JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
May 14, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #481 of 1,764
Can someone compare the FX700's vs TF10's and MTP Coppers for me?  Maybe even the CK10's if they dont lack bass.

I love my Denon D7000 and I'm looking for an IEM version of them that aren't really fragile either, I use my IEM's mostly in the gym.

May 14, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #482 of 1,764
midoo1990 - Thanks for the comments, that really helps.  Please also read my comments to ericp10.

ericp10 -  The D2K/D5K/D7K all have a similar bass area.  I say this having had all three cans and also when I went to a meet recently and met another member with the D2K.  We both felt all three headphones had far more in common than they did differences.  So comments on the D5000 definitely apply to the D2K as well.

Of course then I have the question of why midoo1990 says the FX500 has less bass than the D5000 and ericp10 says the FX700 has more bass than the D2K, especially since both JVCs have similar bass.  I have no clue - maybe both of you were focusing on different bass regions (e.g. lower bass versus midbass?).

Thanks for the help both of you - the FX700s are getting very temping!

May 14, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #483 of 1,764
d5000 has a bass that is more in quantity than  any other headphone or iem i have heard,but i actually hated it because it was very bloated and soft with my wa6.the fx500 has a heavy bass(and i am sure fx700 is the same),it is hard hitting,controlled,very tight,organic,natural with excellent reverbation.as far as low bass,mid bass...again the d5000 takes the edge here but fx500 bass is not far behind,
d5000 mid bass doesnt bleed to the midrange or any other frequency for that matter,fx500 is the same its bass doesnt bleed.

fx500 has ALOT of things common with d5000 as i said before.One of the best things in fx500 is handling of strings and timbre and reverbations.Mids are indeed recessed with fx500 but it is beautiful and natural just like the d5000.

the reason i sold the d5000 is because,the poor build quality,incredibly recessed mids,and terrible bass performance(bloated with no definition).

i assure you,you will not be dissapointed with fx700(even though i havent heard it),buy it and you will be surprised.

as for the difference in results,maybe Eric is using SS amp or different amp than mine.

May 14, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #485 of 1,764

Quote:
midoo1990 - Thanks for the comments, that really helps.  Please also read my comments to ericp10.

ericp10 -  The D2K/D5K/D7K all have a similar bass area.  I say this having had all three cans and also when I went to a meet recently and met another member with the D2K.  We both felt all three headphones had far more in common than they did differences.  So comments on the D5000 definitely apply to the D2K as well.

Of course then I have the question of why midoo1990 says the FX500 has less bass than the D5000 and ericp10 says the FX700 has more bass than the D2K, especially since both JVCs have similar bass.  I have no clue - maybe both of you were focusing on different bass regions (e.g. lower bass versus midbass?).

Thanks for the help both of you - the FX700s are getting very temping!

Well odigg, I understand your questions and your concerns, but people hear things differently. With that said, I can't say midoo is wrong in his opinions. As for me, however, I've only heard the FX700 and the D2000. I have not heard the FX500 or any other Denons. So the Denons bass may be the same to me if I heard them, or maybe they wouldn't be. So, based on what I've heard (and recall since I've sold my D2000s a couple of months ago), the FX700 has more quantity bass and definitely more quality bass than the D2000. Some have written that the FX700 bass is better than the FX500 bass. Again, I don't know since I've never heard the FX500. These are just my opinions, of course, buddy. Ultimately you will have to listen and decide for yourself. Happy listening.

May 14, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #487 of 1,764

Quote:
Can someone compare the FX700's vs TF10's and MTP Coppers for me?  Maybe even the CK10's if they dont lack bass.

I love my Denon D7000 and I'm looking for an IEM version of them that aren't really fragile either, I use my IEM's mostly in the gym.

I'll compare them to the Coppers-

+ FX700's are much more transparent, and clear. While I don't think they present 'more' detail than the Coppers, it's so much more transparent that you hear and notice details much more readily that are still there with the Coppers, but just more hazy or blurry, so to speak. The FX700's soundstage is a good amount wider, with more of a 3D feel (as much as an IEM can have that quality I guess). They have a touch more mid bass than the Coppers, but it doesn't seem to cloud any of the rest of the range. They also convey the texture or timbre of each instrument much better. 

+ Coppers are more closed up, congested. You notice this right off the bat when listening to them after the FX700's. Something's just amiss in terms of spaciousness, and clarity. The soundstage just feels so limited to the imaginary line drawn from ear to ear. And they have a somewhat more 'metallic' sound than the FX700's. They just can't match the natural feel of the JVC's. Their bass is very close though, maybe a hair better. It's more subwoofer-like, and pure. But I think that's the only part of their sound which is on par with or perhaps a hair better. But I can sacrifice that for the rest of the things the FX700's do so well over them. Oh, but they isolate much better than the JVC's too. The FX700's sure aren't for noisy environments, with their open back. 

May 14, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #489 of 1,764
They do come with an extension cord, but that makes the cable quite long overall. I mainly use them at my desk, so it's not really a problem. I actually like the long length when I'm working because it leaves me enough room to wheel around, and get stuff which is a bit out of reach. So there's the really short option, or very long with the extension. 

May 14, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #490 of 1,764

Quote:
They do come with an extension cord, but that makes the cable quite long overall. I mainly use them at my desk, so it's not really a problem. I actually like the long length when I'm working because it leaves me enough room to wheel around, and get stuff which is a bit out of reach. So there's the really short option, or very long with the extension. 

Would you say the extension cord is reliable? Say if it was to break, I could contact them guys at Seyo Shop?
Could you please describe how long it is? A normal piece of mp3 cable is say 35cm?
Compare to the IE8s?

*EDIT

Anyone got a picture of the extension cable compared to a normal piece of earphones?

May 14, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #491 of 1,764

Quote:
Well odigg, I understand your questions and your concerns, but people hear things differently. With that said, I can't say midoo is wrong in his opinions. As for me, however, I've only heard the FX700 and the D2000. I have not heard the FX500 or any other Denons. So the Denons bass may be the same to me if I heard them, or maybe they wouldn't be.

Yep, everybody has their own ears!  Better quality bass is a win through, even if there is more quantity.  I can adjust to more quantity.  It's much harder to adjust to poor quality.

Quote:
Trust me Odigg if you like the d5000 sound,you will love fx700.now GO buy them:)

I do like the D5000 a lot and love the Denon bass, but I've not listened to the D5K/D7K in the last few months because the midrange just seems a little too laid back after I got used to the PFE.  However, everybody (including ericp10) has said out that FX700 mids are better than FX500 and thus the Denons so the FX700 is very compelling.

*telling myself to sleep on deciding if I should purchase it* :)

Thanks for the help.  I really appreciate it.

May 14, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #492 of 1,764
This search for an earphone purchase is stressful :)

May 14, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #493 of 1,764
Quote:
This search for an earphone purchase is stressful :)

I've found that after you've tried about 20 headphones/earphones, you can finally make sense of how the reviews on this board correlate with your own hearing.

Then it's easier to pick a earphone.
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #494 of 1,764
Thank you cn11 for the FX700 vs MTP Copper review!

Btw, do you find the FX700 engaging or is it more laid back like IE8?

Can anyone compare the FX700 and UE TF10's or CK10's for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back