JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Dec 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #31 of 1,149
  Ah ok.  That sucks.  I'm sure JH will fix it for you.  You could also use the round puck they sell with the JH13/JH16.  I love that case.  I have it for my JH16s and I plan to use it with my Roxannes for travel (when I get them next month).  Will keep the carbon fiber case for home use only.  I like the fact that the puck screws on and off so its not easily opened by accident in your bag.

Hey, that is a good solution.  I will look into it, thanks.

On a better note, I have been wearing them for about two hours now and it is almost like they are not there, other than the music that is.  Fit is really good.  Have found a setting on the bass that works most of the time.  Still working through the test tracks though.

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #32 of 1,149
Cool, thanks.  How would you characterize the mids and mid-bass relative to the 334s?  I know alot of folks are worried about the treble on the Roxannes, but I go more the other direction - I couldh't pull the trigger on the 13s as I was worried about them being too bright/analytical.  The 334s are already close to pushing my limits in that regard :)

Wow I'd think these are close to the JH13S but in terms of highs you'll be fine. The mids of the FitEars are definitely more lush, I love FitEar mids :) but if you want something that's much faster and clearer, the Roxys are beautiful.

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #33 of 1,149
Cool, thanks.  How would you characterize the mids and mid-bass relative to the 334s?  I know alot of folks are worried about the treble on the Roxannes, but I go more the other direction - I couldh't pull the trigger on the 13s as I was worried about them being too bright/analytical.  The 334s are already close to pushing my limits in that regard :)

That was my exact thought when I was trailing the 13/16 in Orlando. I initially did not like the 13. Thought it was a bit thin and too bright. The 16 went a bit too far the other way. After listening for a while, the 13 grew on me more than the 16. The Roxanne then came in, it was the best of both worlds and then some. I loved the sound instantly. Looking forward to playing more with the bass.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #34 of 1,149
My quick impressions were that they sound rather like an IEM version of the Audeze headphones. Also, the effect of the bass and treble adjustments weren't always that noticeable. It was subtle and very track-dependant. Once I get the universal loaners from Anakchan I'll compare them to my JH-13s. I have guidance from Jerry as to what to dial in to match my JH-13s, so I'll probably focus on that for the most part.

Please share guidance from Jerry as to what to dial in to match my JH-13s,
I don't like if sq so warm , I tough Roxanne driver composition like JH 13 , SQ more or less like JH13
That's why I pre order jh Roxanne

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #35 of 1,149
Please share guidance from Jerry as to what to dial in to match my JH-13s,
I don't like if sq so warm , I tough Roxanne driver composition like JY 13 , SQ more or less like JY 13
That's why I pre order jh Roxanne

I hear at around 9 o' clock is the dial to "match" JH13

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #38 of 1,149
IIRC (and I could have forgotten because I didn't write it down): 9 o'clock is neutral. 2pm in the bass is JH-13 level and 4pm is JH-16 level bass. It ramps up very gradually though until after 12pm so don't take 9pm to 2pm being that radically different in sound.

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #39 of 1,149
  IIRC (and I could have forgotten because I didn't write it down): 9 o'clock is neutral. 2pm in the bass is JH-13 level and 4pm is JH-16 level bass. It ramps up very gradually though until after 12pm so don't take 9pm to 2pm being that radically different in sound.

There you go, I was mistaken xD

I keep mine in the 10 o'clock position.

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #42 of 1,149
So a few more observations.

The isolation does not seem as good as with my UE7's, by the same token the UE7's are noticeably tighter in my ears and therefore do distract some from just listening to the music. Another way to put it is that I forget that the Roxanne's are in my ears, they just get out of the way and present the music.  They are just extremely comfortable.

The details I am hearing remind me of the first time I put the HD800's on, I am hearing things to another level of clarity, There are also distinct ?octaves? levels? not sure the term for it but I think it has to do with the number of drivers, there is just more detail up and down the curve.

Staging is also more precise, I can pinpoint where the instrument are on the stage and follow them when they move left to right.

Again the bass is distinct and crisp with a good amount of sub-bass where it should be.
Treble is crisp and clean. And only shrill when it is shrill in the music, but never over the top, so far.

Hope this all makes sense to you.

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #43 of 1,149
A little universal demo Roxanne's in comparison to the FitEar MH335DW (live notes, not in any particular priority or order) :-

1. Rox has a more front row seat whilst the MH335DW is more like a quite a few rows back
  2. Vocals on the Rox are prominent as though the artist is singing right in front of you
  3. Both have a great sense of space but in different ways. To me the Rox has more headroom, whilst the MH335DW has the depth
  4. The Rox seems to be more tonally balanced compared to the MH335DW. I seem to hear some upper treble peaks in the Rox (maybe 12kHz above?) but these peaks could be relative to as slightly more laid back middle and lower trebles.
  5. I'd lean to the Rox to having a more detail than the MH335DW
  6. But I'd lean towards the MH335DW for instrument separation and overall breathing space.

Roxannes compared to the 1Plus2 (Ubered cable) :-

1. Rox has a warmer signature whilst the 1Plus2 seems more clinical/surgical
  2. The 1Plus2 treble range seems more "flat" from lower treble to upper treble range.
  3. There seems to be a very shallow U-shapeness to the 1Plus2
  4. Both are highly detailed - don't want any bad recordings with either

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #44 of 1,149
  A little universal demo Roxanne's in comparison to the FitEar MH335DW (live notes, not in any particular priority or order) :-

1. Rox has a more front row seat whilst the MH335DW is more like a quite a few rows back
  2. Vocals on the Rox are prominent as though the artist is singing right in front of you
  3. Both have a great sense of space but in different ways. To me the Rox has more headroom, whilst the MH335DW has the depth
  4. The Rox seems to be more tonally balanced compared to the MH335DW. I seem to hear some upper treble peaks in the Rox (maybe 12kHz above?) but these peaks could be relative to as slightly more laid back middle and lower trebles.
  5. I'd lean to the Rox to having a more detail than the MH335DW
  6. But I'd lean towards the MH335DW for instrument separation and overall breathing space.

Roxannes compared to the 1Plus2 (Ubered cable) :-

1. Rox has a warmer signature whilst the 1Plus2 seems more clinical/surgical
  2. The 1Plus2 treble range seems more "flat" from lower treble to upper treble range.
  3. There seems to be a very shallow U-shapeness to the 1Plus2
  4. Both are highly detailed - don't want any bad recordings with either

Very nice impressions and honestly, I didn't expect Roxanne to perform that high level. Job done well by JHA this time apparently.

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #45 of 1,149
At the jh13 dial for the bass is there much to be gained? These do seem to be versatile but I have a feeling if I owned them I'll end up having it on a similar bass level as the jh13 so not sure if it's worth it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back