JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Apr 20, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #301 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by koonhua90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, this kind of restrain me from getting the JVC right now...

The Ortofons and JVCs are just so different that I doubt one of them will end up being my unequivocal favorite. With classical orchestra I already prefer the FX700 by quite some margin, because they are so involving and timbre of instruments is unmatched IMO. But for lots of other stuff and situations I simply love the e-Q7's calm and relaxed presentation. BTW what kind of music are you listening to?

Apr 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM Post #302 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Ortofons and JVCs are just so different that I doubt one of them will end up being my unequivocal favorite. With classical orchestra I already prefer the FX700 by quite some margin, because they are so involving and timbre of instruments is unmatched IMO. But for lots of other stuff and situations I simply love the e-Q7's calm and relaxed presentation. BTW what kind of music are you listening to?

I have quite some classicals and orchestral music in alac...I listen to Jpop, pop, rock, hip hop, few metal song, picking up trance recently, altrernatives, c-pop, blues, country, R&B, techno...basically, songs that sounds good to me
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #304 of 1,764
Quote:

This thread has been lonely lately...and I have gotten myself the FX-700. Time for some wooden bling bling
icon10.gif

but it hurts the wallet so much
frown.gif

Congrats. Are they still in transit, or do you have them already? They are pricey, but they sound oh so good. Look forward to your impressions.

Apr 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #305 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats. Are they still in transit, or do you have them already? They are pricey, but they sound oh so good. Look forward to your impressions.

Just ordered a few hours ago...expecting to get them next week.

Apr 25, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #306 of 1,764
Quote:

This thread has been lonely lately...and I have gotten myself the FX-700. Time for some wooden bling bling
icon10.gif

frown.gif

Hey, congrats! Time to revive this thread with your and Eric's impressions.
beerchug.gif

Regretfully I'm not able to listen to the FX700 as much as I want, because I need more isolation on my subway commute. But they have become my favorite bedtime IEMs and as such are surprisingly comfortable.

BTW my wallet has gone numb long ago and never recovered.
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #307 of 1,764
Quote:

Hey, congrats! Time to revive this thread with your and Eric's impressions.
beerchug.gif

Regretfully I'm not able to listen to the FX700 as much as I want, because I need more isolation on my subway commute. But they have become my favorite bedtime IEMs and as such are surprisingly comfortable.

BTW my wallet has gone numb long ago and never recovered.
wink.gif

Well, I am pretty much a newbie anyway.
redface.gif

Hopefully this will give me what IE8 can't give me, ie tighter bass, more forward mid, and the details that I crave for.

Apr 26, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #308 of 1,764
Quote:

icon10.gif

frown.gif

^koonhua90

Where did you order from? seyo? I ordered mine from them last Monday and paid instantly. On Tuesday afternoon they sent me an email saying that it was going to be dispatched within 4 days (which isn't good) and I did not hear anything from them until Sunday, which is 5 days after that email (even worse
rolleyes.gif
LOL). I sent them an email on the same day, asking for a follow up, they replied today (Monday morning) saying that it had been dispatched last Saturday while apologizing for the late response and providing me with the tracking number.

On April 24 the item was still in Osaka according to Japan post website and has not yet appeared in Australia Post website this morning so I guess I can only expect to receive it tomorrow or the day after
frown.gif

I was wondering whether or not they actually had these in stock hence the 4 days period, as if they didn't, in my opinion they should have stated it or simply the dispatch waiting period on the product page or ordering confirmation page, not after I put my order. As a comparison I purchased my FX500 from ebay 8 months ago (it was approx. A$10 more than Seyo's price) and it took less than 4 days for me to receive it.

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #309 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by m-p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^koonhua90

Where did you order from? seyo? I ordered mine from them last Monday and paid instantly. On Tuesday afternoon they sent me an email saying that it was going to be dispatched within 4 days (which isn't good) and I did not hear anything from them until Sunday, which is 5 days after that email (even worse
rolleyes.gif
LOL). I sent them an email on the same day, asking for a follow up, they replied today (Monday morning) saying that it had been dispatched last Saturday while apologizing for the late response and providing me with the tracking number.

On April 24 the item was still in Osaka according to Japan post website and has not yet appeared in Australia Post website this morning so I guess I can only expect to receive it tomorrow or the day after
frown.gif

I was wondering whether or not they actually had these in stock hence the 4 days period, as if they didn't, in my opinion they should have stated it or simply the dispatch waiting period on the product page or ordering confirmation page, not after I put my order. As a comparison I purchased my FX500 from ebay 8 months ago (it was approx. A$10 more than Seyo's price) and it took less than 4 days for me to receive it.

I got mine from seyo-shop, cos i could pay using paypal. But since I ordered yesterday (Sunday), hopefully they will email me something tomorrow morning. Well, thanks to you, they should have the FX-700 in stock now
icon10.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #310 of 1,764
Hey James, how would you compare FX700 to CK100? I'm particularly fond of forward mids and find CK100 to be perfect, though its a bit thin at times. If FX700 has about the same mid-forwardness as CK100, i'd definitely be interested in them. (Not to mention they look gorgeous)

I have the FX500, and i really can't stand its super recessed mids and sharp highs, but FX700 seems to fix most of those issues.

I also have ES3X, so i'm not sure if it would be worth spending another 400$ USD on a pair of universals....

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Apr 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #311 of 1,764
Quote:

Well, thanks to you, they should have the FX-700 in stock now
icon10.gif

Oh do they? No no I'm joking. That'll be unfair for me but I'll pray for you, really
biggrin.gif

I've got myself a wonderful news though, checked the post websites just now and apparently my FX700 is already in Sydney and scheduled for delivery, so hopefully I can receive it tomorrow.. YAY!

Apr 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #312 of 1,764
Quote:

Soozieq, I'm so sorry, but due to the Eyjafjallajokull eruption and aircraft being grounded, my esteemed expert on calculating warmth percentages didn't make it in time, so you have to put up with my own rough estimate.
wink.gif
In any case, the main difference between the IE8/Pannies and the FX700 is bass emphasis. Both of the former have an obvious emphasis on upper bass, a main ingredient of their warm sound signature. The FX700 feature a flatter distribution of bass across the lower ranges and I'd say they appear less warm to my ears, while still being clearly on the warmish side of neutral.

Oh james, your esteemed expert on calculating warmth percentages used the lame old volcanic ash excuse?? Shame on him! Well, I guess I'll find out for myself later today what they sound like because Parcelarse finally has them tracked as......

'[size=small]Out For Delivery[/size]'!!!!

It's funny, because I had absolutely no plans to get these, really I didn't. I'm happy with the Coppers. But my very sweet and kind-hearted friend, Chris, (hi Chris!) who also has the Coppers, was so convinced I'd love them, that he actually bought them for me in advance! Now that's confidence! If I like them as much as he thinks I'll like them, I'll pay him for them..... otherwise I'll sell them, stash the cash, and never tell him
ksc75smile.gif

Of course, that's top secret info. So nobody breathe a word.......
ph34r.gif

Anyway, thanks james, Chris and everyone else who's chimed in with reviews of the JVC. I think I have some idea of what they're going to sound like, especially since owners have been comparing them with the FX500's (which I liked except for the vocals). Now I'm going to start stalking Parcelarse and see if I can get an estimated time of delivery!

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #313 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh james, your esteemed expert on calculating warmth percentages used the lame old volcanic ash excuse?? Shame on him! Well, I guess I'll find out for myself later today what they sound like because Parcelarse finally has them tracked as......

'[size=small]Out For Delivery[/size]'!!!!

It's funny, because I had absolutely no plans to get these, really I didn't. I'm happy with the Coppers. But my very sweet and kind-hearted friend, Chris, (hi Chris!) who also has the Coppers, was so convinced I'd love them, that he actually bought them for me in advance! Now that's confidence! If I like them as much as he thinks I'll like them, I'll pay him for them..... otherwise I'll sell them, stash the cash, and never tell him
ksc75smile.gif

Of course, that's top secret info. So nobody breathe a word.......
ph34r.gif

Anyway, thanks james, Chris and everyone else who's chimed in with reviews of the JVC. I think I have some idea of what they're going to sound like, especially since owners have been comparing them with the FX500's (which I liked except for the vocals). Now I'm going to start stalking Parcelarse and see if I can get an estimated time of delivery!

Hey Julie-
You're welcome, I just knew these would be your cup o' tea! Post first impressions as soon as you've listened to a couple tracks and figured out which ear tips work the best for you.... Enjoy the day's listening!
ksc75smile.gif

....oh yeah, and cash?? ...what's that?? Heh heh. I'm used to doing without being on this site for so many years.

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #314 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Julie-
You're welcome, I just knew these would be your cup o' tea! Post first impressions as soon as you've listened to a couple tracks and figured out which ear tips work the best for you.... Enjoy the day's listening!
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks Chris
biggrin.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Parcelarse just got here!! He said "I should have been here much earlier, but for some reason I drove right past your place"
angry_face.gif
Anyway, have to dash out now so will open them when I get back in about an hour. Oooooooooooooooooooooh! Excitement!

Apr 26, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #315 of 1,764
Mine are in the mail room waiting for me also!! I'll grab them in about 20 minutes and should have some first impressions in about an hour or so later. I'm excited!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back