Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Dec 31, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #10,472 of 11,345
Dec 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #10,473 of 11,345
  Though honestly the constant nagging of plastic this and that reminds me of people that equally nag about Made in China products. Not all plastics are made equal, just as not all products made in China have the same degree of workmanship, QC, and material quality. And as mentioned, given a proper structure and size, plastic enclosures can have most of their flaws eliminated.

In the end, that's all that matters
beerchug.gif

You should hear me bitching about MDF/medite when it comes to speakers and turntables.  I'd take plastic over mdf any day.  But, I prefer not to own either in my audio system.

And, good luck fighting the good fight against those who fight against chinese goods.

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #10,474 of 11,345
  You should hear me bitching about MDF/medite when it comes to speakers and turntables.  I'd take plastic over mdf any day.  But, I prefer not to own either in my audio system.

And, good luck fighting the good fight against those who fight against chinese goods.

Lol xD
The worst part is you'd find people recommending MDF for DIY speakers enclosures... at least there won't be anyone actually recommending plastic. Other than for (manufacturing) availability or pricing, or shaping advantages. And, I agree, I'd rather own neither as well. At least if I am looking for any quality priced gears..

Once again, another thing I'd rather take otherwise if given the choice. Depends on the make, more so than the country of fabrication. It's just that often people auto-associate Made in China = dollar-store-tier quality. That grinds my gears :wink:

My new DIY angled pads for T50RP

Those pads scream quality man. Nice job there!

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #10,476 of 11,345
Dec 31, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #10,477 of 11,345
If they are better than 003 or Stax pads I'd buy them for my own mod if they were for sale.

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #10,478 of 11,345
What if I will make pads for sale. Would many be interested to purchase? And the asking price is around 25 to 35$ not including shipping , will it be fair enough?

Based on my test in comparison to stock pads and the shure 840 pads, mine has the best seal and it added more body to the sound. Better staging also due to its angled position.

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #10,479 of 11,345
What if I will make pads for sale. Would many be interested to purchase? And the asking price is around 25 to 35$ not including shipping , will it be fair enough?

YES :)

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #10,481 of 11,345
What would be the benefits of these pads over the already existing MrSpeakers Alpha pads?

I hope a wider opening for the ear (not the depth, but the width).

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #10,482 of 11,345
hi all.....

i have done the most common mod, i.e. plasticine and Paxmate.  Can i ask how i can bring up the treble?  does felt behind the white paper on the driver bring up the treble slightly?

thanks all.....

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #10,484 of 11,345
What would be the benefits of these pads over the already existing MrSpeakers Alpha pads?

I hope a wider opening for the ear (not the depth, but the width).

I don't know exactly how it will differ compared to Dan's pads. By the way how much is he selling for those alpha pads?

I might consider your suggestion on wider opening.

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #10,485 of 11,345
I don't know exactly how it will differ compared to Dan's pads. By the way how much is he selling for those alpha pads?

I might consider your suggestion on wider opening.

For the price of Alpha pads,  see https://www.mrspeakers.com/fostex-t50rp-headphone-accessories-comfort-upgrade?product_id=63

A wider opening would be great. I do have jumbo ears!

What is the material you use for your pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back