**Just got Denon d2000's**
Feb 10, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #17 of 59
The last pair that I owned just before the d2000's was the m50. 

Oh, and here's a stupid question. Just how long does one expect a pair of Denon's like this to last? I have floor speakers that sounded great after 10 years. Can headphones last that long?

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #18 of 59
I have floor speakers that sounded great after 10 years. Can headphones last that long?

Yes. With reasonable care, there's no reason headphones can't last 10 years or much longer.

Feb 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #19 of 59
Feb 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #22 of 59
As far as I know they didn't change anything. I'm buying the d2000s with the expectation that it will break sooner or later. Fortunately it's just a screw so I can either screw it back in or superglue it or something.

Feb 12, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #23 of 59
My pair is coming on Tuesday from JR. Cant wait!

I was showing some of my coworkers what I was going to order at lunch, and before I headed out to make the call. One of my friends at work receives a box and a brand new pair of D2000s. Stole my thunder, but he let me listen to it right away. I know I made the right choice here :D

Feb 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #24 of 59

Quote:
My pair is coming on Tuesday from JR. Cant wait!

I was showing some of my coworkers what I was going to order at lunch, and before I headed out to make the call. One of my friends at work receives a box and a brand new pair of D2000s. Stole my thunder, but he let me listen to it right away. I know I made the right choice here :D

Congrats on the purchase!! I love mine. I have been listening till the wee hours of the morning for about 4 days. I am not disappointed in any way. They are slightly big and fit loosely...but that is what makes them so comfortable to wear. I'm in love with the sound signature and can see myself using them for many years.

Enjoy...

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #25 of 59

Quote:
Congrats on the purchase!! I love mine. I have been listening till the wee hours of the morning for about 4 days. I am not disappointed in any way. They are slightly big and fit loosely...but that is what makes them so comfortable to wear. I'm in love with the sound signature and can see myself using them for many years.

Enjoy...

+1

Feb 14, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #26 of 59

Quote:

Enjoy...

Glad to see you are enjoying your pair.  The Denons were my first real intro to hi-fi (though, I guess in the grand scale they are mid-fi).  At first I had them unamped, then amped through a Fiio E7 (which has a better DAC than amp) and then I bought the E9.  Now I am looking for more amps and dacs.

I will upgrade everything downstream of the headphones.  I have virtually no desire to get other full sized cans.

Especially since I love Dubstep and Glitch-Hop so much.  Dubby glitch hop is the best genre for these cans, IMO, though everything sounds good out of them.

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #28 of 59
The D2K's I find sound better when driven with an amp -> currently using the ZO2 - epic amounts of bass.

Now in terms of loose or not.
Used J$ pads or angle pads.

But angle pads are $100
And J$....well good luck finding a pair (its been around a month i've had a thread open fro a WTB)

Long story short, if you, like me, don't want to "waste" $100 i suggest looking into the beyerdynamic headband snap on.
It will add extra padding at top -> more comfortable, but also should, in theory provide a better clamp.

I might get one of those snap-ons and report back.
Only £16 from ebay

Needs to be a little stretched when fitting on though

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #29 of 59

Quote:
The D2K's I find sound better when driven with an amp -> currently using the ZO2 - epic amounts of bass.

I have a Z02 coming in today (I missed the stupid delivery on Saturday).  I've had buyers remorse ever since I ordered them though. The D2k's already have ample bass, I'm worried the ZO2 might make it even more boomy and not tighten it like I want, but I guess that's the handy part of the adjustable EQ? Also feel like it's a gamble with the treble, having a preset EQ, I don't know if it's going to make the treble even more sharp.  I guess I'll find out soon.

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #30 of 59
Honestly?
I think you'll love the ZO2 - on green contour it adds no bass, but a little more sense of fulfilled sound to any earphones/headphones -> at first you won't notice the difference, but after having the ZO2 for a while, you'lls tart noticing, just like I did its cleaver sense of "adding" to the overall SQ and I love just customising the bass at 0 distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back