Just got the Koss Portapro - I wasted $30.00
Feb 3, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #76 of 105
Quote:
He charges 23 dollars for shipping! Priority would cost 6 or 7 at most. So that makes them cost around 41 dollars, not a bargain.  

What? As far as I can tell, shipping is $5.99.

Quote:
 I like the PortaPros a lot but if you must jump off a bridge, if it doesn't work out, try one that is about 1 foot off the ground first. See how you like it. 

^
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #77 of 105

Quote:
Quote:
He charges 23 dollars for shipping! Priority would cost 6 or 7 at most. So that makes them cost around 41 dollars, not a bargain.  

What? As far as I can tell, shipping is $5.99.

Quote:
 I like the PortaPros a lot but if you must jump off a bridge, if it doesn't work out, try one that is about 1 foot off the ground first. See how you like it. 

^
biggrin.gif

You are right. It automatically calculated for Micronesia, but the 23 dollars is wrong as shipping to here is the same as within the US (it is a US zip code by compact). 

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #78 of 105
Well, I now have my real portapros and have been trying them out. I have to say I'm impressed! They sound beautiful - very natural and warm. GREAT bass, and I love how it doesn't overpower the highs and mids. These have pretty amazing detail for their size, too.

Very happy with them!
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #79 of 105
Anything that starts with "Porta" is bound to be crappy and stinky...

Feb 15, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #81 of 105

Quote:
LOL? I won't take that too seriously

I saw the post title and couldn't pass it up. You can ignore my '5 mins till 5 o'clock (CST)' post.

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #83 of 105
After reading about Portapros for years I finally had the chance to audition one.

I was supremely disappointed. It is inferior in every possible way to the PX100 and KSC-75.  With those two supremely excellent alternatives, I am not sure how there is even a market for the Portapros. They're rubbish: uncomfortable, booming undetailed bass, chintzy headband, etc.

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #84 of 105

Quote:
After reading about Portapros for years I finally had the chance to audition one.

I was supremely disappointed. It is inferior in every possible way to the PX100 and KSC-75.  With those two supremely excellent alternatives, I am not sure how there is even a market for the Portapros. They're rubbish: uncomfortable, booming undetailed bass, chintzy headband, etc.

what it sounds like to you can be very different for others, they are actually pretty comfortable especially with the small foam pads that reduce the pressure on your ears and instead divert it onto the sides of your head. but i do agree, the headband needs some improvements in the overall design

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #85 of 105

Quote:
what it sounds like to you can be very different for others, they are actually pretty comfortable especially with the small foam pads that reduce the pressure on your ears and instead divert it onto the sides of your head. but i do agree, the headband needs some improvements in the overall design

I guess I should preface everything I say with "Yes, I know I am in the minority and the following is *only* the opinion of someone who is hardly an expert."

:D

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #86 of 105

Quote:
I guess I should preface everything I say with "Yes, I know I am in the minority and the following is *only* the opinion of someone who is hardly an expert."

Dont be so easy on yourself - put it in your sig so that we are all forewarned and forearmed.

Feb 16, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #87 of 105
I got a chance to try out PX100s at Sennheiser's booth at EAA Airventure last summer and those words describe how I felt about them. To each their own, I suppose. For certain genres of music I much prefer my Portapros to my KSC75s.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back