JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Nov 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #601 of 2,211
Well the Comply tips are growing on me, they are fantastic and really compliment the FXT90's so I think I'm just gonna keep em 
redface.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #602 of 2,211
The vent is between the black rubber stem and pointy plastic casing (the side without the lettering). I finally found it. It's a pretty decent size vent to be hidden so well.

Nov 20, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #604 of 2,211

Quote:
I don't think it is indicative of a bad set.  Some models of phones are known to have more driver flex than others.  I believe non-vented sets will be more prone to it than vented.  I think the FXT90's have very small vents towards the back of the housings.  If it was vented more, I'd suspect driver flex would be nill.  I returned the one set b/c it did it if I moved the housing in the slightest and I could hear it over the music.  It made it impossible to make much movement without hearing it.

Hi shotgunshane, I recieved my L2 yesterday and having driver flex on the right driver with medium stock tips but not with the small tips. In your experience do you think whether driver flex will have any undesirable effects on the phone.

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #605 of 2,211
any news on a worldwide release? hate to order from outside of the EU for fear of custom duties etc...

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #609 of 2,211
Sometimes, customs open the parcels and check if the value of the goods worth the price marked.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #611 of 2,211
No sarcasm, it really never occurred to me, that's all :)

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #612 of 2,211

Quote:
Hi shotgunshane, I recieved my L2 yesterday and having driver flex on the right driver with medium stock tips but not with the small tips. In your experience do you think whether driver flex will have any undesirable effects on the phone.

No, I don't think so unless it is severe and affects the sound like i2ehan described.  Other than that is just an annoyance.  If the annoyance is minor and you can live with it, it shouldn't be anything to be concerned about.  It occurs from pressure build up between your ear and the driver and usually vents let that pressure out.  If you can find other tips that sound just as good but don't aid the pressure build up, then you are good to go.

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #614 of 2,211

Quote:
Find a high quality recording of Tower of Power's "You're Still A Young Man...." The layering of the instrumentation is something else in these FXT90s!! Loving it!

Man, I'm loving Tower of Power right now - 'Souled Out' and 'It Really Doesn't Matter' sound fantastic in FLAC through my M-stage and FXT90s - Just tried the Miracles as a comparison and the FXT's are jealous and sobbing in the corner - I forgot how amazing these UM's are...
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back