JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Jul 28, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #601 of 1,149
  I just had a surprisingly easy 36 hours of flight, largely thanks to my Roxanne + Pico combo.  Even with -26 db, there's still a good deal of audible plane noise though.  Thus, I recommend staying clear of your most dynamic recordings.  That mostly means uncompressed orchestrated music.  It also might be worth getting a set of comfy tips from JHA, as they could help block out a few extra db.  Sadly, I forgot to bring mine, so I can't speak from experience.

And yes Wilderbeast, the Roxannes are fantastically detailed in their 3 dimensional presentation.  Not having a big mid treble spike allows one to turn the volume up enough to read micro detail in quite components.  Of course, none of this matters with brickwalled recordings.  In such cases, listening louder offers no additional information, and only exposes one to ear damage. 

great last line!

and that SO good to hear - I upped the bass a bit for my plane ride here to DC

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #607 of 1,149
  I really enjoyed the Hugo - but I just don't need another DAC/Amp!!

I'm gonna work it out for a review though - and will share some impressions then!!

Your mind is simply not in sync with your heart...resistance is futile. Bottom line - if you're happy, buy. If you're sad, buy. If you're undecided, buy. If you're angry, buy. If you're bored, buy.

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #608 of 1,149
So wanting to receive my Roxanne CF Custom to pair with my Hugo.
Am I the last BF order to get delivery of them?
I heard that there was a hold up on the lower range BA's.

I found silver TWAg upgrade cable to my JHA13 so rewarding over the standard cable. I'm sure I'll be doing similar on the Rox.
Loving reading the reviews though guys.

Regards
Sceptre

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #610 of 1,149
Sadly no. I'm still waiting for my BF CF Roxanne's also but Angie told me they should ship in the next two weeks

Whoa... that long? I haven't checked this thread in a long time. BF units are still not all out yet?

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #611 of 1,149
I thought all BF orders have shipped also. Hang in there Sceptre, they sound wonderful. 

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #612 of 1,149
  AWESOME

I'm ON IT when I get home
I have the follow with me if you want any impressions w/ the following:

ALO Island
Dragonfly
microStreamer
Glove Audio A1 by CEntrance 
MYTEK 192-DSD-DAC
AK240

if you want...

The gear on my radar at the moment: AK240, Glove Audio A1, M8 and the Hugo.

I'd enjoy reading your listening experiences with any of the above with the Roxanne. If you (or anyone else) could compare with the AK120 all the better.

I'm also wondering if devices like the M8 or Hugo would sound good with iPhone/iPod as a source. In theory the digital signal should be the same as the higher-end sources but I'm sceptical (skeptical, for those of you over the river).

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #614 of 1,149
Have you guys notice hiss comes out from Hugo? 
I once got a great deal of Hugo but when I plugged my Roxanne to Hugo I can hear very obvious hiss comes out of it, which is intolerable. 
btw, I tried 3 Hugos with iPhone/iPad CCK, Mac Air. 

I'm thinking trying AK240 and compare again, any more portable dac/amp suggestions? 

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #615 of 1,149
  Have you guys notice hiss comes out from Hugo? 
I once got a great deal of Hugo but when I plugged my Roxanne to Hugo I can hear very obvious hiss comes out of it, which is intolerable. 
btw, I tried 3 Hugos with iPhone/iPad CCK, Mac Air. 

I'm thinking trying AK240 and compare again, any more portable dac/amp suggestions? 

Have you tried optical in? This could rule out possibility of usb noise.  Roxanne is sensitive iem so no surprise, and likely that you have goldenears to sniff out hiss.  
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back