just purchased a pair of D7000 on amazon for an amazing deal
Dec 19, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #46 of 78
Evarin if you need a portable amp only and not a dac, get the E11 which is a better amp than the E7. The D7000 is very easy to drive. I prefer the D7000 on the E9 than the Lyr.

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #47 of 78
I would like to somewhat future-proof my purchase, but I think messing with a DAC at this point would be pointless. I'll look at the E11, though. Checked all the pawnshops and local stores for both the D7000's and headphone amps and nada. Gotta love those blind purchases!

As for the deal, here is what I am looking at as still remaining:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001EO9TM6/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2Z0VKSNJ0SGA4&colid=2CE79M82ABTYT&condition=used

That shows the same offer available from Electronic's Expo, an authorized dealer. 585 + 10 dollars shipping. From their website, if you are not from these locations you will avoid paying taxes: "Electronics Expo maintains business operations in a number of states. By law we are required to collect sales tax in the following states: Arizona, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Nevada, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania."

What I am hoping for is that the Electronics Expo is looking to sell the Denons new at a low price and still avoid getting in trouble with the manufacturer. Manufacturers often require a minimum price on "new" products, or else they will penalize sellers for a time in order to avoid price wars, leading to their products being vastly under-priced. However, If the the seller opens the product, they can sell them as "used" at whatever price they want. I will update the thread as soon as they get in and let you guys know about the quality. If people like I will take a few pics with my crappy 3GS phone as to the state of the packaging as well.

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #48 of 78

Quote:
smiley_thumb.gif
 Moi! But the LCD-2 is great to have in the rotation, just not in the number one slot.

IMO (to satisfy Croozer), well if I compare LCD2 straight to Denon AH-D7000, LCD2 feels like in different league.
Then, here comes Burson, HA160-DS not only converts digital to analog but it helps more Denon to have very very strong sub-bass.

I do enjoy more D7K than Audeze for dance/trance or any bass intense music.

I will like to add that LCD2 is not comfortable at all for me (IMO again).  Denon I can wear all day, same for Sennheiser, except for Beyerdynamic which had a very strong ear piercing trebles <--- IMO. ok ? :)

IMO signed.

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #49 of 78

Quote:
IMO (to satisfy Croozer), well if I compare LCD2 straight to Denon AH-D7000, LCD2 feels like in different league.
Then, here comes Burson, HA160-DS not only converts digital to analog but it helps more Denon to have very very strong sub-bass.

I do enjoy more D7K than Audeze for dance/trance or any bass intense music.

I will like to add that LCD2 is not comfortable at all for me (IMO again).  Denon I can wear all day, same for Sennheiser, except for Beyerdynamic which had a very strong ear piercing trebles <--- IMO. ok ? :)

IMO signed.

Even outside these two models, I think it's great if one can afford to keep two cans at minimum. Especially when they are different. Not necessarily an open headphone or closed headphone, but just different.

Dec 20, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #50 of 78
The peculiar use of the english language is hard to follow in this thread.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #51 of 78
AND.....POOF! Deal is gone. I'll keep an eye out for any other good deals for the D7000's and post them when I see them. I imagine anything below 600 for "New in box" quality is worth mention?

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #52 of 78

Quote:
I ordered these from Amazon used "new in open box" from the Electronics Expo as well. Paid 585.00 + 10.00 shipping as these were from an authorized dealer. I'm wondering if I can still get a manufacturer's warranty if I register them. Is that how Denon works?

Also, I am planning on eventually getting the Fiio E7 for this headphone. Will that be good enough for someone who is most DEFINITELY not used to audiophile headphones?

I  never had to register mine and believe Denon has no place to do that for warrant. Just keep your purchase receipt if they ever need repair. great headphones and also I believe yo have a 30 day return policy in case they are defective

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #53 of 78
I love these cans. My only gripe is that on some songs they can be really sibilant. not to pro 900 levels but it's sure as hell there. when these songs come around i turn the volume down. I don't listen loudly at all anyway. I have adapted to their sound and appreciate how different they sound compared to my hd600. is there a way to increase the volume without them becoming so harsh on the high end?

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #54 of 78

Quote:
AND.....POOF! Deal is gone. I'll keep an eye out for any other good deals for the D7000's and post them when I see them. I imagine anything below 600 for "New in box" quality is worth mention?

The deals are still available on amazon

Dec 23, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #55 of 78
Wow.. what a deal.
Also, are ultrasones really that good with EDM? I use my D2k with EDM and I can't imagine how anything could be much better. It sounds too perfect to me.

Dec 23, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #56 of 78

Quote:
Wow.. what a deal.
Also, are ultrasones really that good with EDM? I use my D2k with EDM and I can't imagine how anything could be much better. It sounds too perfect to me.

the Pro 900 are phenomenal with EDM! I miss them for that very reason but the D7000 are the superior headphone in general. If I can get a used Pro 900 I might take the plunge again and mod them because they are the most sibilant cans I have ever heard. It was just too much for me. I would say the main features of the Pro 900 is the bass, which is insane, and their speed. 

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #57 of 78
And modded they are some of the most neutral and balanced headphones around

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #59 of 78
No the Pro900 Kees modded.

Dec 25, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #60 of 78

Quote:
No the Pro900 Kees modded.

I should have kept mine long enough to do the mod. maybe I'll get another pair in the future. Right now I'm happy with swapping them out for the D7000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back