JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Apr 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #1,411 of 2,211
Thank you for this since you mentioned some of my favorite Artists (Led Zep, Supertramp, and Pink Floyd).

Your post helps me make a nagging decision.

Quote:
I tried Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Supertramp, Meatloaf, Dire Straights, Pink Floyd and more. In every case I have to be honest and say I disliked the FXT90 in comparison to the GR07, the MDR-7550. In fact I think (for me) I need to retract my statement about these being the best under $100. I actually liked the SE215 more even though the treble was a bit rolled off and I like my Denon 560R more as well.
Have you ever heard someone who over sings everything and comes across as shouting? That is kind of what I think of in regards to the FXT90. I hope this doesn't offend anyone that loves this headphone as it may be just my ears that hear these like this. I also have grown to used to higher end gear so may be just unwilling to accept $100 sound anymore (but I do like the SE215 and 560R more, both under $100).

Apr 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #1,413 of 2,211

Quote:
Would these be real ar fakes???
Ebay

those are real. Infact, its pretty darn hard to fake these headphones as one can visibly see the dual micro drivers in the headphones.  And they all come from osaka japan(mine did)

On a side note.  Does anyone find the highs kind of piercing at times??? I'm not sure if it is just a bright headphone, or the highs are just way to overpronounced.

Apr 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #1,414 of 2,211

Quote:
On a side note.  Does anyone find the highs kind of piercing at times??? I'm not sure if it is just a bright headphone, or the highs are just way to overpronounced.

I absolutely did, even after burn in, even with foam tips (JVC Olive knockoffs).  I ended up returning my FXT90s because piercing highs is just something I can't deal with.  

It's a real bummer because I got a smokin' deal on them.

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #1,415 of 2,211
Quote:
Would these be real ar fakes???
Ebay

those are real. Infact, its pretty darn hard to fake these headphones as one can visibly see the dual micro drivers in the headphones.  And they all come from osaka japan(mine did)

The highs are over pronounced in my mind, it is what was driving at in my earlier posts.

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #1,416 of 2,211

Quote:
The highs are over pronounced in my mind, it is what was driving at in my earlier posts.

I'm glad i'm not alone.  I mean its to the point where they actually HURT my ears on certain tracks.  Cymbals are god awful painful sounding.  

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #1,418 of 2,211

Quote:

It wasn't cymbals for me, but higher-pitched vocals, both female and falsetto-range male.  And yeah, totally painful at times.

other than the highs, I find them to be a great headphone.  They are a bit to bright... They are almost like TF10 bright.  The soundstage I find is way above average. Like sometimes I find myself checking the right or left earphone to make sure one of the drivers didn't just stop putting out bass.  The instrument placement is amazing enough to center even bass punch's slightly left or right!
basshead.gif

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #1,419 of 2,211
Took my pair to wOrk before returning them to the store and let a fellow have a listen. He put on a song and started to listen and abruptly ripped them from his ears due to pain from the treble, enough said..,

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #1,420 of 2,211

Quote:
Took my pair to wOrk before returning them to the store and let a fellow have a listen. He put on a song and started to listen and abruptly ripped them from his ears due to pain from the treble, enough said..,

haha I would have to agree. They are VERY bright sounding.  They are good for some songs. Painful for others.  I still find them to be one of my favorite sounding headphones.

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #1,421 of 2,211

Quote:

Wow dweaver. First you introduced me to the GR07, now you're saving me money. Thanks, guardian angel!

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #1,424 of 2,211

Quote:
I'm not sure if its something with the new production or anything, but my FXT-90s have extended treble, but the highs are in no way harsh/piercing/painful in anyway, and I am sensitive to sibilance.

Its not likely that they have a first or second revision.  The treble is way extended.  Which is totally cool. I love that type of sound signature.  Most of the screechy highs I get are in bad rips of songs. AKA: pirated.  Not to admit that I do that.
ph34r.gif
 on the contrary to the high treble and highs.  These are my favorite headphones. 

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #1,425 of 2,211

Quote:
I'm not sure if its something with the new production or anything, but my FXT-90s have extended treble, but the highs are in no way harsh/piercing/painful in anyway, and I am sensitive to sibilance.

I agree with this.  Yes, the treble is fatiguing after a while of listening, on some songs, but only a handful of times since I got them in December have I felt like the treble was harsh at all on these, and most of the time it's fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back