JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Apr 3, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #1,097 of 1,764
Quote:

From A/Bing the soundstage on the FX700 is roughly the same size as on the FX500 and IMO they both don't fall very short compared to the IE8. However, soundstage on the IE8 is greatly depended on how you wear them (loose fit or sealed), so for some the difference may appear greater than for others. On the other hand the JVCs have a more open/airy sound due to their design, which I like very much, since it adds to the out-of-head experience.

Do you still think so James? Because to my ears, the soundstage and imaging on FX700 is vastly superior to that on the IE8. Yes, that's right. I think FX700 is much more natural in how it places instruments in the soundstage and there is a sense of air that IE8 just doesn't have. I found IE8 a bit boxy sounding and soundstage height was limited, but with the FX700 the soundstage is grand in all directions.

Quote:
@pianist,
thank you very much sir.

No problem.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #1,098 of 1,764
Quote:
Do you still think so James? Because to my ears, the soundstage and imaging on FX700 is vastly superior to that on the IE8. Yes, that's right. I think FX700 is much more natural in how it places instruments in the soundstage and there is a sense of air that IE8 just doesn't have. I found IE8 a bit boxy sounding and soundstage height was limited, but with the FX700 the soundstage is grand in all directions.

I'd say in sheer spatial extent the IE8 still have an upper hand. But the Senns place you much further from the stage, so instruments appear less separated. I concur with you regarding the great sense of air on the FX700 and that it makes them sound more open than the IE8. Overall I think I was just describing soundstage and airiness as two separate things, whereas you're talking about the sum of both.

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #1,099 of 1,764
Would you say that the FX700 surpasses the SE530 for you Pianist? They do sound good and I was tempted to buy a pair to try it a while back but decided against it. I do think I should hear them one day due to the timbre that is supposed to be pretty amazing.

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #1,100 of 1,764
Quote:
Would you say that the FX700 surpasses the SE530 for you Pianist? They do sound good and I was tempted to buy a pair to try it a while back but decided against it. I do think I should hear them one day due to the timbre that is supposed to be pretty amazing.

So you mean you heard SE530 right? Sorry, it's just not very clear from your post.

SE530 vs. FX700... hmmm... this is a really tough one! I honestly can't compare them without actually AB'ing the two extensively in a quiet environment which probably won't happen any time soon. I can say right away though that FX700 has a more realistic timbre, a larger soundstage with better air, better extended and more present treble and a deeper bass. SE530 has those special liquid mids though, but it also has really great dynamics too. I would suspect that I won't like SE530 nearly as much as I did before after hearing the FX700. SE530 is extremely fit dependent like I mentioned many times already and without a proper fit it can sound downright awful. I also think that it is still somewhat incoherent even with a great fit and the dynamic range is not entirely natural but sounds kinda stimulated, whereas FX700 sounds so coherent and genuinely effortless in its dynamics that they make my jaw drop every time I listen to them.

They are both awesome really. But I am pretty sure that FX700 is ultimately the better IEM because it has the advantage of being single driver and that wooden housing with an open back design that just gives it a truly natural sound that I don't think any multi driver BA can match.

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #1,101 of 1,764
I have not heard either the SE530 or FX700 but I was talking about the FX700. The SE530 never really interested me that much.

It seems like you really like the FX700 if it can surpass the SE530 in your book.

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #1,102 of 1,764
OMG! I am listening to FX700 now and I just heard a musician blow his nose quietly in one of my favorite smooth jazz recordings! The sound was just so clear and distinct and yet I never noticed it before on any other headphone. Amazing detail resolution!
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #1,104 of 1,764
They're here 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 Man everything about this IEM oozes class, from the packaging, to the beautiful wood finish ,the weight of the IEM's... class! just to confirm, there should be 6 pairs of tips + the ones on the iem's so 7 tips right? I remember reading there were a pair of hidden tips but I couldn't find any. 

Listening to 'The look of love' by Diana Krall, shes never sounded as meaty, full and alive before... the reverb in the wooden housing are positively eargasmic!!! The bass doesn't seem overpowering to me yet, could it be that I am a basshead 
biggrin.gif
 To test, I'm putting on 'the dream is collapsing' from Inception. That should test it fully!! Nope, not feeling the overpowering bass yet either! It does sound magnificent though, larger than life! Ghost Opera by Kamelot, these IEM's do justice to how dramatic the song actually is!!!! Further impression pending after several hours of use 
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #1,106 of 1,764
Oh boy there's the infamous bass! I'm using the re262 double flange large. Gives me optimal seal. Funny thing the bass doesn't bother me at all! In fact I like it!

Apr 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #1,107 of 1,764
 The timbre is mostly due to the driver itself being made of wood not just the housing as some mention. There is also a brass cone in there that I'm sure helps with those higher regions. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back