JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Jun 4, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #2,807 of 3,142
Hi,......................do the DX 1000 leak sound out?...........................can a person sat next to you hear your music at moderate- slightly louder levels?​

Been looking for a totally closed non leaking (out) headphone with similar bass to my TH900........all the denon's  seem to leak quite a bit.

Thanks.

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #2,809 of 3,142
Have my set of HP-DX1000 for 2 months now and they are sensational, thanks to all who advised me here; I bought used.

Same problem happened on 1 side of my headband, same as member bubblegum experienced, and others too.

I wrote to JVC Victor America in English language hoping to buy this tiny simple cover part, but got no answer.

Three questions, please -

a). Has anyone tried writing to JVC Victor Japan for this cover-plate part ? Maybe someone here who can write in Japanese language can find out how we can buy this simple part. Can any head-fier's help out, please with the communication & translation then to English here ?

b). This headband looks very common among many other model headphones from other brands. Is there another brand (ex: Fostex, Denon or others) that uses the exact same headband as the HP-DX1000 ? If so, we can find the replacement part new or used or take another headband apart just for this little part. Anyone know if there is a matching part from a different brand ?

c). I'm afraid to remove the "good" side cover plate which is intact, but are there some flanges underneath that lock-in the cover plate ? My bad side cover-plate disintegrated and ended up in many pieces, so not sure if I lost something underneath, but mine looks just like bubblegum's does.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #2,810 of 3,142

It is annoying, that shhhity piece of plastic.

Just go all out, join the fight with me of putting the DX1000 drivers and cups in a Denon D2/5/7000 frame. It's a challenge to figure out, but when it's done it'll be great.

I'm getting calipers now to start measuring the frame of the D2000 headband assembly so that I can have some spacers made up for it, as 227qed recommended above.

I'd love doing this but it is way over my competence.
I could somewhat partially put back the piece of plastic although it is not looking nice.
I can use it this way but its obviously not a long term solution...

Here is the post I just referenced.

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #2,811 of 3,142
  Today one of the cup pf my dx 1000 detached, as the small piece of plastic maintaining it on the side (the one with the 2 screws) broke definitely.
It already broke 2 years ago, but I could repair it with glue, and it lasted until now with it being broken for good.

I love these headphones, and I'm at a loss to know what to do to repair them. All of this for that ****ty piece of plastic that we all know
his a very weak point of the design of this headphone.

Any suggestion on what I could do ?

And, referencing this post also with my questions 2 posts back.

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #2,812 of 3,142
Or, if someone has access to make plastic replicas of the part on a 3-D printer, we all would buy the little part here, and some extras just in case for the future !

Jul 7, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #2,813 of 3,142

a). Has anyone tried writing to JVC Victor Japan for this cover-plate part ? Maybe someone here who can write in Japanese language can find out how we can buy this simple part. Can any head-fier's help out, please with the communication & translation then to English here ?

Someone much earlier in this thread did manage to get a schematic of the headphone complete with all part numbers. Trying to find it though is going to be a job in hell.

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #2,814 of 3,142
  Have my set of HP-DX1000 for 2 months now and they are sensational, thanks to all who advised me here; I bought used.

Same problem happened on 1 side of my headband, same as member bubblegum experienced, and others too.

I wrote to JVC Victor America in English language hoping to buy this tiny simple cover part, but got no answer.

Three questions, please -

b). This headband looks very common among many other model headphones from other brands. Is there another brand (ex: Fostex, Denon or others) that uses the exact same headband as the HP-DX1000 ? If so, we can find the replacement part new or used or take another headband apart just for this little part. Anyone know if there is a matching part from a different brand ?

c). I'm afraid to remove the "good" side cover plate which is intact, but are there some flanges underneath that lock-in the cover plate ? My bad side cover-plate disintegrated and ended up in many pieces, so not sure if I lost something underneath, but mine looks just like bubblegum's does.

Thanks in advance.

Believe it or not, but even with the plastic piece half broken as shown on the photo (with just 1 screw), the headphone is usable without apparent indication that it will fall appart tomorrow.
Granted, it doesn't feel like a long term solution but at least I can still use it normally for now.
Now, what a long term solution could be, I do not know. Maybe I could glue the adjustable frame to the headband somehow.

Jul 7, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #2,816 of 3,142

Someone much earlier in this thread did manage to get a schematic of the headphone complete with all part numbers. Trying to find it though is going to be a job in hell.

Great reference... Thank You !!!,...found it...did a "search this thread"...it starts on page #94 (8/22/09) and goes thru page #96 (8/24/09), maybe further. Looks like posts #1403 thru #1418.

Maybe this can help us all... not sure if these fellows were actually able to get the part, and I think it is the same part "joint cover" J34369-003 (Right) and J34369-004 (Left), at $5 each + $12 shipping (in 2009).  Tried to clic on link to parts store accessories, but didn't work for me, maybe JVC site changed. Need time to dig in deeper with these part numbers. May PM a member or two if they were successful, after researching it more first.

Parts diagram is there in that earliest post ! I saved the image to a file to turn it, as it's sideways.  Will need some time to analyze diagram and read thru posts better. Not sure if the "parts store" is still running, but, these headphones are currently selling new, so with luck we may be able to get parts !

We may be getting somewhere now !

Jul 7, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #2,817 of 3,142
Think I found a way to get these parts (almost any JVC Victor headphone parts), but somehow need to confirm if part numbers for ordering are correct.

Think on diagram these cover plates are part 8 and part 9, but need to see if actual JVC part # J34369-003 and -004 (joint covers) correspond.

Will need more time.

Jul 8, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #2,818 of 3,142
Wrong part number...darn...still digging.

I may need the whole headband top just for the tiny piece I need. My piece is the cover plate with 2 screws on the inside of the headband directly touching the black headband leather.

HF member IceClass posted in need of same part in post # 1479 on 11/19/09 page 99. Part may be called a "hinge cover" possibly.

Still reading thread.

Jul 8, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #2,819 of 3,142

Well, think I struck out.

Here is the part needed that I am missing - this is actually the foto on thread posted from member bubblegum (post #2286).

Does anyone know how to get this part ? Or, what the JVC ordering part number is ? Not sure what it's called, ? hinge cover ? maybe.

Read thru much of the thread (not all) & a few of us broke or need same part - me, bubblegum, IceClass, dallan, maybe others too. Did anyone find the part ?

In the diagram on page 94 it doesn't itemize this cover plate and appears part 14 in diagram which is the whole top leather headband contains this piece.

Gosh, we would think since it screws on, it should be available as a seperate part.

Another part number J34367 popped up, posted by Infoseeker, but not sure if that is this part or something else.

A remedy is simply to wrap duct tape tightly around the part - it may possibly keep cup from dropping off & matches the silver color, but sad to do it cosmetically to such a nice set, yet may be only choice.

Guess option is to buy the top of the headband if it is available, probably costly. Does anyone know headband top ordering part number ?

Lots of posts in thread discuss using a different headband. Is there any other brand or models headbands which just simply snap right onto the DX1000 earcups and fit the cups perfectly ? And, how easy is it to snap these on & off ?

Lotsa parts are found on the JVC Accessory Store site and also on pacparts.com site. If we have the part number, maybe this piece can be ordered.

This JVC site does have some of the DX1000 parts, but we have to know part number. I can try calling the 1-800 telephone # to ask.

Bet they could sell a lot of these if available.

Any help appreciated !

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #2,820 of 3,142
Fingers crossed,...

Just emailed pacparts.com site since they do sell DX1000 parts. Don't have a parts number but described what's needed & gave them the part # for the nearest adjacent part (J34369-003 and -004).

Also asked if they have a parts list & diagram of those parts numbers.

Still hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back