JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Jan 11, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #1,006 of 2,211
Thanks Nipit & Jiff
I love the clarity, soundstage and separation on the TF10 but I have found that sometimes they can be too detailed and the music just loses their 'fun' element. If the FXT90's are a little less detailed then they just may be ideal. About how much burn time do you think the FXT90's will need? If I don't like the JVC's I think I'm gonna get the Atrio MG7's and if they don't work I think I'm going to give up my iem search and just stick with my S4's :frowning2:

Jan 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #1,007 of 2,211

Quote:
Thanks Nipit & Jiff
I love the clarity, soundstage and separation on the TF10 but I have found that sometimes they can be too detailed and the music just loses their 'fun' element. If the FXT90's are a little less detailed then they just may be ideal. About how much burn time do you think the FXT90's will need? If I don't like the JVC's I think I'm gonna get the Atrio MG7's and if they don't work I think I'm going to give up my iem search and just stick with my S4's :frowning2:

The FXT90 still have very good detail just in a more fun and dynamic way.  I'm listening to them right now you can hear all the parts of a track with a more lively sound yet slightly less detailed than the TF10.  

As for burn in I had them on my computer for 24 hours straight but after that I just had to start listening to them and I'm glad I did because they sounded great.  I have probably close to 40 hours on them now and they sound more evened out now with the highs more inline with the other frequencies.

I think you'll enjoy the JVC's they way your describing what you want but if not worse case you return them, so good luck and let me know what you think of them if and when you get'em.

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #1,008 of 2,211
Quote:
Welcome and enjoy. If you prefer bi-flange tips I'd recommend the MEElecs, as they're the ones most other users have reported good results with. I've tried both the HFM and the MEElecs, and prefer the latter by a quite a bit. You can buy them here:

MEElectronics Original 'Balanced Sound' Double-flange Eartips (3 pieces set) (Gray)

Or, if you're interested in trading tips that you don't want for these, PM me.

Yes get the grey 'balanced sound' ones, I mistakingly ordered the black ones? they will collapse on me before I can get them fully inserted and seated into my ears? so they are pretty much usless for me, but since I have a few sets of the HFM large double-flange tips! YES! and they are most certainly well worth getting, although I use them for my EX600s, I will eventually be getting me some of these here FXT90s for certain! and then there are these tips http://www.earplugstore.com/ proguard-earportz-earphone-adapters.html, now they also have my attention, I have yet to order them and give them a try, in a week or two, I like the angle to them, and they are stateside, as opposed to here http://www.sensorcom.com/product.asp?P_ID=1334&strPageHistory=related so it will save me quiet a bit in shipping when I get around to oredering some,

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #1,010 of 2,211
Now that I let the fan boy like appreciation of the FXT90 settle down a bit I will not be selling my TF10's though I'm trading them for a month for some GR07's to a fellow head-fi'er.  They really complement each other very well and at the moment I'm not going to be getting anymore IEM's for a while but we all know how that goes.

The TF10 have that balanced detailed sound while the FXT90 is more lively and dynamic with a nice airy soundstage.  Both have good bass imo and I can't give the nod to one or the other in that fight.  One thing I will give the edge to the TF10 in is vocal presentation but the JVC is still very good.  I know the UE's have recessed mids to everyone but at least with mine their not that recessed at all and vocals are very prominent and with the FXT90 they have that dynamic airy feel which I like better with some tracks.

After all is said and done the FXT90 is easily on of the best values in IEM's.  A while back one of my first pairs of IEM's were the JVC Marshmallows and at the time I thought they were awesome (I didn't have a clue about mid and high end personal audio back then).  So thank you to everyone one head-fi for helping me get in to this fun all be it expensive and very addicting hobby.

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #1,011 of 2,211

Quote:
Oh ok.
Thanks anyway!

I am hoping that FXT90 will offer me something different from IE8.

Oh btw, anyone bought the limited edition fxt90L2, the one with the gold finish?
How did it look in real life?

Worth the extra dough? (eBay USD150 by yusukeya)

I got the gold ones and think they look awesome, to me it was worth a little extra. To add on what someone said earlier, microphonics are AWFUL when worn cable down. I have to wear them over ear, and sometimes they are annoying to fit that way. 

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #1,012 of 2,211
I finally received mine, and they sound great. Such a huge step up from my Er6i's. It was like hearing music for the first time.

. I used some MEE double flange today at the gym and they worked out pretty well. I think they are a little big, and I would prefer something with a deeper insertion as my right one fell out a few times. I need a bit smaller double flange I think.

I also have some Comply TS400's I will try, but I couldn't manage to get them all the way on, as it is a tight fit.

The stock medium fit pretty well, I may try that next time.

I do have a bit of driver flex on the right one. I have never heard driver flex before, but I can only assume what I am hearing is that. When I push it in my ear(when off) I can hear a sound almost like if you press on the center of a subwoofer, kind of like a clicking.

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #1,013 of 2,211

Quote:

I do have a bit of driver flex on the right one. I have never heard driver flex before, but I can only assume what I am hearing is that. When I push it in my ear(when off) I can hear a sound almost like if you press on the center of a subwoofer, kind of like a clicking.

Yea thats driver flex, I have mine on the left side but if I put them in slower while twisting them at the same time it doesn't happen so give that a try.  Its only when I insert them but when playing theres no cracking or popping at all which is good.

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #1,014 of 2,211
Am I interpreting this correctly: do people consider the L2 clear-cabled version to have worse microphonics? I suppose I could see that, with different cabling and all.

@Nulliverse - I'll take those MEE biflanges into consideration, absolutely. We'll see how I get along with the stock tips...

Excited!!!

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #1,015 of 2,211

Quote:
Am I interpreting this correctly: do people consider the L2 clear-cabled version to have worse microphonics? I suppose I could see that, with different cabling and all.

@Nulliverse - I'll take those MEE biflanges into consideration, absolutely. We'll see how I get along with the stock tips...

Excited!!!

Wait, REALLY??

I hope it's just color difference and not an entire re-cabling issue where it makes a difference in the already poor microphonics

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #1,016 of 2,211
After long thinking whether to choose FXT90 or GR07, I decided to jump aboard to FXT90 club, because I want to try the "fun" sound signature within.. 
Mine is FXT90 Gold Limited Edition 
cool.gif
, just arrived this afternoon..
etysmile.gif
 first impression: very good..
bigsmile_face.gif
 currently in burning process..
how long does it takes to fully burn this IEM? (I'm burning with FLAC tracks..)

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #1,017 of 2,211
Quote:
Those sensorcom/earportz tips only fit very fine nozzles like Westone, Shure and Earsonics. They will not fit Sony, Vsonic or JVC.

hey SS thanks much for the feedback I was kinda wondering about that, my next step was to taking a look at the Sures IEM nozzle that they use to display the tips with? though they do have a list for picking tips tool that lists Sonys EX300 & the EX500 nozzles as for fitting with the sensorcom earportz tips? which I thought had as large of a nozzle as the EX600s that I have? did you ever try the sensorcoms tips out on some IEMs that have a finer nozzle, if so what was you impression of them? I imagine not very good else you would have mentioned them with all of the tip talk going on here with the FXT90s,  but of course though they won't fit the larger nozzle of the FTX90s anyways, thanks for any further input, I'm mostly just curious now, as you mention they won't fit in using them with the EX600s
triportsad.gif
, thanks btw you saved me a few rubbles!

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #1,018 of 2,211

Quote:
After long thinking whether to choose FXT90 or GR07, I decided to jump aboard to FXT90 club, because I want to try the "fun" sound signature within.. 
Mine is FXT90 Gold Limited Edition 
cool.gif
, just arrived this afternoon..
etysmile.gif
 first impression: very good..
bigsmile_face.gif
 currently in burning process..
how long does it takes to fully burn this IEM? (I'm burning with FLAC tracks..)

For me, the most noticeable difference was at around 100 hours, where the treble became gradually more smooth and refined. The mids also seemed to retreat just a little, making the bass more noticeable. This gave me the impression of more balanced and cohesive sound.

Quote:
hey SS thanks much for the feedback I was kinda wondering about that, my next step was to taking a look at the Sures IEM nozzle that they use to display the tips with? though they do have a list for picking tips tool that lists Sonys EX300 & the EX500 nozzles as for fitting with the sensorcom earportz tips? which I thought had as large of a nozzle as the EX600s that I have? did you ever try the sensorcoms tips out on some IEMs that have a finer nozzle, if so what was you impression of them? I imagine not very good else you would have mentioned them with all of the tip talk going on here with the FXT90s,  but of course though they won't fit the larger nozzle of the FTX90s anyways, thanks for any further input, I'm mostly just curious now, as you mention they won't fit in using them with the EX600s
triportsad.gif
, thanks btw you saved me a few rubbles!

I used the Sensorcoms with both my SM3s and my PFEs, and rate them highly. I can confirm however that will def not fit the FXT90s. I'm actually using JAYS Silicons with mine now, and am very impressed the results. They're very comfortable and give the deepest insertion I've had yet. This brings the signature even more upfront, to the point where, for the first time, I'd refer to them as aggressive. Very good tips for death metal, I must say.

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #1,019 of 2,211
Where can you buy the jay's replacements?

I'd like to try the Monster supertips, but I am not thrilled about having to spend $20 on a sampler pack..

Also anyone have any tips on getting the Comply's on?  They seem to only go on about 80% of the way.

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #1,020 of 2,211

Quote:
Where can you buy the jay's replacements?

I'd like to try the Monster supertips, but I am not thrilled about having to spend $20 on a sampler pack..

Also anyone have any tips on getting the Comply's on?  They seem to only go on about 80% of the way.

Amongst other places, you can get the JAYs on Ebay.

What Complys are you using? The Ts-400s should fit just fine.

I feel the same about Monster supertips... just too damn expensive. I actually brought my last pair super-cheap, from a fellow headfier... though unfortunatly they're too big (large). If you're like to trade something for them, PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back