JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Apr 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #1,441 of 2,211
Apr 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #1,442 of 2,211

Quote:
Great!
Some of the best produced electronical music comes from Yello.
Try a track called Planet Dada [Flamboyant]
Listen after sounstage width and height, instrumental separation, harshness and sibilance.

Amanda Mair - Sense
Listen after flow, natural sound, air, slam in instruments, bass response, harshness in her voice. 

Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower
As above

got a chance to compare FXT90 and PK1.. disclaimer: I am a complete noob with reviewing/audio terms so feel free to correct any mistakes below

gear: iPod classic 160 GB -- iBasso CB07 LOD -- iBasso T3 -- FXT90/PK1

1. Jimi Hendrix: All Along the Watch Tower (ALAC)

FXT90 @ T3 volume 0.9
- drums:
- cymbals: much louder than PK1, to a point where it's fatiguing as it repeats through the entire song
- guitar: handles the rapid guitars note transitions slightly better (faster?)
- vocal:
- sound stage: width is about the same

PK1 @ T3 volume 2.1
- drums: more impact than FXT90
- cymbals: lower volume than FXT90
- guitar:
- vocal: slightly louder (more forward?) than FXT90
- sound stage: width is about the same

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #1,444 of 2,211

Quote:
Finally got the chance to listen to this... they are not for me :p It's all bass then treble then mids. Signing-off from this thread.

Funny... I hear the complete opposite. heh.

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #1,445 of 2,211
^Yeah same for me.  I wouldn't say they're neutral, but they're fairly balanced.  Mids are actually pretty nice.

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #1,447 of 2,211

Quote:
how do these compare to the ie7?

I'll listen to them back to back later to give a better impression, but off the top of my head/memory... IE7's have a larger, grander sound stage, stronger bass.  Sounds a touch warmer, as well.  The FX-T90's are cleaner up top and have less mid-bass.  Mids I think are slightly cleaner but are a bit closer to you.

I think the JVC are the cleaner, probably technically more capable 'phone, but the IE7's have a little bit more of an enjoyable, overall-perhaps "smoother" (?) presentation.

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #1,448 of 2,211
Just bought the fxt90s today from Futureshop. Comparing to the IE8 and MTPC the fxt90 has much better clarity, they actually make the mtpc sounded slightly muddy. However like mentioned by other owners, the treble is actually really fatiguing and sibilance is present. I just started burning them in so hopefully it would tame down the highs. 

And there's something about the fit on the left earphone, i've already went through my tips collection but i just couldn't get it to sit tight in my left ear. I tried putting the right earphone into my left ear and vice versa and it works, but it's just the left earphone that wouldn't fit well on both my ears.

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #1,450 of 2,211
I sold my pair of the FXT90s a couple months ago but when I saw these at FutureShop Canada the other day, I just couldn't resist not buying them again. This time they're here to stay 
smile.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #1,452 of 2,211

Quote:
Anybody have problems fitting a Comply T400 tip on the FXT90? Is it a smooth fit or do you have to struggle with it a bit? I found it's the latter for me, as the T400's opening is just slightly smaller than the FXT90's nozzle diameter.

T-500 would fit easier, but you can still do it.

You just have to soften the plastic stem.

Take some thin pliers, insert them inside the T-400 stem and open them gently to expand the stem from the inside.
Do that for a minute and the stem should get a bit more elastic, allowing you to install the tips more easily.

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #1,454 of 2,211
Hi, Requesting a picture of a FXT90 without the tips covering... I want to see the filter... I bought mine second-hand and it doesn't seem to have a filter.... 

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back