JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Nov 4, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #241 of 2,211
Eric,  If you get a chance try the white tips that I sent you on the FXT90.  I am listening now, and I'm thinking the FXT90 is taking a run at the drums and low end of the GR07 low end.  Listening to "Polly Come Home", from "Raising Sand", but my other test tracks are trying to tell me their is competition here.  I need another opinion though.  These tips equal or better the bass from the Supertips.

The white tips fit the nozels on the FXT90 better than the Jays.  They are slightly larger than the Jays large, and I get a better seal, that maybe why I think the bass/low end is better.  The Wild Colonials, "Heaven and Hell", sounds very much like it does on the GR07.  I'd give the edge to the FXT90 on strings as well as horns over the GR07. 

Just switched tracks to Holly Cole, "One Trick Pony", great track for bass, wow, all the detail and texture!  I would have paid much more for these if I had to......

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #243 of 2,211
Hi guys, my first post here and need some thoughts from you guys towards my next purchase.
I have owned a pair of CX300 for 2 years now and have always enjoy the PRaT and musicality it delivers but the it lacks refinement, clarity, soundstage and extension of high/low frequencies.
From earlier post, I've read thru the earlier post and reviews and feels that FXT90  may be what I'm looking for to replace my CX300.
Would appreciate any thoughts or anyone who have owned/heard the CX300  share some thoughts if this would be a good upgrade.
Thanks

Nov 4, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #246 of 2,211

Quote:
^What are these white tips?

I sent a pair of these to ericp.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002W8N5ZU/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

He may not have them yet, I need an experienced set of ears like eric to evaluate.  But I like them, especially on the FXT90.  Still have the Jays on my GR07 (Jays beat these out there), and Jays on my new 7550, but they are still on burn in.   My ears are telling me they are very very good on the FXT90, but I lack the experience of those on this forum.

I like them because they have a slightly thicker silicone makup, and they are slightly larger, than the other large tips that I have.  They seal very well for me, thus the better low end, I think???  I have invested alot in various tips over the time I have had with earphones.  I think it is paying off, but just my opinion.  These tips give me better low end than the Jays (on FXT90), and they take just a tiny bit of the upper upper end tinkle away. They don't take away from the rest of the sound spectrum like I thought the supertips did.  I continue my evaluation though, things can always change with this hobby.........

Nov 4, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #247 of 2,211

Still waiting on those tips (hope I gave him the right address...lol). Will compare when they get here. And thanks, my friend.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Eric,  If you get a chance try the white tips that I sent you on the FXT90.  I am listening now, and I'm thinking the FXT90 is taking a run at the drums and low end of the GR07 low end.  Listening to "Polly Come Home", from "Raising Sand", but my other test tracks are trying to tell me their is competition here.  I need another opinion though.  These tips equal or better the bass from the Supertips.

The white tips fit the nozels on the FXT90 better than the Jays.  They are slightly larger than the Jays large, and I get a better seal, that maybe why I think the bass/low end is better.  The Wild Colonials, "Heaven and Hell", sounds very much like it does on the GR07.  I'd give the edge to the FXT90 on strings as well as horns over the GR07. 

Just switched tracks to Holly Cole, "One Trick Pony", great track for bass, wow, all the detail and texture!  I would have paid much more for these if I had to......

Nov 4, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #249 of 2,211
Don't get me wrong fellas, I am not saying that the drums are terrible on the FXT90, just hasn't beat out the GR07 reproduction of drums to my ears, yet. It has, however, beat the GR07 in almost every other instrument. Still, not enough to even consider selling the GR07.

Nov 4, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #250 of 2,211
IMO,  The GR07 will always be warmer/sweeter............than the detailed FXT90.  Just different enough to compliment each other, you will want to keep both I'm sure!

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #254 of 2,211
I don't know if anyone cares but I know I've mentioned the Fischer Audio Tandems to a few of you guys.  They are a dual dynamic in similar fashion to the FXT90.  Well I have a pair in my possession and thought I'd drop a line or two in comparison of them.

[size=10pt]The Tandem and FXT90 couldn't be more different.  Whereas the FXT90 is powerful, dynamic and full of energy, the Tandem is laid back, liquid and oh so buttery smooth.  The Tandem is all about the intimate vocal, with just the right pinch of warmth, but it also has a nice full, if understated, bottom end and non-fatiguing top end that is just... natural.  Due to the dual drivers, it has a little bit of the layered soundstage the FXT90 has but it's more understated.  Understated, refined, liquid and natural.  That about sums the Tandems up and they make an excellent compliment to the FXT90 when you want to completely switch things up, like some STP "Maver", "FIrst Kiss on Mars" or Lou Gramm "Midnight Blue" that's more vocal oriented.[/size]

[size=10pt]I think JVC and Fischer Audio have really hit something special with these micro dual dynamics.  They offer amazing and competitive sound at an extremely affordable price.  It's a great time in the IEM world. [/size]
etysmile.gif

[size=10pt][/size]

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #255 of 2,211

I was curious, so thanks @ shotgunshane. But how does the Tandems stack up agains the GR07 and/or the EX1000/600 (since you described them as "refined, liquid and natural")?
Quote:
I don't know if anyone cares but I know I've mentioned the Fischer Audio Tandems to a few of you guys.  They are a dual dynamic in similar fashion to the FXT90.  Well I have a pair in my possession and thought I'd drop a line or two in comparison of them.

[size=10pt]The Tandem and FXT90 couldn't be more different.  Whereas the FXT90 is powerful, dynamic and full of energy, the Tandem is laid back, liquid and oh so buttery smooth.  The Tandem is all about the intimate vocal, with just the right pinch of warmth, but it also has a nice full, if understated, bottom end and non-fatiguing top end that is just... natural.  Due to the dual drivers, it has a little bit of the layered soundstage the FXT90 has but it's more understated.  Understated, refined, liquid and natural.  That about sums the Tandems up and they make an excellent compliment to the FXT90 when you want to completely switch things up, like some STP "Maver", "FIrst Kiss on Mars" or Lou Gramm "Midnight Blue" that's more vocal oriented.[/size]

[size=10pt]I think JVC and Fischer Audio have really hit something special with these micro dual dynamics.  They offer amazing and competitive sound at an extremely affordable price.  It's a great time in the IEM world. [/size]
etysmile.gif

[size=10pt][/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back