JH3A - How will you feed it?
Sep 7, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #46 of 164
On a side note- I spoke with Jaimie at JH today, she said that ship dates are pushed back about 3 months due to an issue with the amp.

Sep 7, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #47 of 164
frown.gif

well.. i had a feeling this was coming.. and bummer as it is.. its MUUUUUUCH better than paying nearly $1800 and recieving a buggy piece of equimpent, and having to go through a huge hassle getting it working, or in the case of many companies, simply being told, tough cookies....    if it takes 3 more months to get it right, then good on them for having the integrity to do it right the first time.  Although i do have to say at this point I have not actually placed my order, and was planning on doing so today, but i think im gonna hold off.  and furthermore..  shucks!

I'll be calling JH today as well for other questions and will certainly ask about this too. 

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #49 of 164
Ok, they have some problems, but why the hell they dont put it on their page or facebook? Customer service of Jh audio is now really bad, they even dont answer my emails(send more than two weeks ago, then again), at least it wasnt anything so important, so I dont have to call them.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Sep 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #50 of 164

Quote:
Ok, they have some problems, but why the hell they dont put it on their page or facebook? Customer service of Jh audio is now really bad, they even dont answer my emails(send more than two weeks ago, then again), at least it wasnt anything so important, so I dont have to call them.

IMO this is pretty typical of a big company..that doesnt mean its right. A lot of people consider JH a "small company" but from the outside perspective, I certainly dont, and especially given that they are developing a major new product i would expect them to be busy.   It would be better if they were responding, but from my experience a lot of companies have several ways to contact them.. phone, email, etc, and usually only 1 of those is effective.  So i would just call them if email isnt working..   Im not defending them, just saying this is the way it goes.

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #51 of 164
"@FRGus, the sendstation dock is just a data transfer usb dock (like the one you get with a iphone/ipod/ipad) and will not transfer digital out audio. The ipad has a camera connection kit that looks the same but only works with an ipad and that will transfer 16/44 digital out to a JH-3a.
The other hole on the sendstation is just a simple line out analogue."

Thanks.  After your first reply it confused me but you cleared it up with this post.

Thanks,
FRGus723

Sep 7, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #53 of 164
i emailed them thursday or friday, and i tried calling them all day today... no response/ no answer.. tried both extensions... no luck... hopefully its because everyone had dropped everythng to get the JH3A working :wink:

Sep 7, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #54 of 164
They were closed Friday and Monday for the holiday weekend per their Tweet (coming from some Facebook post I assume).

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #55 of 164
apparently, they engineer who was working on the amp was replaced....they fell well behind on schedule. 3 months is a long time to wait. i'm a big fan of overnight shipping :)

Sep 7, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #57 of 164

Quote:
I just sent email to Brittany for an update...hope she answers, at this point they need to be more forthcoming on the what's going on.

Please post any updated information you get.

Sep 9, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #59 of 164

Quote:
"@FRGus, the sendstation dock is just a data transfer usb dock (like the one you get with a iphone/ipod/ipad) and will not transfer digital out audio. The ipad has a camera connection kit that looks the same but only works with an ipad and that will transfer 16/44 digital out to a JH-3a.
The other hole on the sendstation is just a simple line out analogue."

Thanks.  After your first reply it confused me but you cleared it up with this post.

Thanks,
FRGus723

No worries mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back