JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
May 23, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #2,116 of 2,211

Yea tom... got it off from the same link. 54$ with shipping. the great thing is the speed of shipment. read your reviews on the night of 20 april and ordered online and the headphones were at my door on the 28th of april shipped from Hong Kong.

I tried looking around for the limited red version, unfortunately i couldnt find them anywhere on ebay :frowning2:

btw... 1 thing i want to add is that i dont think these headphones are anything less on bass.
i come from jvc fx101 xx, the famed bass monsters but i can surely say that the jvc fxt90 has a very very good response and where it scores the most is the quality of that response and how well that bass is controlled and delivered.

to put things in perspective, i would chose the fxt 90s over the fx101s anyday even if i feel bass hungry :D it is thaaaat good
basshead.gif

Hey max414, I've always been tempted to get the FXT90s but the price was a limiting factor for me but I see you got them for a really good price so now I'm tempted to get them too!

I just checked out the link you got yours from. It says the item does not come in its original packaging and I've also noticed that the JVC embossing is not like in the official pictures, especially the 'C'. Before I pull the trigger, I just want to make sure this is the original product and not a fake one.

Is there any indication whatsoever that this is a fake? Judging by the way you are thrilled with the sound, I'm inclined to think it's probably an original but I'd rather check with you nonetheless.

Jun 2, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #2,117 of 2,211
Anyone else tried the Aurisonics tips from the PVC tubing-ish material with these? I don't actually use them with my Aurisonics phones but the smalls on the fxt-90's is a fantastic match for me, I think because they don't have a lot of stem from earphone nozzle to end of the tip, so it's fitting really close to my canal, plus they get a really good seal... for some reason it's sounding a little less 'grainy' than in the past- then again, I never burned them in so maybe I've just hit a critical point in my regular use...

Jun 2, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #2,118 of 2,211
I've never seen or heard of those particular tips before. Is there any way you can upload a picture or two of 'em, now that you've made me curious?

Jun 15, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #2,119 of 2,211
  I've never seen or heard of those particular tips before. Is there any way you can upload a picture or two of 'em, now that you've made me curious?

Sure thing- I think they are actually a bit disliked by most people, but I find them occasionally useful, as with a good fit they form an almost sticky kind of seal (one of the problems people have with them is they sometimes pull off the earphone and stay in the ear). I'm usually a medium, and with the sureseal medium tips the fxt90 sound pretty close to stock tips for me, as mentioned I think the closer fit of the smalls is working in my favor.

That said idk if it's enough of an improvement to order the tips on their own, but if you want the Aurisonics sells them for $18 single size or $20 for a sampler pack: http://aurisonics.com/product/sureseal-tips/

Jun 15, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #2,120 of 2,211
Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. 

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #2,121 of 2,211
How do these compare with the Havi B3 Pro 1, especially when it comes to soundstage?
(I really like Havi's huge 3D soundstage)

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #2,122 of 2,211
How do these compare with the Havi B3 Pro 1, especially when it comes to soundstage?

There's no comparison. The B3P1 pounces on the FXT90 on layering, dynamics, soundstage size and separation.

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #2,123 of 2,211

The Havi is not "all that". It must be amped. (See Wokei's visual review of the B3). You have to spend hours tip rolling to get a good fit OR good sound. You look like Frankenstein when you wear it. The B3 does not stay in place in your ear if you are moving around. The B3 has awesome soundstage. Awesome soundstage. Really awesome soundstage. All in all, I'd take the FXT90 over the B3 any day of the week. I'd also take the Carbo Tenore over the Havi B3, too.

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #2,124 of 2,211
The Havi is not "all that". It must be amped. (See Wokei's visual review of the B3). You have to spend hours tip rolling to get a good fit OR good sound. You look like Frankenstein when you wear it. The B3 does not stay in place in your ear if you are moving around. The B3 has awesome soundstage. Awesome soundstage. Really awesome soundstage. All in all, I'd take the FXT90 over the B3 any day of the week. I'd also take the Carbo Tenore over the Havi B3, too.

It must be amped OR you have to be running a formidable DAP. I'd imagine 90% or more of the Head-Fi community has one or both covered. Some people might need to tip roll for hours; others will find a perfect fit right away. This claim is blown completely out of proportion. The B3P1 is a zero-profile IEM. You might be thinking of the ZA Duoza. How stable the Havis are will depend on the seal you get from your tips.

I no longer own the FTX-90s but I have the B3P1s. I wouldn't make the trade for an extra $20. The B3P1 is akin to the RE-400 in signature, albeit with a FAR better sound stage, separation, and 3D imaging.

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #2,125 of 2,211
It must be amped OR you have to be running a formidable DAP. I'd imagine 90% or more of the Head-Fi community has one or both covered. Some people might need to tip roll for hours; others will find a perfect fit right away. This claim is blown completely out of proportion. The B3P1 is a zero-profile IEM. You might be thinking of the ZA Duoza. How stable the Havis are will depend on the seal you get from your tips.

I no longer own the FTX-90s but I have the B3P1s. I wouldn't make the trade for an extra $20. The B3P1 is akin to the RE-400 in signature, albeit with a FAR better sound stage, separation, and 3D imaging.

Having an amp does not magically change an earphone into a mobile lifestyle-friendly unit. That is where I am coming from and where most people are these days. Having read the B3 OT threads, tip rolling sure sounds like a common rite of passage for anyone using the B3 and reflects MY experience as was noted in my first reply. I don't see how that is "blown out of proportion ". Maybe for you the B3 is zero profile, but not for me, or for a number of other users if their posts are honest. For you to suggest I mean the Douza instead of the B3 is more than a bit disingenuous. I don't have or want the RE400. I cannot make any comparisons to that earphone. That may be helpful to the O P, though.

Jun 25, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #2,126 of 2,211

personally i found the b3 pro 1s to be stable, didn't have them fall out of ears (ever, really) but i can definitely see why you prefer the earphones you listed over the havis. Even though i like the havis, i prefer a bit more fun and a bit more bass, i wouldn't necessarily put the fxt90s ahead of them. but i wouldn't say its far behind.

the fxt90s are much more user friendly, no amp/ no extra volume, no over ear fit. just slip and go. and i personally found the fxt90s to be ready to go right out of the box, not much tip rolling necessary.

i can agree with you that the havis are close in character to the re400s, i had a comparison video on them a while back. but personally i like the re400 > havis. but not because it has a better soundstage, separation and imaging.

it has a richer bass (not a huge boost), the midrange is a not as thin, and bit more forward, with a smooth treble.

plus i can't see anyone having fitment issues with the re400 (their soo tiny!) and they isolate better,m, and you can wear them straight down  (which is a plus for some people).

but that said the havis are better built. compare to the featherweight build of the re400s

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #2,127 of 2,211
Having an amp does not magically change an earphone into a mobile lifestyle-friendly unit. That is where I am coming from and where most people are these days.

This is a matter of perspective, and as such I answered it from my own. I never leave home without my FiiO X1, which is perpetually Velcroed to my Topping NX1. I consider a two-inch-thick DAP/amp stack to be perfectly "mobile lifestyle friendly." I never meant to imply that others had to see it that way; I just don't understand why anyone would own portable amplifiers (as many of us do) if they're not, you know, acceptably portable.

Originally Posted by H T T /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Having read the B3 OT threads, tip rolling sure sounds like a common rite of passage for anyone using the B3 and reflects MY experience as was noted in my first reply. I don't see how that is "blown out of proportion ".

Again, this is a matter of personal experience. I didn't even bother with the B3P1 stock tips, and instead switched them out immediately for JVC Spiral Dots, which sounded wonderful right away. Since then I've found that both Sony Hybrids and SpinFits work very well with the Havis--although the Hybrids exaggerate bass anemia. SpinFits bring out worlds more detail without starving the lower frequencies, so they've become my go-to tips for the B3P1. Like many people here, I own a ridiculous assortment of random silicone and Comply tips; it took me minutes to find some that do the Havis justice, and I posted accordingly. As they say here, "YMMV." Evidently ours did.

You look like Frankenstein when you wear [the B3P1] . . . [and m]aybe for you the B3 is zero profile, but not for me, or for a number of other users if their posts are honest. For you to suggest I mean the Douza instead of the B3 is more than a bit disingenuous.

dis·in·gen·u·ous
(disənˈjenyo͞oəs)
adjective
       not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

Traditional depiction of Frankenstein's Monster (note the bolts):

Havi B3 Pro 1 inserted:

Zero Audio DWX-10 Duoza inserted:

I didn't mean to be so disingenuous by actually being right. I'm sorry. As an owner of both of these fine IEMs, I kind of knew what I was talking about.

Quote:

I don't have or want the RE400. I cannot make any comparisons to that earphone. That may be helpful to the O P, though.

That's entirely fine, and entirely your prerogative. I wasn't trying to push my preferences onto you, but was merely offering a different perspective on the B3P1's qualities and value. It seems that you took that rather personally for some odd reason. Hopefully we can just move on now?

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #2,129 of 2,211
Still selling my Red Limited Edition FXT90s if anyone is interested.

Aug 31, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #2,130 of 2,211
Hey guys, I've looking for a good IEM for metal music to be used for commuting. That's how I came to this thread, as I heard that the 90 was great for metal. My questions is whether I should get the FXT90, or the more expensive FXT200/LTD or another IEM instead that is under $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back