JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Jul 2, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #1,396 of 1,764
Using the green (medium?) authentic Sony hybrids.  No complaints, comfort is a non-issue.

Jul 2, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #1,397 of 1,764

Quote:
Using the green (medium?) authentic Sony hybrids.  No complaints, comfort is a non-issue.

Yep Green are medium, Light-Blue are large ones, I would also recommend you to try out the Large Sony Hybrids too ^_^

Jul 2, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #1,398 of 1,764
There is a big difference in comfort of the real and fake hybrids.  In fact I will not buy anymore fakes after owning real ones.  Does anyone know how to buy the in between sizes like ML?  That one fits me perfectly but doesn't come in the pack Sony sells.  I've been meaning to call Sony, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Jul 2, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #1,399 of 1,764
Just go my FX700 yesterday and have been using Monster Supertips (foam) so far. I will try my Sony hybrids in a little bit to see if there is a difference in overall SQ.

On a side-note, these things are downright amazing! I am still going to A/B them with my MDT to see which one I like better, but so far I think these will win :wink:

Jul 2, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #1,400 of 1,764

Quote:
Just go my FX700 yesterday and have been using Monster Supertips (foam) so far. I will try my Sony hybrids in a little bit to see if there is a difference in overall SQ.

On a side-note, these things are downright amazing! I am still going to A/B them with my MDT to see which one I like better, but so far I think these will win
wink.gif

I too has been juggling between these and MDT (and my e-Q7), while MDT still remains more fun and smooth with their more colored bass and rumble within the lows, the Fx700 are still masters of enchantment and soundstage + imaging, period.
etysmile.gif

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #1,402 of 1,764

Quote:
Ordered FX-700 From Amazon Japan. Got it cheap for around 260 USD :) My friend is on Japan tour , so I will get once he comes back.

Now its time to get good ear tips. I want to know which ear tips provide good tight seal for best bass impact ?

how are you guys ordering from amazon japan.. i cant seem to do this..  oh i see it looks like you had someone in japan order them for you??
thanks

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #1,407 of 1,764
Lots of people actually enjoy these the most with UE silicone tips actually, from what I gather. Hybrids are more comfortable though. 

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #1,408 of 1,764
I actually think the stock tips are fine. UE silicons too, but to my ears hybrids make their bass a little muddier than the others. Small openings + large bass don't get along well IMO.

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #1,409 of 1,764
I will counterpoint that by saying that one thing the Atrio M5 v2 is known to do well is bass, and their design has a such a narrow nozzle (long too) that I needed to put a rubber sleeve made from one of the stock tips just to get a Hybrid tip to fit on to it.

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #1,410 of 1,764
^ Oh I agree, but in that case the IEMs are tuned for their narrow nozzle. The JVCs have a wider nozzle and the narrow hybrids mess with their tuning. One thing you can do though, is shorten the hybrid's stem so that their opening stretches a bit over the nozzle. Just my own 2c from experimenting with various tips on the FX700, others may well hear them differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back