JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Dec 3, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #766 of 2,211

Quote:
The most interesting thing I have discovered about the FXT90 is that unlike most other IEMs I have tried, this JVC is the "least" tip dependent. All it asks of you is that you provide it with a tip that has wide diameter to give it room to spit fire! With that said, I've found so many tips compatible with the FXT90 (each one putting it's on little splash or twist on this JVC's sound signature. Now, I thought I was happy with the IE8' s double-flange, but decided to slip these thicker blueish UE silicon onto the FXT90 since I could see they fit. Wow!! Another match made in heaven...Tighter bass , great instrument separation....Nice balance and mixture of the highs....and great great micro-details.. Wonderful!! I'm using the medium/large...

Hi ericp10, the UE tips I have looks more like greyish in colour. Are we talking about the same tip here? Would you mind posting pics for reference?
Thanks

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #767 of 2,211
It's been about a week of using these and they still sound perfect!  Although I have begun to notice the driver flex thing people have been mentioning.  Like someone else said though, I really can't see what's the big deal about it since it only happens when I push them very hard into my ear, and it's hardly an alarming sound.  If driver flex can kill a driver I guess there is reason to be worried though.  However I haven't ever experienced diminished sound after the sound or any weird effects of the sort.

In any case, drums, vocals, and strings sound especially great on these.  And instrument separation is another definite strength.

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #768 of 2,211

Sounds much better with the uncompressed recording but this is pretty good.  Remember 480p!

Dec 3, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #769 of 2,211

Quote:
It's been about a week of using these and they still sound perfect!  Although I have begun to notice the driver flex thing people have been mentioning.  Like someone else said though, I really can't see what's the big deal about it since it only happens when I push them very hard into my ear, and it's hardly an alarming sound.  If driver flex can kill a driver I guess there is reason to be worried though.  However I haven't ever experienced diminished sound after the sound or any weird effects of the sort.

In any case, drums, vocals, and strings sound especially great on these.  And instrument separation is another definite strength.

Minor driver flex won't hurt it.  Many dynamic driver earphone experience it upon insertion.  As long as sound isn't diminished, it's ok other than being annoying.

Dec 3, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #770 of 2,211

Quote:
Hi ericp10, the UE tips I have looks more like greyish in colour. Are we talking about the same tip here? Would you mind posting pics for reference?
Thanks

Hello Leo... I would have to find and dig out the camera for that. But these are the tips that just came with the TF10 I just got last week. They are definitely blueish in color. How long ago did you get your UE tip, and with which model of IEM?

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #774 of 2,211
these finally broke in and the sound signature is definitely unique. i can start listening to them at high volumes now. just wondering at what volume level you guys usually listen at? most of the time i'm using 10-20% of my overall volume control from laptop/ blackberry. but at 30-40% these can sound even better. due to the low impedance, i think even 30% might damage your ear in the long run.

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #775 of 2,211

Quote:
Hello Leo... I would have to find and dig out the camera for that. But these are the tips that just came with the TF10 I just got last week. They are definitely blueish in color. How long ago did you get your UE tip, and with which model of IEM?.

Hi ericp10, thanks for trying to help here. Have done some googling and I think it should be the same tips as it does have a slight blue hue colour tone to it upon closer inspection. Thanks.

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #776 of 2,211

Quote:
I got my box deal $8.99 Monster gel and foam hybrid samplers. I didn't know that Monster reshaped the gels to be more oval shape than the ball shape of the original ones. These gels fit much much better!! I'm using the small/medium gels, and the isolation and sound are both great. The FXT90 just likes so many tips. I'm going to try the small gels next.. I already know the effects of the foam hybrids.... Here's to Monster.

Hi ericp10, can you kindly describe  the difference you get from the gel tips compared to the foam ones. Thanks.

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #777 of 2,211

Quote:
Hi ericp10, can you kindly describe  the difference you get from the gel tips compared to the foam ones. Thanks.

Hello Leo... I think I only tried the gel tips briefly, so I will have to give it another go. From recollection however, I think the gel tips deepen the bass a little bit more than the foam tips (you won't be bass-shy with the foam). I think you get a full scale on micro details with the foam hybrids though. I really have to try again. The last couple of days I've been concentrating on my full FA-011 headphones and my custom 1964-Q with my Fiio E10 and Fiio E10/E9 combo..

Dec 4, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #778 of 2,211
I consider mine defective due to the connector's bad contact. I tried  to solve it myself, because most of the time I'm twisting the jack to find where it works properly.

I'll need to find an electronics shop to replace the jack, since due to customs, cost and everything, it's too expensive to return it...

Dec 4, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #779 of 2,211
Anyone else tried the meelec biflanges (as shown here) on the T90's? They work quite well. They allow for a deeper insertion, and I find them extremely comfortable, especially with the T90's worn over the ear, in reverse L & R orientation of course.

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #780 of 2,211
So just got my HA-FXT90's through... and wow.... I'm seriously impressed.
These are by far the most I've shelled out on a set of headphones and by far the best sound I've ever heard.
I mean I'm coming from things like the CX-300's then onto the  Klipsch S4i's and then the Shure SE102's.... these things (JVC's) blow them out of the water.

And that's straight outta the box, maybe it's because I was slightly anxious that they wouldn't sound all that great... and the fact that they do has impressed me so much.

But yeah, I'm really liking these a lot, the clarity... the bass, everything.

Granted I'm like 30 mins in and have only listened to things like Kruder and Dorfmeister and Thievery Corporation and a bit of reggae :)
Next some rock, then acoustic and the some classical... a bit of jazz and then.... well who knows, eh?

But yes, so far soooo good.

Also seen a few people mention different tips to use with these, I'm in the UK.. does anyone have any ideas where to get some different tips?
I've seen on ebay a few different one's, would these be OK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back