JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
May 28, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #2,251 of 3,142
The cover even has a small clip for your nail, it is clearly a pop of construction. It does not need any tools. It is like it was made to be removed. Very easy when you look at it. And if you don't like it just pust the piece back on. It's like legos :)

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #2,254 of 3,142
Hi gents/ladies,

I'm very tempted to order the DX1000 after months of research. I understand the sentiment in this thread about the lack of popularity of JVC's flagship headphones. But in a mad world where Beats headphones are 'the popular' headphones, one should not judge a headphone's quality by its popularity.

I for one did not hear about the JVC's flagship headphones until last year when I started researching them.

I already have a few headphones namely then HD650, Grado SR325i and SR80.

I have never owned a pair of closed headphones but I love the timber sound of the Grados and the airy feel to the music. I also like the Bass they offer. The HD650's were not in the same league despite using an amp to drive them.

I also own a pair of JVC FX800 in ear headphones which i use everyday to work. 

My question to the forum is having been released now for almost 10 years, are the DX1000 still up there with recent releases from other manufacturers? If so, which ones are a match to them especially in the deep deep Bass department and timber sound feel.

I listen to all types of music particularly EDM and my budget is around  £500 to £600 max or $1000.

Many thanks.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #2,256 of 3,142
Is this a foldable head phone?  It looks like based on that ring, it can collapse to the top of the band?  Can someone let me know, as I'm interest in this

Also, I have 2 head phone, a 45 ohm Sony MDR-V600, and a 24 ohm, MDR-v900.  I use a portable CD player battery to push the Cd music to the above 2 headphone, I can't really tell a difference in the sound.

Now, people did tell me that the lower the impedance, the better it is for the battery to push good CD sound quality.
If I upgrade to the above natural wood DX1000, would a regular portable CD player or Hi MD player be able to push good Cd quality sound on a head phone of 64 ohm ?

Jul 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #2,258 of 3,142
  Is this a foldable head phone?  It looks like based on that ring, it can collapse to the top of the band?  Can someone let me know, as I'm interest in this

Also, I have 2 head phone, a 45 ohm Sony MDR-V600, and a 24 ohm, MDR-v900.  I use a portable CD player battery to push the Cd music to the above 2 headphone, I can't really tell a difference in the sound.

Now, people did tell me that the lower the impedance, the better it is for the battery to push good CD sound quality.
If I upgrade to the above natural wood DX1000, would a regular portable CD player or Hi MD player be able to push good Cd quality sound on a head phone of 64 ohm ?

No it is not, this is one huge headphone, only for home use.

Jul 25, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #2,261 of 3,142
Jul 25, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #2,262 of 3,142
So, happy hoping, if you intend to use ur DX1000 in the gym please make sure to get prepared for people laughing around you/at you big time. Joke aside, this is a pair of headphones designed and intended to be used ONLY inside! Even the cable is 3.5 meters long. Longer than the HD800 stock cable.

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #2,263 of 3,142
So, happy hoping, if you intend to use ur DX1000 in the gym please make sure to get prepared for people laughing around you/at you big time. Joke aside, this is a pair of headphones designed and intended to be used ONLY inside! Even the cable is 3.5 meters long. Longer than the HD800 stock cable.

Is it too early for a little pre-review ?

Jul 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #2,264 of 3,142

You're not wrong - wearing these cans looks like two half coconut shells stuck to each side of head - I lol'd at myself first time wearing these cans checking them with mirror.

As for anyone else looking to use these wooden earcup wonders in the gym - maybe you could use the already mentioned 3.5m cable as a skipping rope perhaps - lol - but seriously - don't do it or even consider the possibility - it has massive fail written all over it 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back