide the best combination of SQ, isolation (what little there is to be had with FX700s) and comfort.

I've tried the stock JVC silicons, various Monster tips and the Sennheiser IE8 stock silicons.

In fact pretty much all of my IEMs have fake green hybrids on except the the small nozzle ones. I do have one real set of green hybrids which I pinched from the ex-gf's cheapo sony iems. Can't seem to buy just the hybrid tips in the UK, even from Sony Centres!

Jun 20, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #1,392 of 1,764
I will try them later. The reason I haven't before is because the real pair I have are white (they came with pink sonys iems) and I didn't feel that fit in with the colour scheme of the JVCs.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Hmm, they might be a bit softer, but I can't say I noticed any difference in comfort or SQ. If you can get some cheap might be worth a try.

Jun 27, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #1,393 of 1,764
Ordered FX-700 From Amazon Japan. Got it cheap for around 260 USD :) My friend is on Japan tour , so I will get once he comes back.

Now its time to get good ear tips. I want to know which ear tips provide good tight seal for best bass impact ?

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #1,395 of 1,764

Quote:
So far I've found UE silicone tips or real Sony hybrids tips to work best. Both are soft and comfortable, and provide good seals. Believe me, you will get enough bass impact with even a poor seal.

Yeap. Large Sony Hybrids for unrivalled imaging + soundstage ; Medium Sony Hybrids for added Warmth + Fuller Mids. I am stuck with the Large Hybrids at the moment, the experience is just phenomenal
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back