JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Nov 26, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #2,836 of 3,142
Finally got my hands on a pair of Sony MDR-Z7. I was hoping they'd be a more durable JVC HP-DX1000.

They have similar qualities and are super comfortable, but they have minimal isolation and lack the reverberant wood quality of the JVC.

Off they go then.

The JVC's are turning into a classic headphone.

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #2,837 of 3,142

The JVC's are turning into a classic headphone.

l'd say they already are! 
darthsmile.gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #2,842 of 3,142

I would agree with you although everyone here will have heard of the Sony MDR-R10, not everyone has heard of the JVC's.

I would believe more have heard the DX 1000. the R10 is kind of priced into unobtanium :)

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #2,843 of 3,142
  I would believe more have heard the DX 1000. the R10 is kind of priced into unobtanium :)

There's a difference between 'heard' and heard-of.  By way of analogy, more people have heard of  Ferrari than have driven one.... 

That said, I had not listened to my DX1000s for quite some time, and somehow decided to give them a listen tonight.  Drving them with my Moon 430HAD via Jriver playing 16/44 flac and above. Guess I amy not be ordering any new phones any time soon.  Have fantasies about the Utopia, but--- $4K....  I am usually drawn to the warmer, darker side of neutral, but do like coherence and detail with my warmth....  Drums/percussion sound great with these- and acoustic jazz very realistic sounding, like being at the club sitting pretty close to the band.

My 1000s are in mint condition, but I am wondering whether to proactively duct-tape the little plastic bits that seem to be giving people problems.  Not going to sell these, but will try to thin the herd of some other cans.  These are  quickly moving into the number 1 spot for me.

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #2,844 of 3,142
So, since I can never leave well enough alone, has anybody rewired/cabled their 1000s?  Do you guys think it will kill their resale value to modify them with cables?  Has anyone tried them balanced vs. single-ended?  Is the bass emphasis partially a function of their stock cable?

Iquiring minds want to know.  And by 'enquiring minds', I mean ME!!!

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #2,845 of 3,142
They're actually closed and don't really leak sound. Part of what I like about them is that they isolate fairly well.

Yes agree, completely closed and leak no sound. Those massive pads are very comfortable.

There's a difference between 'heard' and heard-of.  By way of analogy, more people have heard of  Ferrari than have driven one.... 

That said, I had not listened to my DX1000s for quite some time, and somehow decided to give them a listen tonight.  Drving them with my Moon 430HAD via Jriver playing 16/44 flac and above. Guess I amy not be ordering any new phones any time soon.  Have fantasies about the Utopia, but--- $4K....  I am usually drawn to the warmer, darker side of neutral, but do like coherence and detail with my warmth....  Drums/percussion sound great with these- and acoustic jazz very realistic sounding, like being at the club sitting pretty close to the band.

My 1000s are in mint condition, but I am wondering whether to proactively duct-tape the little plastic bits that seem to be giving people problems.  Not going to sell these, but will try to thin the herd of some other cans.  These are  quickly moving into the number 1 spot for me.

Mine are also in mint condition and have no issues with the mentioned parts cracking. I think it was a case of a bad batch or simply that certain people are a tad rough with their gear. Some people use one hand to remove their phones by sliding them of......big mistake. Use both hands and separate from your head and then remove.

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #2,846 of 3,142

Well I thought you actually meant listened to not knowing about the existance :)

As for running balanced for natural reasons it´s very hard to A-B but it didn´t have any negative effects I am sure :)

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #2,849 of 3,142
I agree. It looks really suspicious. 

On these dates (i.e. Christmas round the corner), we have to be careful with scams. Things that are too good to be true, probably are. 

The DX1000 is listed as of right now at $770 in amazon.jp Shipping to USA should increase the price. From there to $400, there's too big of a difference, IMO. 

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #2,850 of 3,142
I agree. It looks really suspicious. 

On these dates (i.e. Christmas round the corner), we have to be careful with scams. Things that are too good to be true, probably are. 

The DX1000 is listed as of right now at $770 in amazon.jp Shipping to USA should increase the price. From there to $400, there's too big of a difference, IMO. 

How did l manage to post the same twice and how l don't manage to delete one of the two equal posts? 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back