**Just got Denon d2000's**
Feb 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

MattTCG

Headphoneus Supremus
First off, thanks to those for piped in and helped me choose the d2000's, especially K Money and MalveauX. In the simplest terms they are incredible. The main reason that I had the fever to trade my m50's was that they were very uncomfortable and I couldn't wear them more than about an hour tops. I got my Denon's this afternoon and listened for almost three hours solid and could have kept going. The m50's were like a vice and my head the acorn. The denon's are just plush for comfort. Couldn't ask for more. 

And then there is the sound. I honestly couldn't say that the denon's just blow the m50's out of the water acoustically because I am an audiophile noob, but for me that's just about what they do. The sound is just in a different league. Very versatile, great bass, decent soundstage and great highs. They are easy to drive with no amp. The sound is just full and balanced and incredibly detailed. 

Quibbles...

These cans have a heft to them. I will attribute this to build quality and it's not necessarily a con. But the clamping action is very loose for my head, ( I have a medium sized head) so quick movements tend to cause them to become slightly dislodged. These are no good for me away for my computer chair or the couch. That's okay though, I don't mind using them that way. I need to start looking for a portable IEM anyway. The cord is very thick and somewhat unflexable. They are kinda large. Bigger than my m50's were. Again this is okay for how I intend to use them. 

I have no reservation suggesting the d2000 to anyone who is considering them. If you think the sound signature fits your taste...they will not disappoint in any way. 

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 59
The denons are receiving lots of praise lately...probably my next set of cans. Congrats mate. 

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 59
D2000s are fantastic headphones. Good choice! Down the road you may want to consider upgrading the earpads to something like the J$ pads or the new angle pads from Lawton Audio. Based on the frequency response measurements on Innerfidelity, the earpads help flatten out and refine the sound a bit.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #6 of 59
I was looking for the j$ pads but have a hard time finding them online. Where can they be purchased?

thanks...

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #7 of 59

Quote:
I was looking for the j$ pads but have a hard time finding them online. Where can they be purchased?

thanks...

It looks like their site if offline..or maybe i have a wrong address. 
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #8 of 59
I think the J$ pads are no longer being done... so it's just the Lawtons as the only option
or "used" J$...

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #9 of 59

Quote:
I think the J$ pads are no longer being done... so it's just the Lawtons as the only option
or "used" J$...

Only at the headroom's site.
http://www.headphone.com/brands/jmoney.php

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #10 of 59
glad you like them! 

d2000s are really hard to beat at their price point.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #13 of 59

Quote:

Only at the headroom's site.
http://www.headphone.com/brands/jmoney.php

They only have Beyer pads and NOT Denons...

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #15 of 59
Can't say that I have any motivation to change out the stock pads. These cans are unbelievable comfortable and I love the sound signature. The bang for the buck goes way down with a set of $80 pads. Man, I could add that Fiio that I've been looking at for that much!!

Just wanted to say that I am burning these phones down!! Been listening to all my tunes and just can't get over how good the Denon's sound. Isn't it great when you've read and read through the forums for weeks on end looking for the perfect pair of headphones. You chuck out your hard earned cash and hit the buy now button only to sit and wait and stare at the ups tracking info. 

Then the moment of truth...you plug those bad boys in and fire up one of your favs and listen for it. Does it disappoint or just rock your damned socks off? Well, the Denon's rocked my world and I am having just way to much fun and it's not even my birthday!!  

Listening to a bunch of everything. Right now I've got some Cake crunk up to about 80% as I sit and listen in amazement  to the bass hit and then horns slam right back. Good stuff man, good stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back