JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Dec 27, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 1,149
Probably just reflection making it look that way. I know everybody is just receiving them but i am really looking forward to more comprehensive impressions... I am sure they will come... 

Dec 27, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #7 of 1,149
You can't subscribe without posting a reply through the mobile version.
That's not entirely true. Click on the top right & a menu with Subscribe should appear :-

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #9 of 1,149
Guys, just a reminder: To subscribe to a thread, there is a link above the first post. Posting "subbed" is just spam.
smile.gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #10 of 1,149
maybe i should order a universal Roxxane so i compare it with the Unique Melody Mentor :3 , can't demo it cause i am located far away :< 

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #13 of 1,149
My quick impressions were that they sound rather like an IEM version of the Audeze headphones. Also, the effect of the bass and treble adjustments weren't always that noticeable. It was subtle and very track-dependant. Once I get the universal loaners from Anakchan I'll compare them to my JH-13s. I have guidance from Jerry as to what to dial in to match my JH-13s, so I'll probably focus on that for the most part.

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #14 of 1,149
The CF part of the case looks warped???

Its just the reflection, dont worry :p

Posted this in the other thread:
I'm drawing a few initial impressions here, its definitely a darker sound than the 13s, with the highs just a little bit laid back. Bass is, of course, variant. When I first popped them in they were set to full bass, and I immediately toned it down to around the 10 o'clock area, where there's enough bass and enough detail in the highs (the sound seemed like the highs were pushed back by the bass) that made me enjoy. I do immediately note that they're not as warm as the Kaiser 10s (which are amazing for vocals), but they're more accurate and probably a bit more honest as well. As I noted in my preliminary notes on the Kaiser 10 they're balanced but not neutral. The Roxannes are more in the area of neutral while the balance is probably up to the guy tuning them. I'm going to spend a few more days with them and come back to you guys

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #15 of 1,149
My quick impressions were that they sound rather like an IEM version of the Audeze headphones. Also, the effect of the bass and treble adjustments weren't always that noticeable. It was subtle and very track-dependant. Once I get the universal loaners from Anakchan I'll compare them to my JH-13s. I have guidance from Jerry as to what to dial in to match my JH-13s, so I'll probably focus on that for the most part.

That would make perfect sense actually (Audeze comparo, I switch back from my LCD-3s and JH3As with ease).

However, I would suspect that the Roxanne's have better treble response but less headstage (orthos vs IEMs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back