JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Apr 6, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #1,141 of 1,764
Quote:
 I'm really curious how well I can carry a conversation w/ someone keeping them in ear and pausing my music.

IME no problem, I never took them out while shopping and talking to a store owner or cashier. It's actually pretty convenient.

Quote:
Honestly when I have the music turned on, the isolation is not that bad. 

Granted, I have never taken them on public transportation or in extremely loud areas, but for say sitting between two obnoxiously loud tables in the library, FX700 + music = zero isolation problems, at least for me.

Well, isolation doesn't magically change if you turn your music on, you're just drowning out ambient noise. My personal experience is that they're ok up to bus or train noise levels. But in a really noisy subway I'd have to raise the volume higher than what I consider safe for long term listening.

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #1,143 of 1,764

Quote:
Well, isolation doesn't magically change if you turn your music on, you're just drowning out ambient noise. My personal experience is that they're ok up to bus or train noise levels. But in a really noisy subway I'd have to raise the volume higher than what I consider safe for long term listening.

That's true.  I just wanted to give an alternative outlook to anybody considering these for say low-medium loud environments, because when I first got them I was expecting (scared?) to have to lock myself in a quiet room or the such to get good sessions from them, but was pleasantly surprised that they weren't that bad as made out to be, as they are fairly livable (for my purposes/enviro's).  Certainly not great though, as I would look at alternatives if you truly need super isolation or if you're extra sensitive/picky about noise while music is playing.

Quote:
IM a BELIEVER!!!

^ Haha, nice.  If you get the chance, would like to peruse one of your "poetic" analysis and comparo's with your other IEM's.  Always an entertaining read.

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #1,144 of 1,764

Quote:
IM a BELIEVER!!!

So how does the FX700 scale for you? And when turned to loud how overblown does it came to be? =S

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #1,145 of 1,764

Quote:

LOL! I need to get out of here
ph34r.gif

+1 Here =( This place is declared high radiation area of nuclear poison for the wallets =((

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #1,146 of 1,764
This is the end of my IEM hunt. I honestly can't think of any way that I would improve on the fx 700, with the tips I'm wearing the bass is just perfect, the soundstage is just incredible,  big and enveloping. The balance between the mids and the treble is just right, the detail resolution is astonishing, such a wide dynamic range, the legendary timbre...until I hear the ex1000 this is it for me. With every other IEM I had there was always something lacking but not with these. The SM3 are on their way, but I don't think they will be able to out do the jvc for me. 

One thing though, these are definitely not sleeping IEM's because I will never go to sleep as long as they are in my ears. I had pulled an all nighter the day before finishing assignments so I thought I would listen to music before while in bed. Despite not having slept for 24+hours I still listened to them for 3 hours straight till I decided I should probably get some sleep 
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #1,148 of 1,764
This is the end of my IEM hunt. I honestly can't think of any way that I would improve on the fx 700, with the tips I'm wearing the bass is just perfect, the soundstage is just incredible,  big and enveloping. The balance between the mids and the treble is just right, the detail resolution is astonishing, such a wide dynamic range, the legendary timbre...until I hear the ex1000 this is it for me. With every other IEM I had there was always something lacking but not with these. The SM3 are on their way, but I don't think they will be able to out do the jvc for me. 

One thing though, these are definitely not sleeping IEM's because I will never go to sleep as long as they are in my ears. I had pulled an all nighter the day before finishing assignments so I thought I would listen to music before while in bed. Despite not having slept for 24+hours I still listened to them for 3 hours straight till I decided I should probably get some sleep 
biggrin.gif

That's awesome that you have found a complete sound to your satisfaction. I really want to try these. It's too bad the FS forum shelves are empty.

Why doesn't JVC distribute these outside of Japan?

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #1,149 of 1,764

Quote:
Whats tips you using?

They are the white foam supertips from my moms monster miles davis set. They are similar to the black foam tips that come with the fx700 except slightly wider, with a slightly narrower opening. The bigger circumference provides a better seal for my ear. 

Edit: Added pic, white tips compared to the black tips that came with the fx700:

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #1,150 of 1,764

Quote:
That's awesome that you have found a complete sound to your satisfaction. I really want to try these. It's too bad the FS forum shelves are empty.

Why doesn't JVC distribute these outside of Japan?

Cheers buddy, I always had a perfect signature in mind, and these have provided it, with slight eqing. 

Beats the heck out of me!! Considering how good these are, its hard to even find info on them in english!

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #1,152 of 1,764

Quote:

Cheers buddy, I always had a perfect signature in mind, and these have provided it, with slight eqing. 

Beats the heck out of me!! Considering how good these are, its hard to even find info on them in english!

Hmm so which Cowon EQ did you used on the Fx700? =)

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #1,153 of 1,764

Quote:

^ Haha, nice.  If you get the chance, would like to peruse one of your "poetic" analysis and comparo's with your other IEM's.  Always an entertaining read.

i will do a comparison with this and the sm3.

i think there is something LACKING in the fx700.

i think its the voice.

i want it to be more upfront and clearly defined. (sm3 like)(ortofon eq7 like)(ue700 like)
its defined well, yeah, but i sometimes hear its out of focus in the sound...but only sometimes...
once in every 20 tracks.

sometimes i hear it buried under the bass and the details.
its like hiding.

just like what i experience from the panasonic hje900.
good in timbre but the voice is hiding at the back of the instruments.

in fx700s case, there were some tracks, only some, that i hear the voice to be lacking of push, of force to be front.
its like its being drowned sometimes by the other details.

i would like to also add that this iem is waaaaaayy better than most dynamics and bas that i heard.
better in instruments, in classical music, acoustic and live performances.

Quote:
So how does the FX700 scale for you? And when turned to loud how overblown does it came to be? =S

bro, i hear a real bass with the fx700.
in 3d, in HIGH DEFINITION, in 1080p, 1080i...
call it whatever you like, but it is simply the BEST bass ever.
im not a bass head.
im more of a detail freak, and in some ways, the fx performs like a ba in details.

i like the bass very much.
its real.
subwoofer like.
something EARTHY, ORGANIC, REALISTIC and plainly NATURAL...
there is something unique with its bass...its really of high quality. 
more weight, definition and with the right measurement.

which makes my sm3 artificial sounding.

ill do a comparison of sm3 vs. fx700.

Apr 6, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #1,154 of 1,764
The voices on the FX700s aren't lacking, it's actually quite neutral. If anything you are just used to forward mids Pinoyman, I would suggest the RE262 for your next purchase ; ). 

Apr 6, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #1,155 of 1,764

Quote:
Quote:

You're a hard rock/metal guy right? How are the distortion guitar compared to the Panny's?

They are every bit as visceral, in your face and crunchy as the panny's. The panny's possibly have a hair better timbre, think 10/10 for panny vs. 9.9 for JVC lol, but it is possible I am imagining things. This just speaks to how good the Panny's are for those genres.  I would say the panny's are a 7-8/10 for every other genre but for rock and metal they are a perfect 10. 

Funny thing though, they sound better for metal with a deep fit and seal, but better for every other genre with a looser shallower seal.

Quote:
Hmm so which Cowon EQ did you used on the Fx700? =)

Custom! 

135 Hz - Wide - (-1)
300 Hz - Normal - 2
650 Hz - Wide - 4
1.8 kHz - Wide - 2
13 kHz - Wide - 1

BBE - 10 (this is my default custom)
MP Enhance - On for lossy, off for lossless
Stereo Enhance - 4
Everything else 0

Quote:
The voices on the FX700s aren't lacking, it's actually quite neutral. If anything you are just used to forward mids Pinoyman, I would suggest the RE262 for your next purchase ; ). 

Yea I agree with this, I don't find them to be recessed, they are perfectly neutral. I eq'd them forward slightly as per my taste and they sound fantastic. If the e-q5 is liquid, the re 262 honey, the fx's are velvet, there's just so much texture to every frequency. I could never discern bass texture but now I hear it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back