JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Feb 25, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #2,221 of 3,142
  I completely agree that it is a special pair of unusual headphone. I sold mine a while ago but recently listen to a DX2000 in a store and was reminded how pleasurable and fun they are.

sometime the desire returns
the dx-2000 is pratically the same headphone?just more expensive?

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #2,224 of 3,142
I am impatiently  waiting for the DX3000...
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #2,225 of 3,142
I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm afraid that JVC might have done what sony did and stop making high end headphones. DX1000 has been flagship for a very long time. Sony's last attempt to make a high end headphone was mdr-sa5000.

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #2,226 of 3,142
Especially since the DX1000 didn't exactly break sales records...

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #2,228 of 3,142
I've always been curious about those cans.

Based on what you guys have said there they seem to be pretty quirky, and I like that.

If anyone here's looking for a temporary trade with an HD650, I'm in
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #2,229 of 3,142
With everybody right and left producing expensive headphones and the growing popularity of this hobby I would be very surprised if JVC hasn't' got something under the hood. I love the brand for its innovation and for producing unusual products.
Even Sony is rumoured to have a soon a new flagship to succeed its R10.

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #2,230 of 3,142
I hope you are right. I've been hoping that ha-sz2000 was some sort of a test run for jvc's new flagship. Would be awesome if someone finally got things right with multiple driver headphones. Maybe final audio design allready did with pandora, I have not yet heard that one. Definately sounds intriguing and innovative. Some people say that headphones have evolved alot, but compared to other technology I don't think so.

Portables and iems have sure come a long way but fullsize cans not so much. I love and appreciate what companies such as hifiman and audeze have done with the orthos but other than that not much has happened. Sennheiser came up with ring driver and beyerdynamic designed more powerfull magnet. Of course saying that is over simplifying things but seriously who can say that T1 is a huge leap from DT880? 

Most companies in headphone business are not that huge and are working on limited funds. Companies such as JVC, Sony, Philips and latest to enter the headphone game, Samsung...Could all create the best headphone ever if they decided to. If possible I would gladly support smaller business but the fact is that with more money you get things done. It's a real shame if companies like jvc and sony don't push the limits but instead settle on making products only for average consumer.

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #2,231 of 3,142
in the past, when brands like sony(es series), technics, pioneer, etc. etc. made high-end products, the other brands(with some exceptions) could only watch.
today, unfortunately, the tendency is to invest in the market of large numbers.

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #2,232 of 3,142
I am taking my DX1000 with me in my grave, they sometimes hangs for months without use, but I always return to them..

Maybe JVC is to honest to claim they have done something new and spetacular to their drivers, the truth is that there really has not happend much the last 20 years, if there had happend something groundbreaking in the teknologi a 10 year old headphone would sound terrible..

Just try sit down and watch a VHS tape on your big screen TV a lot of breakthroughs have been done in the visual tekonologi, but a 25 year old headphone still sounds good, there is a resaon for that...

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #2,233 of 3,142
  I am taking my DX1000 with me in my grave, they sometimes hangs for months without use, but I always return to them..

Maybe JVC is to honest to claim they have done something new and spetacular to their drivers, the truth is that there really has not happend much the last 20 years, if there had happend something groundbreaking in the teknologi a 10 year old headphone would sound terrible..

Just try sit down and watch a VHS tape on your big screen TV a lot of breakthroughs have been done in the visual tekonologi, but a 25 year old headphone still sounds good, there is a resaon for that...

nice post
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #2,234 of 3,142
sign me up for the club.  i am enjoying a new-to-me pair of dx1000s, and they are wonderful to enjoy music thru

Users who are viewing this thread

Back