JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Sep 30, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #691 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and give yourself some time to adjust to their sonic signature.

I think that this is the key. After a few days listening to them you won't ever find them such dark. You will find very beautiful details and defined mids.

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #692 of 3,142
Jeez, the lows on these are insane. Listening to Massive Attack's Angel and it almost feels like my head is compressed a little everytime there's a kickdrum hit. In a good way!
L3000.gif

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #693 of 3,142
I think it can be too much sometimes, and get back "down to earth" with the HD650's occationally
normal_smile .gif

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #694 of 3,142
What's impressing is that the low-end is pretty solid and firm basically straight out of the box. I'm absolutely not a bass-head, but these have an emphasized low-end that is done quite well... and I like it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Curious to see how they'll sound in a few days.

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #695 of 3,142
Yeah, there simply isn't another headphone that has both the bass power AND definition, attack, and snap of the DX1000. They are truly in a class by themselves in this regard IMO.

Oct 1, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #697 of 3,142
Funny how some people actualy love them(Skylab) and others TRYING HARD to love them
smily_headphones1.gif
I bet if it were not $1000 cans those folks will be selling them already...

Oct 1, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #698 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny how some people actualy love them(Skylab) and others TRYING HARD to love them
smily_headphones1.gif

I've no idea if you were referring to me or not, but let me just say that I have been completely enraptured by my pair of JVC's. If it was not for the opportunity of owning an incredibly rare and special amp, I would never even consider selling mine. As I said before, it's just something I have to do. Rob knows how much I love the JVC, he's responsible for my awakening
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #699 of 3,142
Out of topic, are you going to buy this one http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/fs...-ec2a3-366991/, ****, life is not fair...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've no idea if you were referring to me or not, but let me just say that I have been completely enraptured by my pair of JVC's. If it was not for the opportunity of owning an incredibly rare and special amp, I would never even consider selling mine. As I said before, it's just something I have to do. Rob knows how much I love the JVC, he's responsible for my awakening
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #701 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I also bet if you could afford them you'd have snapped them up rather than trying to snipe those who have them and enjoy them.

See? I can make groundless assumptions too.

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #703 of 3,142
Isn't it normal on this forum to be super critical? Looking at this thread it seems that most are very happy with them, but as with all other cans, they have their pros and cons.

I for sure love mine, but I also like my other cans qualities.

Oct 1, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #704 of 3,142
My biggest issue, with closed back hphones, is that some or maybe most of them sound like closed back, which I find not natural. It has nothing to do with their sound sig. I didn't tried all of them, only Sony CD3000, JVX X1000 and some Darth Bayer, I believe, so willing to try some ATH W2002 or maybe W5000, but the comfort issue of W5000 holds me back, but from what I understood W5000 sounds less closed back than W2002, so not sure yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back