JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Aug 30, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #2,823 of 3,142
To those of you with other headphones besides the DX-1000, what other headphone comes close? I loved the bass response of mine, great impact and quantity/feel. Amazing PRaT...

Since these are hard to find, plus fragile, what can replace them? Tall order, I know...

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #2,824 of 3,142
The TH900 is definitely a close contender as I own both and the DX1000 can still hold its own. Even after owning the Fostex, the JVC won't be going anywhere.

Its the easy rider of headphones or the southern fried chicken if you will. Power it with a tiny Geek Out or a mighty Onkyo receiver.

Aug 30, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #2,825 of 3,142
The TH900 is definitely a close contender as I own both and the DX1000 can still hold its own. Even after owning the Fostex, the JVC won't be going anywhere.

Hmmm, I just received my pair of the Massdrop X00 Purplehearts and they didn't compare; I wonder what the 900's do better. I sold my DX1000's a few years ago and still jones for that sound signature - it's just wonderful.

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #2,828 of 3,142
  To those of you with other headphones besides the DX-1000, what other headphone comes close? I loved the bass response of mine, great impact and quantity/feel. Amazing PRaT...

Since these are hard to find, plus fragile, what can replace them? Tall order, I know...

I had the DX-1000 side by side with my Denon LA7000 and overall preferred the Denon sound signature and comfort a bit over the JVC.  The fit of the JVC was a little "weird".  Loved the bass but the Denon kept up with it.  Ended up selling the JVC's.

On a side note, one of our members is using Audeze Vegan pads on the JVC with good results.  I'd guess that would help with the fit and comfort. 

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #2,831 of 3,142
  I've seen you compare these to a lot of new stuff, what stands up to you in comparison to the bass tone/impact/quality?

Nothing that I've found.

My main headphones are JVC HA-DX2000 and Sennheiser HD650. Both pretty old but I don't like any headphones I've ever tried more than them.

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #2,833 of 3,142
Had some live music that i was listening to on the mid-fi speaker system which is pretty realistic, had to move to headphones due to wife and went through several until i pulled these out. It felt like Goldilocks finding the perfect bed in the fairytale. This one is juuuust right. Aaahhhhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back