JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Oct 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #76 of 2,211
I think you'll like them a lot, since you were a fx700 fan.

I won't inbox you until I get to try the Fischer Tandems or my UM Merlin's come in, whichever is first. Oh did I mention digiZoid is accepting preorders for ZO v2? 
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #77 of 2,211
Evil !! lol

The FX700 was my favorite universal for a long long time, period.

Oct 22, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #78 of 2,211
Looking forward to your take. It's surely different from the stuff you have, it's like a combination of the FX700 and DDM in a small package. 

Seems there was an increase in demand, AccessoryJack increased their price by 5$. Updated my link on the first page as the previous page expired due to AccessoryJack's website being revamped. 

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #80 of 2,211

Quote:
Buyfromjapan on eBay has them for about $116 plus $20 shipping or something close to this. They claim to be an authorized dealer too. 

This is where I bought mine from...but for $114 and $18 shipping... So we will see.... They have lots and lots of positive feedback.

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #81 of 2,211
FXT90L2 is set to be released on November 10. It's basically just a limited edition color scheme in champagne in celebration of JVC's merge with Kenwood. Looks nicer than the previous red limited edition (imo). The transparent, smokey plastic seems clearer than the previous models, which exuberates the copper shell inside. I'm hoping they release a mic version in the near future, I'll buy one of those in a heartbeat. 

**added BuyFromJapan to the Buying Guide.

Oct 23, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #83 of 2,211

Quote:
FXT90L2 is set to be released in early November. It's basically just a limited edition color scheme in champagne, looks nicer than the previous limited edition (imo) which was red. It's supposedly a celebration of JVC's merge with Kenwood.

I agree.  The red cable actually looks a little pinkish in person.

Oct 23, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #86 of 2,211

Quote:
Are the colored cables as supple as the black cable?

I don't know how the standard black cable feels.  But the colored cable is thinner and softer than Meelec M6-CL's cable, and tangles less than Turbine's.

Oct 24, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #88 of 2,211
Being that the RE262 falls in the same price bracket & seems to share more than a few similarities in terms of sound, how does an (amped) RE262 compare to the FXT90?  More specifically, I'm looking for comparisons in soundstage, clarity, timbre, detail & dynamics.

Sorry, I kind of missed this. Been a whiles since I heard the RE262...Comparing an amped RE262 to a non amped FXT90 wouldn't be a proper comparison. Not because it's unfair but because the sources will have different colors that attribute to the sound. I didn't amp either one, the RE262 doesn't need amping for performance just for volume, the driver itself is quite efficient due to it's high sensitivity. Personally, the high impedance seems like an attempt to force amplification and it is why I have overlooked the product. Soundstage width is better on the FXT90, while depth is better on the RE262 despite a very competent one in the JVCs (and soundstage depth=dynamic range). The RE262s have more clarity and instrument separation and handles subte details a tad better than the JVCs. Timbre is great on both and quite different, they're both slightly colored in different ways and actually trade each other off in this aspect.   

Oct 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #89 of 2,211
So my FXT90 is on the way, sent by some sort of Japanese slow snail mail (probably why shipping is so slow). They said to expect delivery anywhere from one to three weeks. I'm patient. I switch every other day between the GR07, W4 and 7550 (the Quads mainly for weekend and nighttime listening). My ears love me and my wallet still isn't speaking to me.
confused.gif
.... I hope to make it to my wallet sometime soon before newer custom items come out...lol

Oct 24, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #90 of 2,211
Quote:
So my FXT90 is on the way, sent by some sort of Japanese slow snail mail (probably why shipping is so slow). They said to expect delivery anywhere from one to three weeks. I'm patient. I switch every other day between the GR07, W4 and 7550 (the Quads mainly for weekend and nighttime listening). My ears love me and my wallet still isn't speaking to me.
confused.gif
.... I hope to make it to my wallet sometime soon before newer custom items come out...lol

Would love to hear your impressions of them and maybe comparisons to the GR07 and W4. I came really close to buying these but went with the FI A1's instead. Might end up getting these too though depending on how the A1's turn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back