JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Jan 24, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #901 of 1,149
I tried two different sets of tips on the suggestions from this thread. 
JVC Spiral Dot:
Nice design. They have the advantage of not covering the sound ports at all and provide nice isolation with very clear sound. Medium fits my ears well. 
Westone True Fit + Star
These don't seem to fit on the Roxannes. The holes are way too small. Maybe I bought the wrong ones...
Thanks!

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #902 of 1,149
I tried two different sets of tips on the suggestions from this thread. 
JVC Spiral Dot:
Nice design. They have the advantage of not covering the sound ports at all and provide nice isolation with very clear sound. Medium fits my ears well. 
Westone True Fit + Star
These don't seem to fit on the Roxannes. The holes are way too small. Maybe I bought the wrong ones...
Thanks!

I believed Weston and Shure tips have smaller mid core sue to the small nozzle size of Weston and Shure iem.

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #905 of 1,149
Hey guys

I currently own JH 13 FP and i love its airy, sparkly, open treble characteristics as well as its slightly emphasized sub/mid bass.
Overall i feel it's 80% neutral and 20 % warm sounding.
Frankly, im looking for something that has a bit more warmth, deeper base to create that warmth, and a little bit more oomph to the base.

I am considering the Roxanne.
I read all the posts about roxanne and from them i have an idea of what it will sound like.
Some of my worries are that roxanne can sound quite dark and thick. I really like the open/airy sound of my 13 but i would really appreciate more warmth.
Also i've heard people say that roxanne's high is really laid back. Is it really? 

i know that roxanne requires a lot of burn in time for its real sound and its potential to shine.

I would really appreciate if people who have had experience with jh 13 and roxanne could give me some advice.

should i get it? or should i just stick with my 13

Thank you ~ 

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #906 of 1,149
  Hey guys

I currently own JH 13 FP and i love its airy, sparkly, open treble characteristics as well as its slightly emphasized sub/mid bass.
Overall i feel it's 80% neutral and 20 % warm sounding.
Frankly, im looking for something that has a bit more warmth, deeper base to create that warmth, and a little bit more oomph to the base.

I am considering the Roxanne.
I read all the posts about roxanne and from them i have an idea of what it will sound like.
Some of my worries are that roxanne can sound quite dark and thick. I really like the open/airy sound of my 13 but i would really appreciate more warmth.
Also i've heard people say that roxanne's high is really laid back. Is it really? 

i know that roxanne requires a lot of burn in time for its real sound and its potential to shine.

I would really appreciate if people who have had experience with jh 13 and roxanne could give me some advice.

should i get it? or should i just stick with my 13

Thank you ~ 

I am in more than one post, and there are enough people that would advice against roxanne right now, because they are lacking clarity. i think that you can also look into noble 10k?

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #907 of 1,149
I don't find them lacking clarity at all.

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #908 of 1,149
  I am in more than one post, and there are enough people that would advice against roxanne right now, because they are lacking clarity. i think that you can also look into noble 10k?

I would not agree that Roxanne lacks in clarity coming from a Roxanne owner. I find alot of people who audition Roxanne confuse with lack in clarity and lack in extended treble. This is 2 different thing. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #910 of 1,149

I think, if you haven't heard them (which I'm assuming) its pretty risky business giving advice on someone's $1000+ purchase.

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #911 of 1,149
I assume you mean Noble K10. Do you own the Roxanne? Or the K10? Have you even demoed either of them? If not, please refrain from giving advice based on :"there are enough people... " this is a toxic attitude on head-fi, that brings people to spend hard earn money on hearsay. The Roxanne have good clarity. Not NT6 level buy still good. And many other qualities.

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #913 of 1,149
I find the Roxannes to be much more detailed than my old JH16, and I consider the JH16 very detailed. The Roxannes are much more detailed in the upper half of the spectrum, so that even with the bass turned up the highs are still very present much more so than with the JH16. The Roxannes highs are laid back and never harsh. You could tick the eq a little on the highs which is what I did and I'm happy with them over the JH16. The jh16 (and 13) if I remember correctly had a much shorter decay time, which made them analytical sounding but thin at times and could use more note thickness. Roxanne is thick full sounding and open up after you run some music through them.

Feb 6, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #914 of 1,149
I can't suggest the roxxanes universal. But that's only because its not perfect for me. And when I'm spending that kind of money, I want it perfect.

Having said that. They are still good if you want to concert ish sound that like full and have a somewhat laid back treble. Make no mistake, the smashing of cymbals in a rock song is still going to make your ear ring.

If you want something safe, I'd suggest the k10u. I have not heard them, but they are the current flavour of the month and selling them for close to retail should be no problem. The reviews speak quite highly of them as well and should be much more comfortable than the roxxanes So a quick try seems warranted

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #915 of 1,149
I can't suggest the roxxanes universal. But that's only because its not perfect for me. And when I'm spending that kind of money, I want it perfect.

Having said that. They are still good if you want to concert ish sound that like full and have a somewhat laid back treble. Make no mistake, the smashing of cymbals in a rock song is still going to make your ear ring.

If you want something safe, I'd suggest the k10u. I have not heard them, but they are the current flavour of the month and selling them for close to retail should be no problem. The reviews speak quite highly of them as well and should be much more comfortable than the roxxanes So a quick try seems warranted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back