JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Jan 27, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #2,867 of 3,142
It surely is annoying. Can't really fault jvc though. It is a 12 years old headphone. Serial number 0084. Besides the driver rattle and normal pad wear out everything else is fine. No cracks on the headband etc :)

12 years... seeing how much headphones have improved over the time and how these are still relevant headphones dx1000 are truly a masterpiece.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #2,868 of 3,142
  I've heard good things about pioneers. Unfortunately it is out of my budget. I'd like to keep it at $1000. Just out of curiosity, how close are the sound signatures? I mean that it is easy to find a headphone more realistic sounding than dx1000. Finding a headphone as fun is far more difficult. :) Euphonic sound with some extra bass and I even enjoy those reverbs some would call a flaw. (nad calls that room feel system).

If you can somehow save up and stretch your budget to the Pioneers then you won't regret it.

Yes you are paying almost double the price and the JVCs are closed back but the Bass and sub bass, midrange and treble on the Pioneers is a massive step up, and that's just the beginning. The clarity, vividness of the sound is incredible. 

I loved my DX1000 but the SEM1s are on a totally different level.

Jan 28, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #2,869 of 3,142

If you can somehow save up and stretch your budget to the Pioneers then you won't regret it.

Yes you are paying almost double the price and the JVCs are closed back but the Bass and sub bass, midrange and treble on the Pioneers is a massive step up, and that's just the beginning. The clarity, vividness of the sound is incredible. 

.......and the bass and soundstage?

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #2,871 of 3,142
I had t5p gen1 and did not think much of it. It is a nice headphone sure but nowhere as fun to listen as dx1000. Same reason I sold My t1. I doubt gen2 version is that much different. I liked Sony mdr-cd3000. But I sold those too because I got offer so good I could not justify owning both Sony and jvc anymore. Maybe I'll Look into z1r if the Price keeps coming down.

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #2,872 of 3,142

My DX1000s are disassembled right now, so I can't say, but I can say that listening to my SEM1s has yielded a greater sense of satisfaction and yearning to improve my chain than lisenting to my DX1000s have. The DX are great headphones and I won't sell them, but the SEM1s are very much better and I have bought whole new components just to realise their ability.

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #2,873 of 3,142

.......and the bass and soundstage?

When I compared the SEM1s to the HD800s, i found their soundstage to be similar but SEM1s have much more bass and sub bass. The HD800s also sounded veiled in comparison to the SEM1s, hence why every one who listens to the SEM1s describes them as having 
clarity, definition and vividness.

I paired them with the Sennheiser HDVD800 DAC/Amp and they just sound sublime.

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #2,874 of 3,142
I had t5p gen1 and did not think much of it. It is a nice headphone sure but nowhere as fun to listen as dx1000. Same reason I sold My t1. I doubt gen2 version is that much different. I liked Sony mdr-cd3000. But I sold those too because I got offer so good I could not justify owning both Sony and jvc anymore. Maybe I'll Look into z1r if the Price keeps coming down.

Really enjoy both the HP-DX1000 and MDR-CD3000. The Sony's timbre and instrumental tonality is remarkable. How would you say the sound differs between your MDR-SA5000 and CD3000 ? And, also, especially, how's the bass difference characterized ?

We still need to have someone with a 3D printer make the plastic part we all need for our DX1000 (part should also fit DX2000 and DX750, guessing). Folks would buy extras, and we'd count for a batch just here on HF. I didn't finish contacting all parts suppliers for the part, but so far struck out and have 3 or 4 more to contact, just got sidetracked from some months ago. Really wish JVC-Japan would help us out for such a small part, on headphones priced in their top level.

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #2,875 of 3,142
SA5000 and CD3000 don't have much in common. Like you said CD3000's timbre is indeed remarkable but SA5000 sounds quite unnatural imo. It is allmost as if someone had messed with eq. There are weird peaks here and there but it does bring up a lot of details and I feel that is the strongest point of SA5000. I felt that SA5000 is every bit as detailed as T5p and T1. Maybe even more so and definately a step up from likes of k701 and DT880. I can appreciate the clarity, details and sense of speed on SA5000 but honestly I'm not quite sure why I have not sold my pair yet. I can't say anything worth while about the bass compared to CD3000. When I had CD3000 I compared it mostly to T5p and DX1000. All I can say is that on SA5000 is bass light especially subbass does not extend low enough. Bass amount on CD3000 was sufficient.

I guess I should make up my mind about SA5000. Either mod it or sell it. Some people have had good result with quite simple mods. There definately is potential but Sony did not get it right imo. Strange design managed to get small soundstage of a closed headphone and weak bass of a open headphone. Z1r seems to have similar open but closed design, I hope they got it right this time. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #2,877 of 3,142
  It surely is annoying. Can't really fault jvc though. It is a 12 years old headphone. Serial number 0084. Besides the driver rattle and normal pad wear out everything else is fine. No cracks on the headband etc :)

12 years... seeing how much headphones have improved over the time and how these are still relevant headphones dx1000 are truly a masterpiece.

Guess you got your moneys worth.
beerchug.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #2,878 of 3,142

The JVCs (DX1000,FW01, DX2000) I love them, but I dont know how long I am going to keep my DX2000, It's about time to upgrade my portable rig.
frown.gif

p.s. guys if you still love the wood sounds of the JVC, I recommend you the JVC FW-01, to my ear, they sound better than the AKT8ie MKII, Listen to them side by side with the K0, I dont feel I need the K10 at all, the wood colored Mid really bring magic to the sound and the bass is big,  besides the price is right, they cost just under 500$,which is quite reasonable, compared to the iems price today 

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #2,879 of 3,142

The JVCs (DX1000,FW01, DX2000) I love them, but I dont know how long I am going to keep my DX2000, It's about time to upgrade my portable rig. :frowning2:  

p.s. guys if you still love the wood sounds of the JVC, I recommend you the JVC FW-01, to my ear, they sound better than the AKT8ie MKII, Listen to them side by side with the K0, I dont feel I need the K10 at all, the wood colored Mid really bring magic to the sound and the bass is big,  besides the price is right, they cost just under 500$,which is quite reasonable, compared to the iems price today 

I was always curious bout the dx2000..i can only find a few impressions or comparisons. Would you kindly share some brief impressions or comparisons with your other headphones..

Thanks

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #2,880 of 3,142
I was always curious bout the dx2000..i can only find a few impressions or comparisons. Would you kindly share some brief impressions or comparisons with your other headphones..

Thanks

I will try to compare them with my LCDX, but it may a bit of handicap to the DX2000, because I set my home system to suit my LCDX not the Dx2000 (I used to listen to an amp,which sound so good with the DX2000, but I haven't bought it yet). I will give my impression soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back