JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Apr 4, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #1,111 of 1,764

Quote:
They're here 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 Man everything about this IEM oozes class, from the packaging, to the beautiful wood finish ,the weight of the IEM's... class!
Further impression pending after several hours of use 
biggrin.gif

If you are like me, it takes a couple of weeks for the effect of FX700 to wear off. But then, why worry? Just throw everything you listen at it and see what it does
wink.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #1,112 of 1,764
So you stopped liking it with time? 

If that's the case I think otherwise though I do agree to some extent.

Specifically for Daanish, if you like them that much I'm sure they'll grow on you more with time as they age really well, kind of like wine ; ). I don't recommend high volume/pink noise burn-in though, just enjoy them and be careful to not expose them to high-volume levels. 

Apr 4, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #1,113 of 1,764
The FX700 is definitely the best all around genre performing IEM i've ever heard...
-When the bass hits, I enter a different realm... completely zoned out..
-The treble is now smooth, engaging, and sparkly--after ~200 hours
-Soundstage, airiness, imaging, and separation is superb...
-FX700's dynamic range and frequency spectrum is balanced from bottom to top, and mids don't seem recessed anymore. I get the chills from good Vocals!
-Trance, House, Rap, Hip-Hop/R&B, Reggae--you name it..the FX700 delivers!!
-FX700 should be the 8th wonder of the world... for its size/sound quality and immersion compared to full-size cans.

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #1,114 of 1,764

Quote:

If that's the case I think otherwise though I do agree to some extent.

Specifically for Daanish, if you like them that much I'm sure they'll grow on you more with time as they age really well, kind of like wine ; ). I don't recommend high volume/pink noise burn-in though, just enjoy them and be careful to not expose them to high-volume levels. 

Loving it so far! It has fantastic dynamic range, what is loud is loud and what is soft is soft. However, since it has such an awesome soundstage, you don't miss out on any details. It really is quite effortless in the way it relays sound.  

The sound reminds me alot of the denon 2000/5000 models, except with better quality+more forward mids

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #1,116 of 1,764
To you Fx700 users new or old listen this was one of my favorite track when I had the Fx700 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yansdoVwdgI The only headphones that can this justice is the Monster gold, Eterna, Fx700.

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #1,117 of 1,764

Quote:
To you Fx700 users new or old listen this was one of my favorite track when I had the Fx700 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yansdoVwdgI The only headphones that can this justice is the Monster gold, Eterna, Fx700.

Oh man!  It's like I'm getting a brain massage!!!

Quote:
Spot on Daanish, I can also see the resembalance to the D5000 and maybe the D7000s. 

Yea! Do you know if the JVC body is made of mahogany as well?

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #1,118 of 1,764
Quote:

Didn't you leave out the Atrios, lol? Honestly, you really are a basshead...
tongue.gif

Quote:
The bass doesn't seem overpowering to me yet, could it be that I am a basshead
biggrin.gif

Ermm, ...
wink.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #1,119 of 1,764
The magic isn't the housing as much as the actual wooden driver itself like Inks mentioned.  8th piece from the left.  Brass(?) enclosure 10th from the left.  

jvc_ha_fx700_2.jpg

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #1,120 of 1,764

It's actually Birch Wood which has good properties for their use
Oh man!  It's like I'm getting a brain massage!!!

Quote:

Yea! Do you know if the JVC body is made of mahogany as well?

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #1,121 of 1,764

Quote:

Not really. Usually, with any IEM, I get down to analyzing their signature rather than listening. With FX700, I just didn't care about 'how' it sounded and continued to listen. Do I like it still? Let's put it this way. If you put a gun to my head and ask me to choose only one IEM for a long vacation in a deserted island, it would be FX700, though I'd sneak away a couple more in split seconds you take your eyes off me
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #1,122 of 1,764

Quote:
The magic isn't the housing as much as the actual wooden driver itself like Inks mentioned.  8th piece from the left.  Brass(?) enclosure 10th from the left.  

jvc_ha_fx700_2.jpg

I wonder if the driver is made of birch as well? Or rather two different wood's which complement each other's acoustic properties. 

Say anaxilus, just took a look at your sig. and I see an re262 rehousing project. That sounds really interesting! Is it basically going to be an acrylic shell?

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #1,123 of 1,764
@esanthosh, I totally relate to that, I get the same effect. It's signature is like the MDs in that you forget about it's technical capabilities and you just get into the music. 

@anaxilus, I wish I knew translations of that information. There sure was a lot of though put into the design, I'm sure that brass enclosure gives it that sharp detailed sound that's complemented by the wood's contrasting resonance. 

@Daanish, looks like the driver isn't Birchwood like the housing but I could be wrong. Different woods means different properties so they may be using another kind. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #1,124 of 1,764

Quote:

Say anaxilus, just took a look at your sig. and I see an re262 rehousing project. That sounds really interesting! Is it basically going to be an acrylic shell?

Originally it was for a custom project.  Was shooting for silicone preferably.  Currently they're swapped into Meelec M6 shells.  There were and are issues as it appears to need quite a bit of venting and no reshellers want to really deal w/ a DD.  If I can't make it happen then they are going in my Munitio shells since those drivers suck.  Assuming they fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back