just purchased a pair of D7000 on amazon for an amazing deal
Dec 25, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #61 of 78
I don't have mine anymore either, the K1000 was alot better. But for piano music enthousiast the Pro900 can be heaven!

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #62 of 78
Hey everyone,

Just joined the club the other day. This forum has been a treasure trove of information for a noob to the audiophile world such as myself.  After much deliberation and research, I decided to go big and buy a set of the Denon ah-d7000's.

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in about a great deal I got on these today.  I've been looking and looking and per the advice of a previous member's post, I called JR yesterday to see what kind of price I could get them down to.  Unfortunately, they wouldn't go below $675.  I was looking on Amazon and found an open box item from electronics expo for $585 and figured it was a good deal and was about to pull the trigger when I thought about the warranty.  Decided to chat with a rep online to verify if it was valid and stated my reservations about purchasing the open box item. HE offered to sell me a set of brand new cans for $15 more than the open box.  Of course I jumped all over it, and cannot wait to get these bad boys in.

Moral of the story is, if you're in the market, buy 'em from Electronics expo.  The guy's name is Rich I dealt with.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #63 of 78
I bought mine from Electronics Expo as well. Their return policy is great and their customer service is timely. Can't recommend them enough.

Dec 28, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #64 of 78
only reason I didn't buy from EE is because I get slapped with $50+ sales tax since I live in New Jersey. If it wasn't for that I would have been all over that EE deal. I'm happy with mine, they work like a champ and were damn near brand new out the box. I literally could not tell that these had been opened. I didn't check with Denon in regards to the warranty as of yet.  

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #66 of 78
They aren't authorized sellers. I'd pay extra and get them from EE.

What scares me about used D7000s is the possiblity of some person transplanting D2000 drivers and stealing the D7000 drivers. I don't trust people.

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #67 of 78

Quote:
They aren't authorized sellers. I'd pay extra and get them from EE.
What scares me about used D7000s is the possiblity of some person transplanting D2000 drivers and stealing the D7000 drivers. I don't trust people.

Wow, you're really not trusting. :p

And damn you, now you have me wondering if my D7000's have a D2000 driver in them! (Even though they're new).

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #68 of 78
Crap,  I haven't even received them yet and now you've got me worried.  Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #71 of 78

Quote:
hmm, I just bought a pair from #1 source. Is there a way to tell if they have been tampered with?

Honestly, the chances of that are so monumentally small. It wouldn't make any sense to do that, really, the value between the drivers really aren't that high. The only difference between the two drivers is that the D7000's have a larger neodymium magnet.

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #73 of 78
You wouldn't see it, it's inside the housing. You'd have to take the driver apart. The only way to tell is to run a piece of magnetic metal across it, and a d2000 driver, and see the difference in pull force.
Thing is, I doubt the value difference between them is that high. It wouldn't be worth the effort of replacing them. Most of the value in the D7000's is in the super duper cable they have.

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #74 of 78
The D7000 uses superior drivers, which trump the D5000. If someone was bad enough, they would benefit from switching out the drivers.

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #75 of 78

Quote:
The D7000 uses superior drivers, which trump the D5000. If someone was bad enough, they would benefit from switching out the drivers.

The whole purpose of doing so, though, would be to make money. The question is if it is economically feasible. If the difference in value between the drivers is about $10, it isn't worth it. Not to mention who you'll sell them to (and how many sales you can get of random extracted D7000 drivers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back