JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Jun 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #2,178 of 3,142
Quote:
Just got hold of a pair of these wonderful phones a couple of days ago!

Never harsh, always full sound, sounds amazing with everything I throw at them :)

I don´t think my LCD 2.2 will get very much head time from now on ^^

/ ChriG

Hope you still like them.

I had mine re terminated with ssssssilver wire and 3 pin BAXLR connectors years back.
Balanced listening with Headamp GSXMKii  is out of this world .

Tonight listening to Pedder Af  Ugglas  album Autumn Shuffle on Opus label

Can music sound this great ?   I am there , right there .
This man is a genius and the DX 1000 puts me right in the sweet spot.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #2,179 of 3,142
Hey everyone,

Has anyone here compare the dx1000 to the hd650? Sorry if it has been asked before....

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #2,180 of 3,142
I have them both, each has their purposes however i like the DX1000 much better.  Better detail, soundstage and bass for me.  It is more up on another level above like the HD800 comparison not the HD650.

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #2,181 of 3,142
i have both.
for best result with both(from my memory), you have to be careful with the system.
the two headphones have a dark signature and the jvc too much low frequencies.
i heard both in balanced mode for best rtesult and in the end i prefered the jvc dx-1000

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #2,182 of 3,142
I have them both, each has their purposes however i like the DX1000 much better.  Better detail, soundstage and bass for me.  It is more up on another level above like the HD800 comparison not the HD650.

i have both.
for best result with both(from my memory), you have to be careful with the system.
the two headphones have a dark signature and the jvc too much low frequencies.
i heard both in balanced mode for best rtesult and in the end i prefered the jvc dx-1000

Thank you guys.

The thing is, I really like the hd650. It is, in my opinion, still at the cutting edge when it comes to headphones. It does as many things right as any headphone out there (with some exceptions of course) without breaking the bank.

I've been looking for a rig lately and I've considered both. The dx1000 is more expensive but its reviews are somewhat analogous to the reviews of the hd650. Dark and fun (thus, not neutral). And as usual, curiosity rose and outshined rationality...

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #2,185 of 3,142
 Initially this phone appeared dark and lacked sparkle. In balanced mode and rewired with pure silver wire this has changed .
The top end shimmers without sibilance, if ever I have such a recording I try it with the DX1000 and the tizz is tuned out.
I ran the risk of losing bottom end but no, it tightened up and I still have gut wrenching sublime bass.

The pure palpability is such fun the Audeze 2/3  cannot match . Then there is the stage, I feel " there" .
I have not heard the Denons and would love to hear the new Fostex  but I could live with this sound forever .

Just listen to Joel Frederiksen  Requiem for a pink moon .

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #2,186 of 3,142
my second pair arrived a few days ago. Wanna keep them as virginal as possible, haven't even listened yet!!! Now i have both HA and HP versions... love makes us do these things 
blink.gif

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #2,190 of 3,142
Quote:
my second pair arrived a few days ago. Wanna keep them as virginal as possible, haven't even listened yet!!! Now i have both HA and HP versions... love makes us do these things 
blink.gif

If theres a difference in the sound quality, I'd like to get one too.
Do let us know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back