JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Jan 21, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #1,996 of 2,211
They arrive tomorrow. Really looking forward to the journey. I owned Yamaha NS-1000M Studio Monitors for years after working at Harvey Electronics and Rabson's both in Manhattan. These were the Beryllium dome parents of the NS-10M. I've always been enraptured with Yamaha's musical roots and they way they crossfeed the collective expertise and experience of their engineering departments across their product lines.

My good sir, if you get a good fit/seal, you are going to be enthralled with the sheer musicality of the EPH-100. Congrats! Let us know what you think?

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #1,997 of 2,211
My good sir, if you get a good fit/seal, you are going to be enthralled with the sheer musicality of the EPH-100. Congrats! Let us know what you think?

Will do. I found it interesting that Golden Ears gave them four stars for how they respond to their adjustments. Told me that this micro driver is a true Yamaha monitor. That intrigued me. As did your comments, which where the impetus of my decision. If you can't trust the erudite recommendations on a pair of IEMs from a guy with the username IEMagnet01 who can you trust?

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #1,998 of 2,211
Will do. I found it interesting that Golden Ears gave them four stars for how they respond to their adjustments. Told me that this micro driver is a true Yamaha monitor. That intrigued me. As did your comments, which where the impetus of my decision. If you can't trust the erudite recommendations on a pair of IEMs from a guy with the username IEMmagnet01 who can you trust?

You will be pleased , or you can come back here and tell me off and call me crazy lol

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #2,000 of 2,211
I just corrected the typo I placed in your screen name. Apologies.

Sad story. Bought EPH-100s from Amazon. New. $149.00. They arrived used impacted with earwax and missing accessories. They're sending a new pair in a sealed box Friday. Devastated.

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #2,001 of 2,211
+1

The bass control is second to none on the EPH, probably why they're so good with EDM.

That micro-driver is an absolute peach.

You NEED to hear them, the tight bass is one of their main qualities. Have no idea who was telling you that its uncontrolled/undisciplined.

One thing is certain, the EPH-100 slays the FTX90. Grabbed some complys I'd bought in advance, did a sterilizing job on the IEMs and gave them a spin. Whoah!!!

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #2,005 of 2,211
I really loved these IEMs.  Just a fun set to listen to, especially at the gym and with rock.  They were pretty detailed as well considering the 'thick' sound signature they have.

And they were a steal at 90 dollars on Amazon.

Unfortunately someone stole mine about three weeks ago.
mad.gif

I ended up replacing them with a pair of Hifiman re-400s, which I also like, but I would definitely think about picking up another pair of these in the future.

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #2,006 of 2,211

hello ppl im new to this iems and i need a suggestion
living in turkey and dont have much choice of brands i found these headphones on the store but dont have to chance to listen them.

now im using HTC One and need a headphones for it mostly listening electronic-dubstep hiphop and pop musics 

could you guys tell me is this the one headphones that i need or at least i will be ok with this or should i look something else

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #2,007 of 2,211
Depends what kind of sound you like. It has strong upper mids that may be a bit biting if your ears are sensitive there, but they're pretty punchy and have a good soundstage. The bass isn't particularly good powerful, but for electronic music they'll give a good amount of detail and space. Also, they're very comfortable. How much do they cost over there?

EDIT: didn't mean to type 'good', lol.

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #2,008 of 2,211
around 130$ with taxes in here the problem is even if its not that strong i still want the hear the basses specially when i listening dubsteps and hip-hop i read most of the comments but they'r  very varied and im not sure what will i listen with it
some of the reviews says it has no bass and some of the revievs says it has basses but not that strong and some of it says its has basses like no other headphones :D its confusing :D

Feb 15, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #2,010 of 2,211
  around 130$ with taxes in here the problem is even if its not that strong i still want the hear the basses specially when i listening dubsteps and hip-hop i read most of the comments but they'r  very varied and im not sure what will i listen with it
some of the reviews says it has no bass and some of the revievs says it has basses but not that strong and some of it says its has basses like no other headphones :D its confusing :D

Did you check out some of the product reviews on here?  They are pretty favorable.  You'll hear bass just fine.  It's decently strong but not overwhelmingly so.  They are a very fun sounding headphone but also preserve a good amount of detail.  Different ears are going to hear different things.  A reviewer could be coming from a more bass heavy phone or from a more neutral and accurate one, hence the conflicting reviews.  I would describe the bass as 'full bodied' and overall signature to be a somewhat u-shaped one.

They are fairly comfortable.  The carbon nanotube drivers take awhile to loosen up.  Mine didn't really start to sound great until a couple of months after purchase.

For $130, you might want to also check into the Yamaha eph-100.  That's a bit expensive for the fxt90s (I paid 90 dollars on Amazon).  

Check out this review by jokerl on here (it is review # 2B13):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-310-iems-compared-dunu-dn-1000-added-02-12-14-p-862#post_6492055

Users who are viewing this thread

Back