JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Aug 4, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #331 of 3,142
I decided that the DX1000 are keepers. They make me really happy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2008 at 11:40 AM Post #332 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All phones do improve with new cable

That is your opinion, not necessarily shared by everyone else, of course.

I had some cans recabled, with very good ($$$) popular-brand cables (no names), and did NOT like the sound compared to stock -- I found the stock cables on these cans sounded better to *my* ears.

Aug 4, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #333 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is your opinion, not necessarily shared by everyone else, of course.

I had some cans recabled, with very good ($$$) popular-brand cables (no names), and did NOT like the sound compared to stock -- I found the stock cables on these cans sounded better to *my* ears.

Let me guess, the lower and midbass became bloated compared with the rest of the spectrum?

Aug 4, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #334 of 3,142
Quote:

Let me guess, the lower and midbass became bloated compared with the rest of the spectrum?

No -- they rolled-off the highs too much.

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #335 of 3,142
Silverrain, when is your set due?
It will be interesting to hear your comments, I know that much earlier in this year (I think) you apparently ordered these then canceled. What made you change your position now?

Aug 5, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #336 of 3,142
I recently purchased two pair of these and my wife and son both refuse to wear them due to their size. So this means I have one pair that I am not going to keep. They have been tried on and listened to - for less than one hour. If anybody is interested, they are free to post a reply or PM me (but I am not too good at that as I don't really know how it works on this site, but I guess I can figure it out). For what it is worth, I cannot post a classified as I am too new to this site. I am on Audiogon and would be happy to list on that site for anybody's comfort. My username there is the same as here and I have 100% positive feedback 150 points. Kalamazoo, MI 49048.

I love these phones, but I am very limited in headphone experience so my opinion may not be that meaningful. I would probably consider a trade too.

Aug 5, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #337 of 3,142
Quote:

Silverrain, when is your set due?
It will be interesting to hear your comments, I know that much earlier in this year (I think) you apparently ordered these then canceled. What made you change your position now?

They came today, and are now burning-in.
Last year I canceled because of mixed comments about the mid-range.

Now that more peeps are saying they like them anyway, I decided it was time to try one, and see if I like it.

Aug 8, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #339 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided that the DX1000 are keepers. They make me really happy.
smily_headphones1.gif

100% agree.

For me it is finding that little something that had been missing in every other headphone I have ever listened to. Some inherit quality that pulls me in every single time.

Aug 8, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #340 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by holdendebeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ckoffend, What is the asking price?

I would assume you need to PM him for that.

Aug 9, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #342 of 3,142
Interesting that people that have LS Systems as usual get satisfied with only one pair of LS, why that doesn't work with headphones?
Are headphones so bad?
Or maybe we should more concentrate on the Music we listening to than on headphones we listening through?..

Aug 9, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #343 of 3,142
The headphones that I have listed on page 34 of this thread are sold and being delivered today by me, in person, to just outside of Ann Arbor. Perhaps this will allow for another (more experienced that I) headphoner to add some additional comments on these phones, which I really like.

Aug 9, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #344 of 3,142
Agogic, not sure if I can agree that LS owners have only one pair. While this may be truer with LS owners than headphone owners, mostly due to physical limitations, I know of many that have several pair of LS. I have owned about 8 pair of speakers in the past 18 months, all purchased for my own use and most all having stayed in my house for at least 3-6 months.

Ams, transports, preamps, tubes and cables may be a better comparison than LS, due to the size constraints. Personally, I think that is the beauty of cans, one can have a couple of pair, each being slightly different and better than the others depending on the type of music, mood, etc. . .

Faster and easier to change than anything but a CD itself - certainly faster to change than a record! Plus, in comparison they are not that expensive, typically about the same as a good pair of NOS tubes or a good cable.

Aug 9, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #345 of 3,142
I agree with the above. It's hard logistically (and in terms of expense) to have a lot of good speakers. It's not nearly as hard with headphones. So it's much easier to have some variety, which is fun. Also, $500 buys you a decent pair of speakers, nothing great. It buys you a world-class set of headphones, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back