JH3A - How will you feed it?
Jul 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #151 of 164
OK.
guys I just got my jh16 alone. I decided to go with no amp because so many said that the jh16 alone sound just phenomenal, especially to ears like mine.
But I have just one problem
Everyone says trash in, trash out for the jh16. In other words, I would need high quality music to truly enjoy the jh16.
What bitrate is high quality for the jh16?
I mostly listen to hip hop and modern music. Some classical music too
Currently I have 320kbps ogg vorbis from spotify. I can basically get any song through that format.
But if lossless is really THAT MUCH BETTER than 320kbps ogg vorbis, I could get lossless
the main problem with lossless is that it is very difficult to obtain.
With my current headphones and earphones, I could not tell the difference between the two.
Will the jh16 really make a HUGE DIFFERENCE between 320kbps ogg vorbis and lossless?
Should I just stick with the 320kbps ogg or should I try to obtain lossless (kinda hard)?
Thanks in advance

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #152 of 164
Quote:
OK.
guys I just got my jh16 alone. I decided to go with no amp because so many said that the jh16 alone sound just phenomenal, especially to ears like mine.
But I have just one problem
Everyone says trash in, trash out for the jh16. In other words, I would need high quality music to truly enjoy the jh16.
What bitrate is high quality for the jh16?
I mostly listen to hip hop and modern music. Some classical music too
Currently I have 320kbps ogg vorbis from spotify. I can basically get any song through that format.
But if lossless is really THAT MUCH BETTER than 320kbps ogg vorbis, I could get lossless
the main problem with lossless is that it is very difficult to obtain.
With my current headphones and earphones, I could not tell the difference between the two.
Will the jh16 really make a HUGE DIFFERENCE between 320kbps ogg vorbis and lossless?
Should I just stick with the 320kbps ogg or should I try to obtain lossless (kinda hard)?
Thanks in advance

from my experience and from what ive read, theres a very small difference between 320kbps and lossless, which to a lot of people is undetectable
i would say get lossless if you can, but if you're staying with 320kbps, you're not missing out out anything significant

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #153 of 164
ok
so if i use 320kbps on my new jh16,
am I making full use of it?
or is that only for lossless...

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #155 of 164
well that sounds AWESOME
cuz i just perchased a full year subscription to spotify premium :)
that means unlimited 320kbps ogg for one year
i wont have to work my ass off to get flac.
thanks

Jul 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #156 of 164
OK
After reading a great deal from various sites like stereophile, cnet, and a crap load of headfi threads, i have come to this conclusion
320kbps mp3, ogg, aac just wont do anything for the jh16. In fact some CD recordings that were poorly mastered also wont make full use of the iem. :frowning2:NOOOOOO
that means i have to start a brand new cd collection
well i guess thats another journey, one helluva journey
ill be starting today

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #157 of 164
Quote:
OK
After reading a great deal from various sites like stereophile, cnet, and a crap load of headfi threads, i have come to this conclusion
320kbps mp3, ogg, aac just wont do anything for the jh16. In fact some CD recordings that were poorly mastered also wont make full use of the iem. :frowning2:NOOOOOO
ill be starting today

It'll do just fine.  Most people can't even tell the difference between 16/48 and 24/96 nevertheless 14/48 and 320kbps.  Most of the perceived difference is through bias (I would assume) rather than actual blind testing being done.  

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #158 of 164
Quote:
OK
ill be starting today

Ok

last time.

In a true ABX test. NO One will hear a difference between CD (WAV/PCM) v. Lossless v. 320kbps MP3. NO one. Regardless of the price tag associated with the gear.

That means you CAN feed the JH-16 from a 320kbps MP3 with ZERO issues or degredation.

Jul 14, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #159 of 164
i tried a blind test.
i scored 21/40. basically i guessed half and half
so it really does not make a difference with the jh16
well thanks for the abx test recommendation
better renew my spotify subscription :)
oh and by the way these damn iems are like in-ear sex

Jul 20, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #160 of 164
after a week of listening, i am just stoned by these thangs.
i love super crazy bass and this is the only headphone that delivers what i want.
unfortunately i also know that most modern cds are crap :frowning2:

Jul 28, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #161 of 164
Does anybody know when jha will release the next flagship? I started worrying that almost as soon as I bought these, that jha would release a jh20 or jh(insert any damn number higher than 16) just a few months after my purchase. How long do you guys think the jh16 will be their flagship? Im hoping at least two years :) your opinions are appreaciated

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #162 of 164
Quote:
Does anybody know when jha will release the next flagship? I started worrying that almost as soon as I bought these, that jha would release a jh20 or jh(insert any damn number higher than 16) just a few months after my purchase. How long do you guys think the jh16 will be their flagship? Im hoping at least two years :) your opinions are appreaciated

Opinions?

Why not ask JH directly and see what they say?

Anyway. That mentality. Not the right one to have for purchase whether it is IEM, cell phones, computers, CARS. hell anything. They "newest" thing is always around the corner. Pull the trigger when you see fit because otherwise, you will wait an eternity for the next newest thing.

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #163 of 164
yea you are right about the mentality thing.
but im not sure JH will say what they are releasing. they are  business afterall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back